MP stories
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MP stories

MP stories

I am planning on joining the Marines in the next year, im going to be an MP. I was wondering if anyone had any good stories about runins with MPs, or if any MPs had any good stories to share. Thank you

Military Police

as a Marine Military Policeman/Policewoman you will see and hear it all. two of my favorites that still stick out in my mind after 20+ years of being out.

MCAS EL TORO 1985-1987
    my partner and i respond to base housing/domestic disturbance. my partner is upstairs talking to the marine,, i am downstairs talking to the wife. i ask her whats going on, why is everbody fighting tonight. she tells me," we been smoking pot and he wants to quit and i want to smoke one more. i tell her to shut up and listen to me real carefully. i read her the miranda warning (her rights). then i ask her if there is any pot in the house. she tells me yes, tells me where it is. he went to the brig at pendelton, the orange county sheriff took custody of her. dumbest thing i ever seen, telling law enforcement we are fighting over dope.

dumba$$ number two- pull over a vehicle, ask the driver for her drivers license, insurance ,registration, and military ID. as she is fumbling for all this she asks me which military ID do you need to see. i ask her how many you have. she says two. ok let me see both of them. come to find out she is married to a active duty marine and a active duty airman (bigamy). HERES YOUR BRACELETS AND YOUR SIGN.

This was at MCB Kaneohe Bay HI, around 1997... I was Patrol Supervisor on the night shift at the time, we had just got in a new batch of Boots from MP School, needless to say my Platoon got 2 of them. We partnered them up with some senior patrolman. One night as the E Club was closing, a couple of over served Jarheads wanted to "practice" some "Line traning" on the club lawn, needless to say, what better time to find out if the Boots packed the proper "gear". They did a good job subduing the individuals, only problem, in all the excitment, all you heard was "HEY, THATS MY HAND ", the Boots cuffed themselvs, not he suspects.

Another question i have is are MPs liked by other Marines, or is it like cops and civilians? This does not affect weather or not i want to be an MP i am just curious. By the way thoes stories are funny as hell keep them coming.

If there is only one thing you get out of this, REMEMBER THIS... beyond that badge, over those sacred base regs, you are a MARINE first and foremost. Dont ever forget that. The day you do, somebody will remind you. I cant tell you how many times I have seen that, and as a Non- Comissioned Officer in the United States Marine Corps it was my DUTY to "educate" those individuals who put the badge above the Corps.

Ohhh, to answer your question, I had friends in all different MOS's from Grunt to Admin. Nobody cares if your an Mp as long as your not a Dick.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I never had a problem with MPs - any time I ever had a run in with one, I always got out of it AND they always looked out for me coming through the gates at night.

Quote Originally Posted by konman1
    This was at MCB Kaneohe Bay HI, around 1997... I was Patrol Supervisor on the night shift at the time, we had just got in a new batch of Boots from MP School, needless to say my Platoon got 2 of them. We partnered them up with some senior patrolman. One night as the E Club was closing, a couple of over served Jarheads wanted to "practice" some "Line traning" on the club lawn, needless to say, what better time to find out if the Boots packed the proper "gear". They did a good job subduing the individuals, only problem, in all the excitment, all you heard was "HEY, THATS MY HAND ", the Boots cuffed themselvs, not he suspects.
    let me guess,,,, you "lost" your handcuff key and you left them handcuffed together for at least 30 minutes while you searched for your "lost" key.

lmao

In my 8 years the only MP problem I had was with army mp's. If they knew you were a Marine you were on there sheeet list and you were in for a bad time. army mps are nothing but a bunch of pr++-ks

Quote Originally Posted by davecerami275
    let me guess,,,, you "lost" your handcuff key and you left them handcuffed together for at least 30 minutes while you searched for your "lost" key.

