B.r.a.s.s. - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: B.r.a.s.s.

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    When our Marine Instructor teaches us in our firing range, he uses the "Slack" term too. I however just tell my team to pick up the D*MN rifle, and send a shot down range into the center of the target or ill have them PT till they puke up thanksgiving. HaHa...

Credits
    Savings
    What about a shirt saying, "Marines!" (Plural) then it is more of an advertisement, rather than a label?

Registered User Free Member Chevy2233's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    It says "Marines". i wea it in support of Marines not becasue I want people to think that I am a Marine.

If there were any shirts that said Pollee I would buy one, but as far as I know, there isn't any, or I haven't seen any.

Registered User Free Member ktriplett's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    When we were finished at MEPS, they gave us the poolee shirts, which say Marines on the front, and a couple of different things on the back ("Pain is weakness leaving the body" & "Choose a place among the few"). The recruiters want us to wear them at the Poolee functions, and at things like this 5k some of us are doing on Sunday. That's the only Marines shirt I wear, until I earn the right to the title.

Cool Not Advertising........

I agree with greensidout..........Once you graduate Boot Camp and have earned the Title United States Marine......than you can proudly wear any Marine apparel.

Our reputation is the best advertisement that there is.......This is my opinion..........

The Drifter

Credits
    Savings
    MEPS, huh? I guess I'll have to go get one! are they for sale?

Credits
    Savings
    I guess it's the same reason why the inspection crew that came to our ROTC had a problem with our NCO's blood stripes. too thick they said...

Credits
    Savings
    We also have chevrons that have the Lamp of Learning, rather than crossed rifles... I know none of the cadets have earned crossed rifles, but the lamp is kinda weird... every time i look at it, i dont think USMCROTC cadet, I think Aladin and the magic carpet! ha ha

Registered User Free Member ktriplett's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    For sale? <gasp> They gave it to us because we made it through. I don't think they're for sale.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    wrbones: I just got around t reading your post and it was an interesting read. Thanks .

poolees: I wear gear that displays the word Marine and "Marines" etc. but I wear it to rifle and drill meets. Usually I wear my KWMCJROTC Rifle Team shirt (Kentwood Marine Corps Junior Reserves Officer Training Corps). It has the Marine Corps emblem on the back side and a devil dog on the front. I feel that as long as you are not trying to impersonate a Marine you should be okay. Thats my opinion though and I know it doesn't really matter .

Alexander Haile: I know what you mean about the lamps! They are pretty strange indeed. One guy started making fun of me last year when I was a c/PFC with just a huge lamp on my collar and so I just started talking some crap back in the most tactful manner I believe I have ever done something and the results were worth millions. He just stood there and looked stupid, then everyone laughed at him and he couldn't come back with something so he left .

more about sniper training

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...=&threadid=854

I was wrong. It was in open squad bay.

Speakin' of which.....

Thanks for the replies; very informative. WRBONES, what a great piece you wrote! A friend of mine was discounting the practice of the brass system. He insisted that you "drop" the site on the target and snap it instead of squeezing. I told him I felt he was incorrect, that the only time one might drop the site on a target and do a fast "squeeze" was when shooting offhand and probably in a combat situation. At least that's the way I was taught at PI in 1968. My shooting was great as long as I was able to maintain a secure, fixed position, but I had a heck of time scoring points in the offhand position. This is when the good Staff/Sgt. instructed me on offhand shooting; if you wait too long trying to acquire the perfect site picture you're all over the target. A fast sqeeze, when you were close to "crossing" the aim point worked wonders for me, and definitely helped me in Vietnam.

What the hell are you talking about!!!! this is a 6 year old thread... you don't go around bringing this stuff up out of the graveyard like that. These people probably aren't even here except for thedrifter and greensideout (whom I haven't seen in months).

you've been a member for over 3 years and have only three posts...

Apology

My apologies. I posted a question a month or so ago regarding the b.r.a.s.s. system. There were replies, and I saved one to my desktop. When I opened it up and reviewed it, I saw the postings by the aforementioned Marines, and did not check dates as to the age of the comments. Truthfully, I'm not sure what happened to cause this, other than an obvious ignorance of negotiating the web-site, which I will correct. Nothing was dragged out of the graveyard intentially.

I read much more than I write, which explains my very limited postings.

Thread Information