Mother fights for son who said no to war - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    As Marines, it is not our job to think of the "moral" implications of fighting in the conflicts or wars, it is simply our job to win them. If he doesnt believe in the "morality" or "legality" of the war, maybe he should have stayed in college instead of joining the military. As far as what the "2/3" believes, they never saw the brutal oppression of Saddam Hussein, and just do not understand. They eat what the media feeds them. WMD's or not, hussein needed to go. The WMD's were there.... maybe not now, but they were. This Lt needs to be thrown the f**k out with a dishonorable. Any Officer that would allow his men to be deployed without him, is a coward and deserves a dishonorable.

Quote Originally Posted by USMCVet1992
    As Marines, it is not our job to think of the "moral" implications of fighting in the conflicts or wars, it is simply our job to win them. If he doesnt believe in the "morality" or "legality" of the war, maybe he should have stayed in college instead of joining the military. As far as what the "2/3" believes, they never saw the brutal oppression of Saddam Hussein, and just do not understand. They eat what the media feeds them. WMD's or not, hussein needed to go. The WMD's were there.... maybe not now, but they were. This Lt needs to be thrown the f**k out with a dishonorable. Any Officer that would allow his men to be deployed without him, is a coward and deserves a dishonorable.
    I disagree. We CAN AND SHOULD think about the morality of not only the conflict but also the orders we are given. I'm not saying "question every order you're given" but I am saying - follow your conscience.

Otherwise incidents like My Lai and Abu Ghraib will occur.

This Army Lieutenant had a moral dilemma but he is taking the wrong route about it.

As a commanding officer of his platoon, he has a responsibility to the men he leads. He should have deployed to Iraq with his men and lead his men in a fashion that would not come in conflict with his conscience, such as doing his best to help out the civilians, protecting the civilians from insurgent attacks and administering medical aid.

As a platoon commander in Iraq within a Stryker Brigade, I'm sure he would be put in a situation during his tour to be able to save not only the lives of his fellow American soldiers but especially the lives of Iraqi innocents and improving the lives of the locals. That would have been the honorable ways about it.

Instead he wants to sit as home, protest the war and face court martial which just might ruin his career even beyond military service.

That is why I disagree with this man, but he is being villified beyond what he deserves.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Israel had a whole group of military dissenter in the ranks of the IDF. They were glad to serve in Lebanon and even willing to go kick ass in Syria if need be. But they refused deployment into Gaza or the West Bank citing morality.

The Israeli high courts ruled that the dissenters could not pick and choose.

I don't think our UCMJ will treat Lt Entada any different.

"Pick and choose". Hummm, kind'a sounds like a good idea.

Siberia or caribbean Marine? I'll hit the beach Sir!

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Can you imagine Chesty Puller saying, "I'll go fight in Haiti again but not Korea!"

Korea was the only war in town at that time. We have two now (and of course many more) so I liked the goofy idea of a choice.

Shesss---it was just a joke Wing!

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by greensideout
    Korea was the only war in town at that time. We have two now (and of course many more) so I liked the goofy idea of a choice.

Shesss---it was just a joke Wing!
    I know Bro, I should have added a goofy .

The whole idea struck me as funny. Kind of like trying to imagine saying to the Inspector General, "Hey buddy, how's it going?"

Quote Originally Posted by yellowwing
    Israel had a whole group of military dissenter in the ranks of the IDF. They were glad to serve in Lebanon and even willing to go kick ass in Syria if need be. But they refused deployment into Gaza or the West Bank citing morality.

The Israeli high courts ruled that the dissenters could not pick and choose.

I don't think our UCMJ will treat Lt Entada any different.

I can see where they're coming from too (the dissenters)

She sat down with staffers in the offices of Sens. Patty Murray, D-Wash., and Daniel Akaka, D-Hawaii, and aides from the offices of Reps. Lynn Woolsey, D-Calif., John Conyers, D-Mich., and Waters.

The mom met with only Democrats - I wonder why that is. Maybe because they and the Commie Dems may have planned this prior to his refusing a "LEGAL" order to cause more dissent among the uninformed public.

OH give me a fu*king break! Since when do you get to pick and choose where when and who you will fight. You signed the mother****ing contract. Dont you think maybe just maybe as he was signing it would have ocurred to this ******* that he may have to spend some time in Iraq. Give me a break. Sunman you keep trying to convince everyone about what stellar Marine you are and how the Marine Corps is so lucky to have you around. Devildog Im here to tell you , that none of the sh*t you have done means or will mean a fu*king thing when you are in country. If your Marines do not trust you and they cannont depend on you , you are worthless. I personally from how you talk on theese forums would always second guess you, I would never expect anything out of you oher than the bare minimum of a basically trained Marine. I will say it again, I believe you lack the discipline to pull the trigger in a situation where the very lives of the Marines around you depend on it. No Marine who have actually served in a forward line company gives a sh*t about your high PFT, your moral convicitions, your political points of view, your assesment on the war in Iraq, what your exit strategy is, or how you think the poor fu*king muslims are being mistreated. Your purpose in life should be to learn as much knowledge about your enemy and begin to prepare for the crucible of combat. Then is not the time to start quizzing yourself on validity of the fight your in , or trying to get the Marines around you to 100% fully and without question your abilities as a Marine and as a leader.

