How to spot a Phony SEAL - Page 35
Create Post
Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738 LastLast
    Funny I had my best friend that was in with me down to hangout one time and while engaging in liquid operations this guy decided to spout off that he was not only a Marine, not only a Force Recon Marine but he apparently was in our platoon during the exact same time we were in...hmmmmm...I played it off as funny at first and let him hang himself cuz he had obviously done alot of research cuz if he hadn't picked exactly that, I would've believed him. In the end I told him to walk away while we are still smiling...lol

Why people can't just be who they really are baffles me.I see men wearing tee shirts and baseball claiming they were Seals or Recon Marines.I will ask them a couple of questions and right away I can catch a phony.We all couldn't be Seals.Recon,or snipers.Some had to be cooks,mechanics,tankers,or cannon cockers.
    I was a sea going Marine,and a flame thrower man in the 1st battlion 8th Marines.I never fired a shot,and I rate the Good Conduct Medal,Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal,and the National Defense Medal.
    I was proud to serve my country as a United States Marine.I wasn't a hero,and I don't have any war stories to tell.I served in a combat zone,and got shot at a couple of times,and one of them was friendly fire.

I Agree With You Dave. Iwas With 3/8from1985-1990 Which I Proudly Earned A Good Coduct Medal And My Fmf Ribbon And Acg Letter Of Commendation For Pre Deployment Dental Readiness. I Was A Gulf War Veteran Ididnt See Any Combat Action There Were A Few Scud Missles Thrown Our Way But The Patriots Took Care Of That. Anyway Iam A Proud Corpsman Who Was With The Worlds Finest And Served As Best As I Could To The Motto Semper Fi.
    So Semper Fi My Brother

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

as for identifying marks... a lot or recon marines get "the jack" on the inside of their bicep. does that make them unprofessional? or is it different because jacks tend to differ or its not an official symbol for recon?

My son has a guy that was a Ranger working with him. Real arrogant prick. Son (who was born at a Navy hospital, but never served), asked him did he know that the Marines have equals to the Army Rangers too. The guy says no they don't and my son tells him, yeah sure they do, Marines just out of boot camp! LOL...the guy goes crazy, while ole Joey just laughs at him.

classic

Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by sgthebert View Post
    My son has a guy that was a Ranger working with him. Real arrogant prick. Son (who was born at a Navy hospital, but never served), asked him did he know that the Marines have equals to the Army Rangers too. The guy says no they don't and my son tells him, yeah sure they do, Marines just out of boot camp! LOL...the guy goes crazy, while ole Joey just laughs at him.
    I think I like your son!

Hello LarryStar,Good For Your Son...Actually I met A Marine,That A Movie is supposed to be made about.He told me about a Group,He Was With in Nam that had complete Clearance (like a Ghost)And This Group Of Marines,had Letters and no-name such as Recon,and Advanced Recon...but had Alphabet letters,which he didn't tell me.Talk about Piano Wire and rigging Explosives.I only met him once.He looked like SGT.Rock.......Does this Group Exist?...I'm just telling you what I heard from his lips......He looked a little Beat up...I Believe Him......If any Military is Capable of doing this----Certainly The Marines Are......SEMPER FI ALWAYS. OOH RAH Green Machine.

'Doc, while I won't discount it out of hand, I will say that if I had a dollar for every 'shadoe warrior' I've run across, I'd be a rich man. I tend to take such stories with a LARGE grain of salt, as every single one of them thus far has turned out to be utter and complete horse puckey.

I weep for what this country is becoming, and fear for my children and grandchildren's future if any more democrats gain national office. We lose more and more freedoms every single day to creeping nannystatism and those who vote for Democrats only want to increase that. Anyone voting for a 'dem' is someone who likely wants to take everything YOU have worked for and mortgage your kids future as well.
    v/r
    The Malignant Leprechaun

The People that were at this DAV Meeting-were certainly impressed....Still waiting for this guys "MOVIE" to come out-The Commander Richie Castalano Marine-sure greeted him as a HERO and Friend.I can be gullible.....SGT Leprechaun.....I know what you mean-Thank You.I spoke to this Guy a little bit because I was sitting next to him.I get Impressed easy and want to give credit to All.AM I Naive?sometimes too much.....Part of my Liver Damage.......

Doc, not blaming or anything else my friend. These guys are typically VERY slick and have polished their stories for, sometimes years, and able to fool family, friends, government, etc.

Again, I'm not at all saying he's a liar or anything else...I just tend to discount the stories of super recon killers who have higher clearances than god himself and did secret missions behind the lines and killed by the score and got classified medals and can't really talk about this sort of thing because it's still classified etc etc (But somehow, it's not so classified that they can't tell YOU or everyone else).

Then again I'm just jaded or perhaps a professional doubter LOL

I weep for what this country is becoming, and fear for my children and grandchildren's future if any more democrats gain national office. We lose more and more freedoms every single day to creeping nannystatism and those who vote for Democrats only want to increase that. Anyone voting for a 'dem' is someone who likely wants to take everything YOU have worked for and mortgage your kids future as well.
    v/r
    The Malignant Leprechaun

I can understand,I just gave away my entire contents to my Hot Mail.....Have been deleting and forwarding most rapidly-Well-what I want you all to see is in there somewhere.....never could forward a link....hide my identity-no sweat .......Walk on Water.......Not Yet..........

Was that the other link you posted? It required a log in to get there.

v/r
    The Malignant Leprechaun

Seems to be Gone.....Thankyou Leatherneck Staff ......Bless You.

now I cant find it....This was about an Air Force Huey(Medivac Helicopter)This Guy passed away last week.Copy and Paste,Cut and Paste,Copy Link -doesn't work for me-I believe this Guy got a Bunch of Medals,as should DocGreek,now paying Medically for his Bravery and Dedication in Vietnam......DocGreek,I Salute you with Every thing I got.Maybe My Cousin Gary can get it here......Ten Days in the Brig for me......Sorry Marines.

Thread Information