How to spot a Phony SEAL - Page 29
Create Post
Page 29 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by marine1955 View Post
    Thats what I said to him but he said He couldn't cause it secret and can't tell anyone..
    One of them there super "double secret" types, who never really existed, huh? Amazing how many thousands of them there were, wonder how they kept them all secret?

I think they all trained at that secret facility at Caca del Toro!

Yeah, i agree Doc Tobin, it IS a bad idea to pick a fight with a SEAL. Four marines picked a fight with one who had coome up to train with us in the 1st MED BN. Yep, you guessed it. His SEAL buddy watched him kick their asses laughin th' whole time. Oh, he offered to help, but none was needed.

How to spot a phony seal.

Seldom in my extensive readings have a read and enjoyed such a comprehensive yet succinct summation of a particular military topic.

Meanwhile, my cover is off to all true and genuine SEALS. God bless them all.

Sgt. V.E. Wenneker
    USMC/1965-1969/3rd Tank Bn.
    Vietnam/27 months

Quote Originally Posted by VEWenneker View Post
    Seldom in my extensive readings have a read and enjoyed such a comprehensive yet succinct summation of a particular military topic.

Meanwhile, my cover is off to all true and genuine SEALS. God bless them all.

Sgt. V.E. Wenneker
    USMC/1965-1969/3rd Tank Bn.
    Vietnam/27 months
    ....................My Cover is off to you-27 months-in Da Nam------God Bless you -Big Time AW-Roger Out

I never met a Seal-except for the ones at the zoo.Semper FI-me Brothers

The Seals do have a very fine hand to hand-Combat Fighting Martial Arts System;I believe-better than the Israeli-Kava System.I saw this on some TV-Show-The Seals were better in Every Discipline-of Combat Fighting-close range -The seals were better shooters Also.There was this Martial Arts -Guy in Black Belt-named Jerry Paterson-that had his own system that he borrowed from Navy Seals-and in Three Days at his Dojo-you could beat any Black Belt........I wonder what happened to Jerry Paterson?....

I Worked With The Seals At Roosevelt Roads Pr.
    Met Delta Force In 1985.
    Impressive Huh .
    Sempere Fi My Brothers

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    My Wife dont know my name yet and ive told her a hundred times, about seals my brother inlaw was a seal beat the fuok out of his wife than wac himself, ............usmc

"As of this writing, there are more than 310,534,000 of us living in the United States, and we are defended by roughly 2.4 million of our fellow citizens now on active military duty. This means that all the fighting, sacrificing and dying is being done by considerably less than 1 percent of all Americans and their loved ones"
    ?So what's the % of those that are in infantry compared to the rest of the marine corps???
    thanks for answering malignant leprichaun

Much smaller. About 3-4 percent I'd guess.

if 3% of the marine corps is infantry then i wonder what it is of the whole american nation, like 0.001%???

I've had a few phonies try to put one over on me. There are some that are just funny, too. Shortly after I got out of the Corps, I saw a co-worker's car in the parking lot with a Marine Corps sticker on it, so I asked him about it.

He said he didn't like to talk about it as he had been wounded and was discharged. "Wounded" apparently means the same thing as "injured" to some people. I came to find out that he'd broken his leg or twisted his ankle in Boot Camp and was medically discharged. That was the extent of his service.

I don't know what it was he didn't like to talk about. I do have friends that don't like to talk about their military experiences, but they don't say they don't want to talk about it to build drama.

BROKE his laig, and got medically discharged?!! AWWwww
    My cousin went to Navy boot camp back in the 70's. Three weeks he decided he dinna like it. He was found UA on the other side of RTC.
    He got medically discharged, for get this, FLAT FEET
    I now wear a Marine cap, and this weekend he asked me where I got it. I told him at the VA.
    He asked me if I could get him one, a SEAL cap. I told him no because he wasn't a SEAL.
    He then made some remark, I don't think it was a smart remark, but he said something about me being affiliated with the Marines, that's why I could wear a MARINE cap. . .
    Well, yeah Roy, I worked with the Marines, I trained with the Marines, I wore the Marine Corps cammies for two years. I passed the Marine Corps pft with like a 273, class 1st.
    He then asked me if I could get him an OD camaflouged Navy cap like the Marine cammie one I usta wear with the sharp sides.
    Does anybody know what an OD camoflauged Navy cap is?
    Semper fi.
    HM3doc

I don't know what OD camouflage is. OD is plain green. Camouflage is with a pattern on it. Seems like they are a conflict in terms.

I remember we had a couple of guys go UA in Boot Camp within the first few days of being picked up by our DIs. These two guys got up in the middle of the night, got dressed, and left.

I saw them a few days later in the chow line. They were still in cammies, but they had their running shoes on with their trousers bloused. I don't know about today, but in those days, you didn't blouse your trousers until second phase.

Another Question What % Are Devil Docs?

Semper Fi

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

Thread Information