How to spot a Phony SEAL - Page 14
Create Post
Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 0231Marine View Post
    Amazing...I vote for Tovarish to be banned. The kid straight up lied to us.
    Already took care of that...

Ellie

IN LOVING MEMORY OF MY LATE HUSBAND, SSgt Roger A. Alfano, USMC
    ONE PROUD MARINE
    1961-1977
    Vietnam 1968/69
    Once a Marine...Always a Marine

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1204617174

High Five!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I always miss the good stuff,,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Ramsey View Post

I must say without a doubt this was the EASIEST POSER (fake SEAL) to spot.

To be honest with all of you, the guys that I've known in my life from all branches of service who were "in the ****" never talk about it. Phonies are easy to spot because they never shut up. But when you take it to the extreme of never having served at all, that's when I say "make 'em pay and send them away". I never fired a shot in anger, nor was I ever deployed. That doesn't make me a lesser Marine.

Quote Originally Posted by MLMonk View Post
    I'm his friend? I just answered a few questions he asked and none were about ASVAB and stuff lol.
    Ok good to go.

Credits
    Savings
    I can go with that but the solution to phonies seems to me to be a simpler if uncle sugar and the various vet organizations really wanted to do something about it:

I just got my wallet out, in it I've got a plastic card, on it are the logo and words Department of Veterans Affairs, a bar code, a picture of the Flag and me below my shot it says service connected and my name. If they really want to stop the posers why not issue a card that says where and when you,ve been, what operations you participated in and what you got. It would be as simple as "heres mine, where's yours" if you don't have one shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by HST View Post
    I can go with that but the solution to phonies seems to me to be a simpler if uncle sugar and the various vet organizations really wanted to do something about it:

I just got my wallet out, in it I've got a plastic card, on it are the logo and words Department of Veterans Affairs, a bar code, a picture of the Flag and me below my shot it says service connected and my name. If they really want to stop the posers why not issue a card that says where and when you,ve been, what operations you participated in and what you got. It would be as simple as "heres mine, where's yours" if you don't have one shut up.
    It would be nice if it were that easy. They would counterfeit that card in a heartbeat. Ill tell you how bad it is, one of the SEAL Authenticators who when he was doing this FULL time.. before there were some litigation issues with guys who were posers actually SUING REAL SEALS for Busting them. No kidding. One situation was a very highly placed security individual at a large corporation busted by the SEAL Authenticators - they were threatened by the corporation even though the Navy backed up the Authenticators. I'm not at liberty to say which corporation but its a biggie.

The posers run the gamut from the guy who stands in front of the mirror to the guy scamming the VA to the ones who are knocking down 6 and possibly 7 figure salary's because of their deceit. Not just SEAL Posers but all Military Posers cause untold damage both monetarily and every way imaginable. Steve Robinson (SEAL) is a good man, a Patriot and a friend of mine. You can google him and check out the information he has about Navy SEAL Imposter's. It's pretty much the same for any impostor though.

The only way to truly bust the posers is eternal vigilance. As Military professionals we give great respect to those men that we know have earned it. But when our BS Flags start to hit the ground we need to ask the hard questions...because it takes all of us policing the squad bay to keep it clean... if you know what I mean. The more knowledgeable all of us are the better we are able to detect Truth & to detect Lies.

I have a question.

I work with a guy who wears a Navy Diver badge, and an EOD Badge. He says that he was a medic in the Navy. I asked him if he was with the FMF and he said, "not exactly."

His claim is that he did "spec. ops." with the UDT/SEALS/Recon during Vietnam. He says that he can honestly say he never set foot in South Vietnam.

His claim is that his team was flown from Gitmo to North Vietnam for missions and then flown back to Gitmo for debriefing.

I don't believe him but I want to know for sure before I say something and put my foot in my mouth.

Is there any remote possibility this could be true?

Semper Fi,

JimO

Squad Leader Free Member Wyoming's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Oliver View Post
    I have a question.

I work with a guy who wears a Navy Diver badge, and an EOD Badge. He says that he was a medic in the Navy. I asked him if he was with the FMF and he said, "not exactly."

His claim is that he did "spec. ops." with the UDT/SEALS/Recon during Vietnam. He says that he can honestly say he never set foot in South Vietnam.

His claim is that his team was flown from Gitmo to North Vietnam for missions and then flown back to Gitmo for debriefing.

I don't believe him but I want to know for sure before I say something and put my foot in my mouth.

Is there any remote possibility this could be true?

Semper Fi,

JimO
    Jim, my BS flag just flew to the moon. Methinks you got yourself a poser. Trust me, help abounds. These guys, no more than you or I, hate posers. Just wait until the Doc's get wind of this one.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!!

JIM....He's as full of sh!t, as a Christmas goose!!! I'll bet my MOH on it!!!......DOC

[
    ....."Doc Greek UP!!".....

Why do people all ways say they ran with SF or some stuff back in Vietnam...I think people would be believe you more if you claimed you were a B-52 Pilot back then and awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross or something higher like that during a mission over Hanoi.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You'd figure the Bastard would be Smart enough 2 wear his Medics Badge,thats the 1,2Be most proud of. Just my 2Pennies worth!!!

Thanks guys. I thought as much.

Should I bust him? The other night he started telling me some story about how his team went into a village and killed everybody. He said when they were finished not even a bug survived.

I hate hearing about that stuff.

Plus, if it really happened, who would want to talk about it? I have a cousin who is a good man and two timer in Vietnam with the Brown Water Navy. He NEVER talks about that stuff. Also, I've kind of found real combat vets don't talk about it...especially to people they don't really know.

Am I right in this thinking?

Squad Leader Free Member Wyoming's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    You are correct on all counts.

Now, do you bust him?

Sure, BUT, you gotta do it properly. Remember, you work with him, and you may have some liability issues to deal with.

Get your facts, questions, etc., etc., along with backup from some REAL SEALs, question him and keep your cool.

I bet Doc Greek could head you in the right direction. A couple of for sure real SEALs would love to be in the bar and overhear your questions and his answers.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!!

Thread Information