How to spot a Phony SEAL - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Yeah, Maverick, I swear, if we really have had all those guys serving in the Infantry and SpecOps that say they did, I can't understand how we didn't kill or capture every single North Vietnamese long before 1975!!!!

And why BinLaden is still running around, too! Maybe "specOps" of today just aren't as 'high speed' as they are made out to be....heck, look at the 'recruits' LOL.

I saw a great quote on another board, which def. applies here, and one I've used:

"Veteran?? Bullsh*t! The only conflict this guy is a veteran of is the 'War on Drugs', and in that, he was an enemy combatant!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun
    Yeah, Maverick, I swear, if we really have had all those guys serving in the Infantry and SpecOps that say they did, I can't understand how we didn't kill or capture every single North Vietnamese long before 1975!!!!

And why BinLaden is still running around, too! Maybe "specOps" of today just aren't as 'high speed' as they are made out to be....heck, look at the 'recruits' LOL.

I saw a great quote on another board, which def. applies here, and one I've used:

"Veteran?? Bullsh*t! The only conflict this guy is a veteran of is the 'War on Drugs', and in that, he was an enemy combatant!!"

Holy ****, a few seconds earlier and I would've spit freakin' coke all over the computer. That was freakin' hilarious.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Talking Lower Form Of Marine Life !!!!!

LOOK CLOSELY,IF HE AIN'T GOT GILL'S;AND WEBB FEET. IS A PRETTY GOOD INDICATION,THAT HE AIN'T THE REAL DEAL!!!(LMAO) 10/4~20/20

A friend of mines' a doc; he served in Nam as an off leash dog handler-I know this is true because I've seen the pictures and I wrote him when he was there. He talks about posers in the ER; they were all Green beanies,SEALs or Force Recon-but they can't remember where or when exactly they served or even what kind of weapon they carried.(he's a gun nut) Just too many bad memories so they've blocked it all out-he is not very kind to these people!

Though off topic.... more than once in social setting when someone learns I served in our Corps, they will engage me in conversation and say something like " I was only in the Navy"

On my way home from work one night, I took a detour to the local establishment. I think I had a Jarhead shirt or somthing on and I had this obvioulsy over served nimrod explain to me how he was a member of the most elite fighting force in the world, Navy Recon. The funny thing is these homos come out of nowhere and talk to you like you really give a s**t.

It seems like these a**holes could at least be entertaining or creative! Normally it is just such blatant BS that any one with any military training is going "yeah, OK, see ya later."

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Jojosdad
    Though off topic.... more than once in social setting when someone learns I served in our Corps, they will engage me in conversation and say something like " I was only in the Navy"
    Well, if you had learned your Marine Corps manners, you would say something like "Sucks to be you" or "Well, there are winners, and there are losers...", or something to that effect.

Hey, it's not YOUR fault he has an inferiority complex. Besides, if he admits the Navy is the lesser service, then good on him for speaking the truth, because the truth shall set you free!!

Sgt gw

These are all funny as heck, but true. And yes, the truth does set us free!
    It's like the old Marine recruiting poster says..."When You're The Best...It's Hard To Be Humble"

I recall havin' a few with a rookie fly-boy in Honolulu once. He was puttin' his smokes out in his nearly full PBR's, then drinking them. He was so trashed, he got sick all over himself. At one point he said he wished he had joined the Marine Corps. I said something like, "If YOU could be a Marine...I guess we just really wouldn't be "the Marines!" He was too drunk to 'get it.'

drumcorpssnare

P.S.- Just for the record, I did help this guy to the YMCA so he could catch the bus to Hickam,AFB.

Last edited by drumcorpssnare; 01-15-07 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Forgot to add P.S.

Snare, when I was stationed at K-Bay ('64-66) hardly any Marines owned a car.

There were two cars, owned by SGT's, in the barracks parking lot.

Everybody either walked or used some type of commerical transportation.

There was a limosine service (old worn out black Chryslers driven by kanaki's) that ran twice a night from the E-Club on K-Bay to the YMCA in Honolulu.

The last one left Honolulu at 2400 or 0100, can't remember, and if you missed it, it was a long walk back to base.

Did you ever enjoy this service?

1st Sgt. Stewart- Which "service" were you speaking of? If you meant "foot- service" (pickin' em up, and puttin' em down...one after another...) Yup. Can't remember how many times I walked the Pali Hwy. back to K-Bay. That's a chore when you're sober! Definitely no fun after having one too many.
    Two Cpls. in the Drum Corps had cars; both convertibles. One was a Pontiac Bonneville purchased from M/Sgt. Farmer before he shipped to 2nd Div. and another kid had a blue Chevy Malibu. That one was good for pickin' up chicks.
    We used to 'carefully' scout out the females arriving at Honolulu airport. If we saw a small group of ladies and 'no parents' with them, then we'd move in for the kill. Those were the days.
    Usually, I just took the liberty bus. It was free. It would depart Ft. DeRussy at 0200 to head back over the mountain. If you missed it.....well, you remember the drill.

drumcorpssnare

Quote Originally Posted by konman1
    On my way home from work one night, I took a detour to the local establishment. I think I had a Jarhead shirt or somthing on and I had this obvioulsy over served nimrod explain to me how he was a member of the most elite fighting force in the world, Navy Recon. The funny thing is these homos come out of nowhere and talk to you like you really give a s**t.

That's the part that blows me away the most. They always seem to find me and start running their holes. Then I just ask some general questions to see if they have even served and to see if maybe we have something in common etc....and I can't tell you how many times I get "hey man, **** you, I don't have to tell you anything". I am sitting there going dumbass you came up to me, LOL.

This helps alot

People can tell I am a Marine so I get some pretty good stories once ina while. I had no idea how common it was to make such claims.
    In Fact we have a guy here in our little town who told me he was a SEAL.. He looks like the one you described in the tall boots, old ragged cammie pants, flanel shirts, etc....

I'll have to ask him for some of those details someday.

A good start is what BUD/S class number he was.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    stopped a guy a few years back for weaving (my probable cause to stop for DUI) walked up to the car and asked for his driver's licence and insurance card. he handed me his military (navy) id and said he was a SEAL with Team 6. statrted to ask him questions about where he went to school and he blew it right from the start. kept talking to him (trying to get the odor of alcohol on his breat) (got it) and told him i was placing him under arrest for DUI. he stated that Federal Law said i could not arrest him since he was a SEAL. my responce to him was when the rest of his team showed up to "break" him out of jail then i would beleive him, until that time shut the F%#k-up and get in my car. while he was in jail did research and found he had just graduated basic and was due back in two days. he didn't make it. court sentenced him to 30 days. i also added the charge of falsification to it and the local prosecutor ran with it.

Thread Information