How to spot a Phony SEAL - Page 26
Create Post
Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Can they back it up?

Quote Originally Posted by headshots View Post
    Around work when some of the fella's see my USMC ink, they want to talk about their service. Everyone that was in the Navy are SEAL's, and everyone that was in the Army are Special Forces.
    okay, that is fine alright. But how many sailors can say that they are Marines too. Only a select few who have gone through FMSS school, and then served with the Corps. And it would appear that even in the wars in the Middle East that even though the Marines still get the most purple hearts it is the CORPSMEN who get the most of the most.
    I won't say that I have earned the right to extinguishment of this sort, but I have earned the right to say I too am a Marine although I joined the Navy.
    My DD214 specifically says my major duty station was with FMFPAC at Camp Pendleton after I want to FMSS school..
    Semper fi.

Squad Leader Free Member Wyoming's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by HM3doc View Post
    okay, that is fine alright. But how many sailors can say that they are Marines too. Only a select few who have gone through FMSS school, and then served with the Corps. And it would appear that even in the wars in the Middle East that even though the Marines still get the most purple hearts it is the CORPSMEN who get the most of the most.
    I won't say that I have earned the right to extinguishment of this sort, but I have earned the right to say I too am a Marine although I joined the Navy.
    My DD214 specifically says my major duty station was with FMFPAC at Camp Pendleton after I want to FMSS school..
    Semper fi.
    ... and Semper Fidelis to you also.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!!

thank you

Nothing but respect to you and all CORPSMEN, Doc. Only talkin' about the guys at work that try to be something they're not. I respect everyone who has served, no matter what branch or MOS. SEMPER FI!!!

Sorry for the thin skin, headshots.

I just wish I had satayed in. I remember when Desert Storm came around. I was just out a few years, and I was kickin' myself in the butt for not stayin' in. Oh well

hmm. Stupid people are just funny.. That would be like a guy saying he is a marine and then saying he does not know how to use a gun.. But they would still keep their lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    While I was never force recon, I was generally in very good shape up until about 12-years ago when my body started to fall apart, thus helping to cause an early retirement from the PD. Part of my problem was an old back-injury from a parachute jump (sport, not military).

My weight in the Corps was about 165 (I'm 5' 11"). As a police officer, my weight ran about 175 - 180, but I lifted more weights than I did while in the Corps. I bossed a part-time SWAT team, so getting soft wasn't an option.

Right now, I'd love to just get below 200. I've recently lost 20-lbs so I'm happy about that, but I'm still 230.

Moreover, while I am working on a PhD to keep my mind active, I work part-time for a friend as a printer at his print shop. That job is more for a reason to get my fat butt out of bed early and out of the house for a few hours daily since I don't drink any more. So, sometimes a "lowly" seeming job is just to keep busy more than it is to earn money.

Sometimes sh*t happens to people who would rather not be the way they are, but can't do much about it. So they improvise, adapt, and overcome.

ZULU 36-There's nothing Wrong With You -"what so ever"-Those Police really lost-"a Great-Officer"-when you left.Going for you PHD-You'll get it.I think you can do any thing you want.I can tell you were a Great Policeman-just by the way you express yourself.Good brain-good observer-hidden talents-You should be with the FBI-I'm with you Brother-Much Respect Sent.

We have one Navy SEAL living here near me he does not talk about or say he is SEAL but one day his son who was about 20 at the time came up to us while we where talking about things going on around the City and started going on about how his Dad was Navy SEAL and he could kick the sh*t out of everyone. Next thing I knew his Dad grabed him by the neck spun him around and kicked him right in the butt, then told him to stop already. After that he turned to me and ask that I never tell anyone he was SEAL it was over and he was out. He just does not wish to talk about what he did other than he was in the Navy. And yes I know for a fact he was SEAL as he is a member of the VFW I am with. One great guy!

SEMPER FIDELIS
    Often Tested, Always Faithful, Brothers and Sisters Forever

" In God We Trust"

Cpl Harvey B. "Butch" Harrison Jr.
    God, Country, Corps and Family

Quote Originally Posted by hbharrison View Post
    We have one Navy SEAL living here near me he does not talk about or say he is SEAL but one day his son who was about 20 at the time came up to us while we where talking about things going on around the City and started going on about how his Dad was Navy SEAL and he could kick the sh*t out of everyone. Next thing I knew his Dad grabed him by the neck spun him around and kicked him right in the butt, then told him to stop already. After that he turned to me and ask that I never tell anyone he was SEAL it was over and he was out. He just does not wish to talk about what he did other than he was in the Navy. And yes I know for a fact he was SEAL as he is a member of the VFW I am with. One great guy!
    Brother, you NEVER know if someone is the "Real Deal SEAL" or not unless you run his name through the BUD/S Database. Its true some operators do NOT want publicity, hence the moniker "Silent Professionals". If you want to know for sure.. Just private message me his name and approximate age.. I can get confirmation for you. If he is, buy him a beer next time you see him. If he's not what he says, we can get a DD214 by FOIA request.. thats sets in motion another series of events and issues. You can remain anonymous.

