Discharge Certificate
Create Post

Discharge Certificate

NEED HELP
    SEMPER FI

I was HONORABLY DISCHARGED and transferred to the 1st Civ. Div. back in March of 1997. I served for 5 years. Up till now I have yet to receive my Discharge Certificate and it is now 2007. I would like to have it to display proudly that i am a former MARINE since i now work for the US Goverment as a Federal AGENT.

Does anyone know a # or website i can go to to request my certificate. I would really appreciate any assistance.

SEMPER FI

Credits
    Savings
    Images

devilman,

I don't normally answer people that say they are Marines without knowing who they are for sure. If you look on the start page of this site you will see a link for DD-214. How about filling in your profile and show us how proud you are to be a Marine.

Welcome to Leatherneck

GySgt E B Reagle,

In regards to the question, how do we go about obtaining a certificate? I know in the past they use to be awarded when a Marine would re-up, but did they actually stop issuing them when you left active duty? Because I would also like to obtain one, not only for myself, but for my father as well.

R/S
    Jason

DM============Are you talking about the "DD 256 MC"?

Here is some info on what you asked

http://members.aol.com/warlibrary/policy.htm

DoD DD-214 Policy
    Department of Defense
    INSTRUCTION
    NUMBER 1336.1
    January 6, 1989

INDEX:

DoD Policy
    SPN Codes on file
    SPD Codes on file
    RE Codes on file
    What is the definition of my code
    Obtaining/Preserving your DD-214
    How to order military records
    Publisher's info and other important resources

Quote Originally Posted by ggyoung
    DM============Are you talking about the "DD 256 MC"?
    I believe so. I came across one today in another's office. It did have DD-256MC on the certificate.

Palmer, the link is dead... at least from here. Will try again tomorrow at work.

I finally got my DD256 MC. It wasn't that hard to get, actually. You just need to know who to contact. www.archives.gov/st-louis/military-personnel this is the link for the National Personnel Records Center, St Louis.

I called emailed and registered. They where helpful but it takes patience. In typical military style there is alot of hurry up and wait.

All I provided was SSN, Dates of service and ful name. I was issued a claim # and within about 6 weeks I got my dd 256 MC in the mail it was not to difficult.

After waiting so long I was actually surprised when i received it in the mail

Hope this helps.

This Is The Correct Answer. Absolutely.

I searched for this answer for years and I am finally proud to share this with you:

MMS handles sending you out a free replacement dd form 256 Discharge Certificate. Their phone number is 1-800-268-3710 option number 3. You can call them to verify and then you will need to fax them a written request for it to (703) 784-5792. Include your Name, DOB, SS#, Sign the form and include your mailing address where you want to have it sent to. It is as easy as that! Congrats from Sgt. Campbell. Uh-Rah!

dd214

Why Doesn't my dd-214 show me as a Vietnam Veteran when I get all benefits from the VA.

If you entered the Marines in 1974 you are not a Vietnam Veteran. You area Vietnam era veteran. A lot of difference.

Vietnam era

OK agreed but still does not list it why

Thread Information