How to spot a Phony SEAL - Page 16
Create Post
Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    It was all about Recon in 68..... There was a guy in I.T.R. wearing jump wings on his utilities that was so strangely convincing that no one would even confront him about it.

Squad Leader Free Member Wyoming's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Baron View Post
    It was all about Recon in 68..... There was a guy in I.T.R. wearing jump wings on his utilities that was so strangely convincing that no one would even confront him about it.
    He was IN ITR, fresh out of boot?

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!!

Yes. The guy was strange enough for me to remember him to this day, and I have forgotten a lot since then.

Credits
    Savings
    Yes. The guy was strange enough for me to remember him to this day, and I have forgotten a lot since then.
    Ok, he was IN ITR, and he wore jump wings?

Was he prior anything?

You must know, since you remember him to this day?

Say, could you provide a profile?

WTF am I missing here?

(((My apologizes for talking to a non-profiler. Doc will be on my ass.)))

I've been pondering this and am going to have to humble myself and admit that I am wrong. He was in my ITR training company though as well as over 200 others of which I may remember the name of very few.... The guy was like most everyone else 18 or19 and had no prior service... It was after Boot leave in 16 Area while I was in Comm School that I remember seeing the guy and his mother who was visiting him in the PX where I first saw him wearing it, and other times after that. I was a 2531 left from El Toro after Staging on 5 August 68 and was assigned to 3/9. I did my thing carrying a PRC-25 until we were redeployed in mid August 69 to Okinawa and was released from active duty from El Toro 12 September 69.... I am damned near sixty. I can't even remember how many women I've slept with or the name of a lot of them that were fabulous.

Credits
    Savings
    I've been pondering this and am going to have to humble myself and admit that I am wrong. He was in my ITR training company though as well as over 200 others of which I may remember the name of very few.... The guy was like most everyone else 18 or19 and had no prior service... It was after Boot leave in 16 Area while I was in Comm School that I remember seeing the guy and his mother who was visiting him in the PX where I first saw him wearing it, and other times after that. I was a 2531 left from El Toro after Staging on 5 August 68 and was assigned to 3/9. I did my thing carrying a PRC-25 until we were redeployed in mid August 69 to Okinawa and was released from active duty from El Toro 12 September 69.... I am damned near sixty. I can't even remember how many women I've slept with or the name of a lot of them that were fabulous.
    Cool, now do the profile bit.

Damm near 60, you gotta know how.

Quote Originally Posted by maverickmarine View Post
    Oh, I hear ya, I have been a Paramedic since I got out, first in Dallas and now here in Austin and I get the same freakin' crap on alot of calls. Most times I just dismiss the rantings but every once in a while I bust them on it. You've got the easy ones that are always Nam Vets and half of them aren't even old enough to have been there and then I had a guy once that is apparently a Marine but his unit was the 82nd Airborne, LOL.
    I spent a night, at a get together a few years ago listening to a guy tell us all about his exploits a a Marine Warrant Officer gunship pilot in Nam. I was there in 70-71 with 11th Motors, this bird was, at least 10 years younger than I am

* Ask him what SEAL stands for (bet he doesn't know).

It's really sad how true that statement really is.

So here's my story

My dad works in a steel mill up home and told me they got this guy running around the mill wearing combat goggles and a Camlebak to "stay hydrated". Guy says he was and Marine in OIF as an 03 and fought in Phantom Fury, but my dad thought he was BSin. I had my dad ask him what unit he was with cuz when I was in Fallujah I worked with RCT-6 and RCT-1. The stupid MF didn't know what the hell an RCT was and said he never served in Fallujah. What an F'in loser. This shyte p!$$es me off royally.

....LIKE I'VE SAID BEFORE...THROW HIM A SARDINE....ANS SEE IF HE BARKS!!!!.....DOC...

[
    ....."Doc Greek UP!!".....

Ask the suspect what is in Niland. There are several answers, but only a Seal or a Marine who has been sent to Chocolate Mountain should know the answers.

The only impostor i knew was a Drill Instructor in my company that posed as a recruit during the crucible to fvck with the recruits on firewatch.

"who are you?"-recruit

"im Recruit Smith stupid!"-Drill Instructor

It was pure comedy for me and my platoon had a good laugh.

Poser Busted at the Airport!

Notice he has no ribbons, a blood stripe as a LCpl, his trousers are entirely too long, his belt is jacked up, he's wearing UGGS boots instead of coreframs,

You can tell it's a Marine that busted him too...look at him getting the DI knife hand while he's talking to him...lol

Another one busted...

Well hey there 12 year SSgt. Nice ribbon rack. Where did you get your Army unit citatations from? LOL

No tie. No belt. You're busted!

The new check in uniform - Chalpha's

Thread Information