lmao
    That was the perfect opportunity to let them try out the old adapt and overcome

dumba$$ number three

el toro 1984-1987

alarm activation, generals quarters, desk sgt advises all responding units, "this is not a drill." holy hell batman the ****e has hit the fan. within minutes the entire base is shut down, nobody leaves, nobody comes aboard. gates closed ,runways secured. all responding units are doing mach 3 to get to their pre assigned positions. we are locked and loaded,,, something serious has happened and the general has hit the panic button in his quarters. all off duty military policeman are being recalled. we get there set up a outer perimeter and a inner perimeter. someone sees the generals wife outside. they just grab her a$$ and throw her in a patrol car, and hauls a$$ out of the area. not really istening to what she is saying. then we get a call on the radio code 4, all secure. WTF. come to find out the generals wife let her fu/*ing dog out to take a crap, she could not find the little bas*/rd so she hits the panic alarm in her house, because she cannot find her precious little fu**ing dog. yes boys and girls we are military policeman, but that day the entire fu**-ng watch was a bunch of dog catchers for the generals wife. gotta love it. heres your sign MAM!!

Marine Military Policeman fu**ing around.

right outside of el toro there was a large strawberry field, and in that field what would you find, you guessed it, illegal aliens picking the strawberries. the mainside patrol unit would coordinate with the housing patrol unit and both would wonder off base, approach the field from opposite sides and take up a position on opposite corners of the field. then these two smart a$$es would get on the public address system and start saying, "la migra, la migra, la migra" (immigration, immigration, immigration). all the illegals in the fields picking the strawberries, minding their own business, would look up see two police cars with the red lights going and all they hear is la migra. they immediateley think border patrol. and they start hauling a$$ out of there in all directions. at least a hundred illegals running all over each other trying to get the f**k out of dodge.

footnote: i did not participate in any of the la migra "raids", because that would have been totally unprofessional and in violation of at least two dozen orders. lmao

Hey dave this kinda goes with your Boarder jumper story, At K-Bay we had a problem with the locals swimming around one of our parimeter fences to ride the surf, its almost impossible to stop, but you can at least have fun with it, we would wait until they got out of the water to take a dump, sneak up on them and spin my hand cuffs, they jump up pulling up their shorts with s**t all down their legs. You could look forward to getting them at least once a week.

konman1- In '75, they had a little more serious problem with the 'locals' at K-Bay. A few hundred Hawaiians gathered at the gate to protest US military "occupation" of their 'sacred burial grounds' at Makapuu Pt.
    A bunch of them had weapons, i.e. bats, swords, knives, a few rifles, etc.
    The Base CO, Col. Shuford, ordered some 3rd Regt. troops to the gate in full gear...locked and loaded.
    I watched from the sidelines, just outside the gate, as the Col. cautioned the Marines not to antagonize the Hawaiians. Then he said, "If they set foot on this base, shoot them."
    The crowd broke up a few minutes later.

...the bad news... A couple weeks later, half a dozen Marines were playin' football at Kailua Beach Park. They got jumped by about 20 Hawaiians/Samoans. Sadly, the Marines got bested. All of em in the hospital, hurt bad.

True stuff...
    drumcorpssnare

Hey drum, Yeah I heard about some of that, the not so funny thing is that I really dont think much has changed, they are just not so vocal about it. You always had to sort of watch your a** when outside the gates. I guess they would rather be speaking Jap.

Christmass time at Marine Barrickes Hawthorn Navy Ammo Dump Nev. It was Christmass eve a Marine Pvt. on a post so far out you had to have a lunch just to get there. He calls in a UFO sighting over a high security area. The Sgt. of the gaurd calls the OD the OD calls the base comander, the base comander call NAS Fallon. Nev. Fallon sends 2 jet fighters. Next the Marine Pvt. calls the SOTG and he says," as you were on that UFO, it just was Santa". Now talk about a cover-up. The best thing is they could not do anything to the Marine Pvt. without involing them selfs. Big,big cover up. True story.

Thread Information