Knowledge
Create Post

Thread: Knowledge

Question Knowledge

I am just wondering what I should have memorized before I go to bootcamp. I know the General Orders, Marine Corps birthday, the Core Values, the 14 leadership traits, and the Rank Structure. Is there anything else that would help me out when I get to Recruit Training?

Help Before Bootcamp...

YES:

Get into shape, keep your mouth shut, eyes, and ears open.
    Do as you are told, never question anything while in Boot.
    Learn and MASTER YOUR RIFLE, and YOUR COMBAT SKILLS.
    PERIOD.

Try and get by for the first half.....without them even learning your NAME, in other words BLEND.
    Good Luck,
    May God Bless You

Thanks, Ive been doing 3 intense PTs a week, weight lifting, and casual running on my own. I should get at least a 250 PFT unless I get really F'd up and break my leg or something and get sent to MRP. I plan on doing exaclty what you said, I plan on just shutting up and doing as I told without hesitation.

Check under Marine Mentor, there is a ton of KNOWLEDGE information.

Enjoy.

To Wolfman...

Wolfman:

Unlike MANY others here asking questions of us who have been there...YOU HAVE JUST THE RIGHT ATTITUDE.

Must be in your upbringing or a personal desire and moral correctness to be the best.

Here's a quote from me... take it with you and live by it. It will serve you well in life, well after the Marine Corps.

"YOU HAVE TO LEARN HOW TO TAKE ORDERS WITHOUT QUESTION, BEFORE YOU CAN EXPECT TO GIVE THEM.

I have a gift from above all of my life ....I can either talk to or dectect a persons charactor within 5 minutes with them...It has served me well.

I can tell YOU are going to do just FINE, Keep Up YOUR ATTITUDE, Follow Orders, Master Your Rifle, Combat Skills as Taught, and the rest will take care of it self.

Wish there were more like you in this "me" generation.

Good Luck,
    Gods Speed and Blessings Future Marine

Thank you Eagle57. Your quote means alot to me. At first I planned to go to college and then pursue a career as a Marine Corps Officer, but I decided that if I wanted to be in charge of expierienced Marines I myself must be an expierienced Marine. I just hope that the studying and physical training Ive done pays off when I get to MCRD.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Take a look at this link http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=28850
    this is the knowlege test you will take in phase 3 and you must pass it to graduate.

Jim

Thread Information