Credits
    Savings
    outlaw, I couldn't agree with you more. SunMan, I've read your posts and bit my tongue on more than one occasion, but now I have to ask, what f***ing oath did you sign? The topic here is about a man, and I use that term loosely, avoiding an oath that he voluntarily took, and now wants to ingnore? The oath I took said that I would honor and obey all legal orders from the Commander In Chief, our President. This worm has obviously taken his own worthless interests over his sworn oath, and asked his mommy to fight for him. I have no respect for him, and personally not a whole lot of respect for you trying to defend his actions. I appreciate a differing view on subject matter, but to me this is not the thinking of the Marine Corps that I know and love.

And by the way, Mom and Wife, thank you for all that you have sacrificed to ensure our freedom with your gifts to the Corps. God Bless both of you.

Quote Originally Posted by muck
    She sat down with staffers in the offices of Sens. Patty Murray, D-Wash., and Daniel Akaka, D-Hawaii, and aides from the offices of Reps. Lynn Woolsey, D-Calif., John Conyers, D-Mich., and Waters.

The mom met with only Democrats - I wonder why that is. Maybe because they and the Commie Dems may have planned this prior to his refusing a "LEGAL" order to cause more dissent among the uninformed public.

he will be punished. No Congressman can save him.

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw3179
    OH give me a fu*king break! Since when do you get to pick and choose where when and who you will fight. You signed the mother****ing contract. Dont you think maybe just maybe as he was signing it would have ocurred to this ******* that he may have to spend some time in Iraq. Give me a break. Sunman you keep trying to convince everyone about what stellar Marine you are and how the Marine Corps is so lucky to have you around. Devildog Im here to tell you , that none of the sh*t you have done means or will mean a fu*king thing when you are in country. If your Marines do not trust you and they cannont depend on you , you are worthless. I personally from how you talk on theese forums would always second guess you, I would never expect anything out of you oher than the bare minimum of a basically trained Marine. I will say it again, I believe you lack the discipline to pull the trigger in a situation where the very lives of the Marines around you depend on it. No Marine who have actually served in a forward line company gives a sh*t about your high PFT, your moral convicitions, your political points of view, your assesment on the war in Iraq, what your exit strategy is, or how you think the poor fu*king muslims are being mistreated. Your purpose in life should be to learn as much knowledge about your enemy and begin to prepare for the crucible of combat. Then is not the time to start quizzing yourself on validity of the fight your in , or trying to get the Marines around you to 100% fully and without question your abilities as a Marine and as a leader.

1. I'm not trying to convince ANY of you of my capabilities. I only wanted to outline that my political views have nothing to do with my competence. All I need to know is that I'm fully confident that I am capable once my name is called.

I make plays.

2. I thought we were talking about Lieutenant Watada? Why is the focus point shifting on me now?

3. This Lieutenant is going to jail for refusing deployment. What more do you want? He will receive his due punishment. The only thing I was trying to say is that just MAYBE not everyone who refuses to go to Iraq is doing so out of cowardice. I do believe the sincerity of his beliefs, but he is taking the wrong way about it in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by rb1651
    outlaw, I couldn't agree with you more. SunMan, I've read your posts and bit my tongue on more than one occasion, but now I have to ask, what f***ing oath did you sign? The topic here is about a man, and I use that term loosely, avoiding an oath that he voluntarily took, and now wants to ingnore? The oath I took said that I would honor and obey all legal orders from the Commander In Chief, our President. This worm has obviously taken his own worthless interests over his sworn oath, and asked his mommy to fight for him. I have no respect for him, and personally not a whole lot of respect for you trying to defend his actions. I appreciate a differing view on subject matter, but to me this is not the thinking of the Marine Corps that I know and love.

And by the way, Mom and Wife, thank you for all that you have sacrificed to ensure our freedom with your gifts to the Corps. God Bless both of you.

I never once said he should be pardoned or anything of the sort. But I like to put myself in other peoples shoes instead of just being hard headed and casting quick judgment. Thats all.

I agree that we should obey all lawful orders. This man obviously didn't and he will be punished.

All my responses in this thread are based on articles I've read about this guy and by me imagining - "how would I feel if I was Lieutenant Watada"

Its really not being conservative or liberal, its more of me wanting to see both sides of the argument, thats all

Again, as I said and will say again, Lieutenant Watada defied a direct order and should serve jail time then be discharged from the US Army. I never once said he should be pardoned or acquitted.

But I did want to see things from his point of view.

Is that not reasonable??

Thread Information