How to spot a Phony SEAL - Page 17
Create Post
Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    So who would win in a fight, A Navy Seal, a real seal or the Singer Seal?

Quote Originally Posted by usmcthetop View Post
    Any of you ever hear of a guy named Gugle? He was my 1stSgt back around the mid 80's on Okinawa. Used to pencil whip the alpha roster each month and give himself a new DOR and PEBD. We knew he was full of crap and actually frocked because on of the Sgt's in my plt has been the Regt CO's driver when Google arrived on island as a 1stSgt select and had driven over with the SgtMaj to pick him up at the airport so knew he was wearing Gy stripes at that time.

Anyway when he left us he checked into his next duty station he was busted for wearing unauthorized awards. He was reduced in rank to Gy and retired. His poser career though continued from there. He later claimed to have served in Desert Storm, be a retired SgtMaj and a member of the "walking Dead". Until he was busted as a poser.

Dude just thought he was smarter then everyone else (did speak about 5 languages)

sorry if this has already been posted since I didn't read the entire thread

http://www.1stbattalion9thmarinesfir...LarryGugle.htm
    Top, you feel like giving him a call, or visit?

http://www.zabasearch.com/maps/?snam...6293&int_var=3

Quote Originally Posted by psijac View Post
    So who would win in a fight, A Navy Seal, a real seal or the Singer Seal?

Well they each have their strong qualities....A Navy Seal of course has the power to kill and maim in a covert manner, a real seal can decieve using its cuteness and the singer Seal is just.....god awful....

Quote Originally Posted by mgkusmc View Post
    Well they each have their strong qualities....A Navy Seal of course has the power to kill and maim in a covert manner, a real seal can decieve using its cuteness and the singer Seal is just.....god awful....
    So you're saying Seal the singer is most devious, dastardly type of Seal?

GI Jane

When I was in the corps the seals were not much of a conversation piece. It was all about "MARINE FORCE RECON" and how great they were. I tend to be biased towards that fact as being probably the truth since I was a devil dog myself. They are all excellent groups though that I would never disgrace by being a "poser" and trying to claim I was ever a member of. I dont know how people sleep lying about their service. They should all be proud of what they do or have done. Being a frogman would be a great honor but so are other positions. They all have to work together to be successful.

I've said it before, when it comes to squid, I like salmon or catfish.
    Semper Fi,
    Eric

It was all about Recon in 68..... There was a guy in I.T.R. wearing jump wings on his utilities that was so strangely convincing that no one would even confront him about it.

Squad Leader Free Member Wyoming's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Baron View Post
    It was all about Recon in 68..... There was a guy in I.T.R. wearing jump wings on his utilities that was so strangely convincing that no one would even confront him about it.
    He was IN ITR, fresh out of boot?

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!!

Yes. The guy was strange enough for me to remember him to this day, and I have forgotten a lot since then.

Credits
    Savings
    Yes. The guy was strange enough for me to remember him to this day, and I have forgotten a lot since then.
    Ok, he was IN ITR, and he wore jump wings?

Was he prior anything?

You must know, since you remember him to this day?

Say, could you provide a profile?

WTF am I missing here?

(((My apologizes for talking to a non-profiler. Doc will be on my ass.)))

I've been pondering this and am going to have to humble myself and admit that I am wrong. He was in my ITR training company though as well as over 200 others of which I may remember the name of very few.... The guy was like most everyone else 18 or19 and had no prior service... It was after Boot leave in 16 Area while I was in Comm School that I remember seeing the guy and his mother who was visiting him in the PX where I first saw him wearing it, and other times after that. I was a 2531 left from El Toro after Staging on 5 August 68 and was assigned to 3/9. I did my thing carrying a PRC-25 until we were redeployed in mid August 69 to Okinawa and was released from active duty from El Toro 12 September 69.... I am damned near sixty. I can't even remember how many women I've slept with or the name of a lot of them that were fabulous.

Credits
    Savings
    I've been pondering this and am going to have to humble myself and admit that I am wrong. He was in my ITR training company though as well as over 200 others of which I may remember the name of very few.... The guy was like most everyone else 18 or19 and had no prior service... It was after Boot leave in 16 Area while I was in Comm School that I remember seeing the guy and his mother who was visiting him in the PX where I first saw him wearing it, and other times after that. I was a 2531 left from El Toro after Staging on 5 August 68 and was assigned to 3/9. I did my thing carrying a PRC-25 until we were redeployed in mid August 69 to Okinawa and was released from active duty from El Toro 12 September 69.... I am damned near sixty. I can't even remember how many women I've slept with or the name of a lot of them that were fabulous.
    Cool, now do the profile bit.

Damm near 60, you gotta know how.

Quote Originally Posted by maverickmarine View Post
    Oh, I hear ya, I have been a Paramedic since I got out, first in Dallas and now here in Austin and I get the same freakin' crap on alot of calls. Most times I just dismiss the rantings but every once in a while I bust them on it. You've got the easy ones that are always Nam Vets and half of them aren't even old enough to have been there and then I had a guy once that is apparently a Marine but his unit was the 82nd Airborne, LOL.
    I spent a night, at a get together a few years ago listening to a guy tell us all about his exploits a a Marine Warrant Officer gunship pilot in Nam. I was there in 70-71 with 11th Motors, this bird was, at least 10 years younger than I am

* Ask him what SEAL stands for (bet he doesn't know).

It's really sad how true that statement really is.

Marine Friend Free Member reload0024's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Ha, I went to the bookstore to buy One Bullet Away, and I couldn't find it. So I went to this pretty good lookin girl that worked there and asked her if they had any in the back. Now I am a pretty big guy, and have the appearance of being decently built, although when the shirt comes off the truth comes out haha. I also exude confidence in myself. I gave her the sheet of paper with the information on it, and there were also "you may also like" books listed on it. She goes oh, generation kill. Are you a Marine?

I thought in my head like oh ****ing awesome haha. But I just laughed and said no, and then she went on to talk about her friend.
    Apparently I stand like one, what ever that means.

Anyway, also when I talk to my buddy about his time in the Corps, I gotta ask specific questions to get any sort of answer, hes never said a damn word about it unless asked. So the whole, the true guys don't go around talking about it must be true.

Thread Information