TBS December 1964; Chu Lai 1965-67
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings

TBS December 1964; Chu Lai 1965-67

I am interested in finding "old timers" who graduated from Quantico TBS in December 1964 or who served in MAG-12 in the early years of Chu Lai. Also, anyone with Chu Lai photos from that timeframe.....

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Bob, I just read your message. My Dad is Lt. Col. Rex Wilson (USMC-Ret.). He was EX and Col. Les Brown was CO of MAG 12 in Chu Lai/1965. I was over at my parents today; my Dad just happened to show me a group photo of MAG 12 during that time frame. If you would still like a copy I will be happy to mail/scan (if I can get my scanner to work) to you. Please let me know.

Sincerely from a very PROUD Marine's daughter,
    Karen

Quote Originally Posted by BobTate
    I am interested in finding "old timers" who graduated from Quantico TBS in December 1964 or who served in MAG-12 in the early years of Chu Lai. Also, anyone with Chu Lai photos from that timeframe.....
    I have some photos on this site under my name in the Photo Gallary, but they are photos of grunts 65 and 66 Chu Lai (kilo 3/7), there are some photos of Helicopter on LZs. Eventually, I will get around to putting more on the site.

Credits
    Savings

Karen....MAG-12 Chu Lai

Karen...

great to hear from you. I arrived in Chu Lai in Feb 1966. I remember your Dad's name and Les Browns although I can't remember for sure if they were still there when I got there. The MAG-12 CO I served under for the longest time was Jay Hubbard, who passed away last year.

I have found some of the other officers I served with, some of whom were among the original landing party in 1965.... maybe your dad knew Ed Rolita, Dick Milller or Vic Britt.

I would love any pictures you have and I have some I can send in your direction. Send diurectly to BobTate@aol.com.

Thank you and give your Dad a "Semper Fi" for me.

Bob

matcu 67 mabs 12 mag 12

I was a radar tech in the gca unit that landed in may of 65. There was no base when we came ashore. I have pictures taken in the fall of 65 . I was on hand for the first fixed wing landing. I left chu lai in Jan. of 66. I have those pictures on a cd which I could copyand send to you if desired.

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Jerry/Chu Lai/ 1965 CD

Hi, Jerry! Thank you for your note. We would appreciate it if you would send us a CD during that time period. I know my Dad would enjoy seeing it and so would the rest of the family. Please let us know how much it is & we will send you the money.

Sincerely,
    Karen (Tudy)

My dad served in MAG 12 VMA 311 in Chu Lai in 1966. We have some photos and would like to possibly swap some of them. His name is Barry Healey. Please let me now if you or anyone here remebers him. Also if anyone knows how where or if I can get a 311th patch, the one with Sylvester the cat, please let me know. please e-mail me at bhealey47@yahoo.com. Thanks Bhealey47

Credits
    Savings
    Barry..

check your email. Patchmart.com has the Tomcat patch you want. I sent the link.

Would be interested in trading pics...email me back.

I served in Chu Lia Viet Nam with Mabs 12 and believe Lt. Col Wilson was the Co. I served with First Sgt Shields, and Warrent Offficer Brennan. I am trying to verfy this. Can the Colonel name some of the people he remembers, officers & enlisted. I would drive him about the garrison on occasions. I rermember a Lcpl Janko, who was transferred to the grunts, A Lcpl Joe Bradly. I remember the Col as tall blonde headed man.

Trying to locate men I served with in Mabs 12, Mag 12, Chu Lia, Viet Nam, May 1965 to Oct 1965. Please respond with how to reach you. My email is bmathews@ringlerassociates.com

Sgt Bill MAthews

Looking for Marines with Mag 12, Mabs 12, 1964 in Chu l ia Viet Nam,

Sgt Bill Mathews

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph P Carey View Post
    I have some photos on this site under my name in the Photo Gallary, but they are photos of grunts 65 and 66 Chu Lai (kilo 3/7), there are some photos of Helicopter on LZs. Eventually, I will get around to putting more on the site.

I was in Mabs 12, Mag 12 Chu Lia 1965 when we went in. Trying to locate fellow Marines.

Sgt Bil MAthews

Quote Originally Posted by Tudy View Post
    Bob, I just read your message. My Dad is Lt. Col. Rex Wilson (USMC-Ret.). He was EX and Col. Les Brown was CO of MAG 12 in Chu Lai/1965. I was over at my parents today; my Dad just happened to show me a group photo of MAG 12 during that time frame. If you would still like a copy I will be happy to mail/scan (if I can get my scanner to work) to you. Please let me know.

Sincerely from a very PROUD Marine's daughter,
    Karen

I was there during that time. Was your Dad
    CO of MABS 12 or MAG 12? Does he remember the Mabs 12 Co at the time and First Sgt?

Credits
    Savings
    Bill..
    here is the pic Tudy sent me a few years back...see if you recognize anyone...

[IMG][/IMG]

The only question was when this was taken, because the huts in the back ground were not there in my tour. We where all still in tents. But second from right sitting & standing may have been the MABS 12 Co.

Thread Information