How to spot a Phony SEAL - Page 25
Create Post
Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    Squad Leader Free Member Zulu 36's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HM3doc View Post
    I am wondering about getting another DD214 by FOIA request. When I got out I had a copy made at the courthouse in my hometown, but I seeem to have lost my original. I have copies, but I would like the entire thing. THe courthouse only gives me one page, and As I am remembering there was more than one page.
    I would really like to get another. IS THIS possible?
    Thanks,
    HM3doc.
    Yes. Send for a copy of your DD-214 from the National Records Center.

http://www.archives.gov/st-louis/mil...nel/index.html

If you want, you can ask for just your DD-214's, or for all of your military records and they will send along a certified copy of your DD-214 as well (with a raised seal). As good as the original.

BTW, DD-214s are generally only one page, unless you have re-enlisted, in which case you might have more than one DD-214. I have a bunch, three from the Marines, and four or five from the Air National Guard (one for every period of 31-days or more of active duty, plus my final one at retirement, and also a DD-215 which is a correction page for a DD-214 with an error).

Islamifascists delenda est

I try to ignore the wannabes and war heros.I have Marine corps tattoos on my arms,so I guess when I advertise which branch of the service I opted for,I should expect some comments on my tattoos.
    There is no way everyone that was in the USMC was a scout/sniper or served with Force Recon.Someone had to be a cook or mechanic.
    I keep my answers short and to the point,and try to avoid asking them any questions that will make it worse than it already is.
    I was at the V.A. recently,and another Seal wannabe was telling me how he was captured,and the N.V.A. officer had a lampshade made out of the skin on his stomach.It was getting sickening,and I was glad when my turn came to be checked by the doctor.
    I don't know why so many people have to lie to people about their time in the service.you did what you did,and that's it.
    Semper Fi

Hey Dave don't forget us little ol fruck drivers

SEMPER FIDELIS
    Often Tested, Always Faithful, Brothers and Sisters Forever

" In God We Trust"

Cpl Harvey B. "Butch" Harrison Jr.
    God, Country, Corps and Family

Quote Originally Posted by hbharrison View Post
    Hey Dave don't forget us little ol fruck drivers
    Sorry my friend,didn't mean to omit fruck drivers.

You know your right Dave these wannabees seem to be comeing out of the wood work each and every day it just p*sses me off more and more when I hear of one or meet one want to put a size 12 right, well I do anyway.

SEMPER FIDELIS

" In God We Trust"

Quote Originally Posted by HM3doc View Post
    I am wondering about getting another DD214 by FOIA request. When I got out I had a copy made at the courthouse in my hometown, but I seeem to have lost my original. I have copies, but I would like the entire thing. THe courthouse only gives me one page, and As I am remembering there was more than one page.
    I would really like to get another. IS THIS possible?
    Thanks,
    HM3doc.
    Zulu36 is right, its easy as pie to get your DD214. Just print it out and sign the thing and it'll come in the mail in days. They tell you weeks, but it was like 2 or 3 days and I had mine. You get the full monty when you order you own records, the FOIA requests gets quite a bit but not as much as if it was your own information... But it DOES have deployments, schools, NEC/MOS, Pay rate and awards etc.

Thanks Swabbie

I'm not, nor have I ever been, in the military...but being a family member I am interested in the Marine Corps and as such have talked to many Marines and sailors as well....

What I "love" is when someone claiming to be a SEAL or Force Recon or whatever...doesn't even know RANK STRUCTURE! I had someone try to tell me that he was a SEAL instructor and I said, "Oh really that's outstanding...what rank are you?" He said Master Chief...I said, "Wow you're an E7?" He said yeah. :/

I said, "Next time you want to impersonate a Navy SEAL you might want to google Naval rank structure dumb ***."

I'll say it again -- Ain't a SEAL if he doesn't say "I ain't got time to bleed."

Funny stuff here...I used to work in the weapons industry and every third guy in his forties was a RECCE and a former member of the 32 battalion...LOL. The best way to muck him up is when he is with his friends or gf and you ask him about callibers and set up the stage.
    *ME: WOW...You must've been knee deep in the kak.
    *Chop: Ja, It was hectic.
    *ME: You use those .50 cal R1's second generation? those things are awesome! The 32 used alot of those classified weapons.
    *Chop: Ja (looks like around to the people around with a I'm the man attitude) My favourite weapon.
    *ME: Thats interesting since they dont exist! (I walked off and the effect was done, true story)

*South African meaning of CHOP:diot (See Also Doos, Plank).
    “You’re such a chop you know that”
    from http://coffeemonger.wordpress.com/south-african-lingo/

Quote Originally Posted by farley6 View Post
    me, im a usmc type a guy, but my friend feels, (much to my disliking) that the navy seals are the way to go, he is not as tough as he thinks he is and will find that out if/when he goes for seals. all the way!!!!

well considering certain restrictions... Semper Gumby...
    I'm glad you have enthusiasm and determination to become a US Marine. You'll need all that to get through PI or Pendleton. However, when referring as to "Navy SEAL" please make sure its typed in all Caps.. Just as we Capitalize "M" in Marine. Its a matter of respect for our Green (Marine) and web footed brothers (SEAL). Thanks..

Good day...
    I didn't read through everything but I'll comment anyway.

"How to spot a phony SEAL'....one that boasts about being one is a good clue.

It is my life experiences those who boast the most have actually done the least.
    Similar to the cliche 'believe half of what we see and none of what we hear'.

That's my take on the original question.

Quote Originally Posted by chulaivet1966 View Post
    Good day...
    I didn't read through everything but I'll comment anyway.

"How to spot a phony SEAL'....one that boasts about being one is a good clue.

It is my life experiences those who boast the most have actually done the least.
    Similar to the cliche 'believe half of what we see and none of what we hear'.

That's my take on the original question.
    Used that rule as an LEO and still use it today, it works well.

SEMPER FIDELIS

" In God We Trust"

I can't believe I found this phony Navy frogman.
    He wasn't even hiding the fact that he isn't a Navy Frogman...

Lol!!!!!!!!!!!! That's A Good One Bill!!!

Semper Fi My Brother

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

Thread Information