How to spot a Phony SEAL - Page 25
Create Post
Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Farley6 is your Buddy ever been a Force Recon Marine?

Marine Family Free Member SmithAdrian's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Integrity57 View Post
    Semper Gumby is a Navy term? They didn't teach me that in boot camp lol.
    First attack submariners (I think)

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Well is You were a Force Recom Marine being Inseted by being Inseretded bY FORWARD TOPEDO Tube You might Be called that because You where Alive to CALIM THAT DESTINGTION!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty Puffs View Post
    I don't get how that verifies anything?
    I see what he meant when you said about Camp Pendleton I had a dirt bad tell me he was a Marine and did all his boot camp at El Torro Ca. and then did his I.T.R. at camp Lejeune N.C. But couldn't remember his Platoon number he said he thought it was 7071 or 7070 he wasn't sure. He was really surprise when I called him a lier and told him there are only two places to do boot camp he tried to tell me there was three or four places to do it. what a piece of chit.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Integrity57 View Post
    Semper Gumby is a Navy term? They didn't teach me that in boot camp lol.
    We used Semper Gumby instead of WTF over when things changed. I've heard it used by older Marines at the time in other units.

Quote Originally Posted by guardsman View Post
    I am an Aussie digger...
    Can you enlighten me to what an Aussie Digger is?

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    An Aussie Digger is an Australian Soldier, it is a nick name/slang that goes back to the early 1900's.

Quote Originally Posted by jrhd97 View Post
    We used Semper Gumby instead of WTF over when things changed. I've heard it used by older Marines at the time in other units.
    Ah ok, we used "Roger that" for alot of different instances, most used it as a smart ass response to something a "Shippy" said to them tho haha. "Shippy" being short for "Shipmate," which alot of Chiefs and Officers call junior Sailors when speaking to them.

Quote Originally Posted by guardsman View Post
    An Aussie Digger is an Australian Soldier, it is a nick name/slang that goes back to the early 1900's.
    Oh ok, thanks.

All Semper Gumby means is "Always Flexible"...I don't think its incredibly significant where it originated. And my Corpsman usually never had any sarcastic reply other than to sigh loudly and rub his eyes...lol

howdy Aussie,
    I am an honorray Marine, a FMF corpsman. Did my two years, 24 months, with the jarheads. Even went througha hellWeek with Recon Marines with hopes of going to Benning. I made itr through that week, but Wasn't able to make it to Benning.
    I'm just wondering what a digger is?

HM3doc

Read post #340

Thanks DanM.
    After I posted that question last night I looked at post #340. But then we know that going through the SEAL HellWeek is like going through the HellWeek the USMC offers. It's all a matter of mind over matter. And it was glorious what the Marine corps gave us. Th' pain, the misery, the hell.
    Well, may be not that glorious, but a Marine don't back down for nothin' right.
    And as Marines we know that there ain't nothin' can keep us from gettin' there.
    OOOrah! Semper Fi bro.

howdy gumby,

If yer gonna post you need to get things right. First as somebody else has pointed out you GOTTA be sure to capitalize USMC. The Marines are NOT lower case, AT ALL!
    ANd as a Marine Corps sailor I want to inform you that SEALS is all CAPS too.
    Because whether you are a USMC type of guy or aSEAL type of guy they are BOTH BAD to the bone! DO NOT forget that.
    OOOooorah! HM3doc

Around work when some of the fella's see my USMC ink, they want to talk about their service. Everyone that was in the Navy are SEAL's, and everyone that was in the Army are Special Forces.

Thread Information