About 2 years ago someone spotted something unusual.. he asked some REAL SEAL's to help him figure out if the dude was a hero like his chest said he was (Toss Salad). An FBI agent busted the guy, he had a bunch of unearned medals including Silver Star, Bronze Star, Purple heart, POW Ribbon, and (of course) SEAL Trident. This buttplug was also the local Commander of a DAV chapter.. Total Fraud. In the end he turned out to be like a 2nd class ET onboard a ship for 3 years and was discharged. He escaped prosecution under the Stolen Valor Act though. The FBI Agent that went to his house to confront him took all his unearned awards and warned him never to wear them again or face prison.

This is the POS wannabe:
    http://www.socnet.com/showpost.php?p...85&postcount=5

Thanks Big AL. Too bad there is no caduceus in the smilies

Hey OldSwabbie

I am wondering about getting another DD214 by FOIA request. When I got out I had a copy made at the courthouse in my hometown, but I seeem to have lost my original. I have copies, but I would like the entire thing. THe courthouse only gives me one page, and As I am remembering there was more than one page.
    I would really like to get another. IS THIS possible?
    Thanks,
    HM3doc.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSwabbie View Post
    Brother, you NEVER know if someone is the "Real Deal SEAL" or not unless you run his name through the BUD/S Database. Its true some operators do NOT want publicity, hence the moniker "Silent Professionals". If you want to know for sure.. Just private message me his name and approximate age.. I can get confirmation for you. If he is, buy him a beer next time you see him. If he's not what he says, we can get a DD214 by FOIA request.. thats sets in motion another series of events and issues. You can remain anonymous.

About 2 years ago someone spotted something unusual.. he asked some REAL SEAL's to help him figure out if the dude was a hero like his chest said he was (Toss Salad). An FBI agent busted the guy, he had a bunch of unearned medals including Silver Star, Bronze Star, Purple heart, POW Ribbon, and (of course) SEAL Trident. This buttplug was also the local Commander of a DAV chapter.. Total Fraud. In the end he turned out to be like a 2nd class ET onboard a ship for 3 years and was discharged. He escaped prosecution under the Stolen Valor Act though. The FBI Agent that went to his house to confront him took all his unearned awards and warned him never to wear them again or face prison.

This is the POS wannabe:
    http://www.socnet.com/showpost.php?p...85&postcount=5

Squad Leader Free Member Zulu 36's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HM3doc View Post
    I am wondering about getting another DD214 by FOIA request. When I got out I had a copy made at the courthouse in my hometown, but I seeem to have lost my original. I have copies, but I would like the entire thing. THe courthouse only gives me one page, and As I am remembering there was more than one page.
    I would really like to get another. IS THIS possible?
    Thanks,
    HM3doc.
    Yes. Send for a copy of your DD-214 from the National Records Center.

http://www.archives.gov/st-louis/mil...nel/index.html

If you want, you can ask for just your DD-214's, or for all of your military records and they will send along a certified copy of your DD-214 as well (with a raised seal). As good as the original.

BTW, DD-214s are generally only one page, unless you have re-enlisted, in which case you might have more than one DD-214. I have a bunch, three from the Marines, and four or five from the Air National Guard (one for every period of 31-days or more of active duty, plus my final one at retirement, and also a DD-215 which is a correction page for a DD-214 with an error).

I try to ignore the wannabes and war heros.I have Marine corps tattoos on my arms,so I guess when I advertise which branch of the service I opted for,I should expect some comments on my tattoos.
    There is no way everyone that was in the USMC was a scout/sniper or served with Force Recon.Someone had to be a cook or mechanic.
    I keep my answers short and to the point,and try to avoid asking them any questions that will make it worse than it already is.
    I was at the V.A. recently,and another Seal wannabe was telling me how he was captured,and the N.V.A. officer had a lampshade made out of the skin on his stomach.It was getting sickening,and I was glad when my turn came to be checked by the doctor.
    I don't know why so many people have to lie to people about their time in the service.you did what you did,and that's it.
    Semper Fi

Hey Dave don't forget us little ol fruck drivers

SEMPER FIDELIS
    Often Tested, Always Faithful, Brothers and Sisters Forever

" In God We Trust"

Cpl Harvey B. "Butch" Harrison Jr.
    God, Country, Corps and Family

Thread Information