TBS December 1964; Chu Lai 1965-67 - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Bill,
    If you are referring to LtCol Alexander Wilson I go see him on a weekly basis.
    He is trying to remember the exact time-line from landing to first F-4s arriving.
    Thanks for any information you may have.
    Ben Warthan

I have a couple of dates...
    First A-4 landed on 1 June 65 (VMA-225).
    F-4's arrived in Sept. 66 (VMFA-314).
    The last MAG-12 squadron in Chu Lai, VMA-311, was reassigned to MAG-13 in Feb. 70. And we were all gone by the end of Sept. '70.

This is the Chu Lai we left behind...

Thank you very much for the newsclipping and pictures. I am going to see Colonel Wilson in a little while. He is going to be cremated here and buried in Arlington National Cemetery.

Hello,
    I know this is a longshot, but my father, Captain Joseph James Robertson, was doing air traffic control. 1st MAW, MATCU. Wish I had more photos and info. Agent Orange claimed his life this past 20 Apr. Anyway, thanks for your sacrafice and service. With respect, Drew Robertson

Col Alexander Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by wharvill View Post
    Bill:
    LtCol Alexander Wilson
    Colonel Wilson passed away three weeks ago

Dont know if my earlier post made it. My father, Captain Joseph James Roberson 1st MAW MATCU, was in Chu Lai '67-'69. He was air traffic Conrol. Agent Orange claimed his life 20 april of last year. Im a grown man, but i lost my hero. Just trying to make connections. Thanks for your sacrafice and service. Drew Robertson

Bob,

My dad was in Chu Lai I believe he came over in Feb 1966 as well. Alan F Schaefer He was part of MAG 12 Did you know him?

Ron,

My dad was in Chu Lai I believe he came over in Feb 1966 as well. Alan F Schaefer He was part of MAG 12 and MATCU 67. Did you know him? Always looking for any updates, photos or people that knew him.

Thread Information