Mother fights for son who said no to war - Page 12
Create Post
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    The ******* needs a bunk party (you know the soap in a sock BEATING). It just might change his outlook on life and some decisions he has made recently!!!!! HA HA HA

SEMPER FI,

deserter

what id it with all these humps?they love all the perks and goodies.but when it comes time to pay for them,they want out.what did they think they were signing up for?a picnic?sunday school?they shot some poor slob in ww2[pvt.slovik],who was retarded anddidnt know which way was up.why should this s***mbag get away with it?give him a fair trial and then soot him. :

Give him a fair trial and then hang him, hang him high for all to see.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Angry Mommy To The Rescue

Me, personally, with a dog in this fight (sorta), his momma (actually his stepmother) should be popping him on the back of the head for breaking a promise, which is exactly what he's doing. He plays the Japanese-ethnic angle for all it's worth (forgetting that he's NOT a Japanese American - he's half Japanese American and half Chinese American.)

Half white and half Japanese myself, I am rather ashamed that we share some ethnic ancestry. Eeeek. In any case, I'm not aware that there is something inherently Japanese American or Democrat-y about opposing the war - something he appears to imply. If that's the case, maybe he should go to the veterans of the 442nd and tell them that THEY, as Japanese Americans, were wrong, weak, or blind to fight the war for their native country - AMERICA.

As an NCO, a Sergeant of Marines, and a patriot, I would run away to Canada (sorry, Yellowknife - no offense! ) just because I would have to follow this so-called "ossifur". I guess I can sell back my ticket to Saskatoon now that he's refused to go at all.

He left his soldiers in the dirt, simple as that. How's THAT for "ductus exemplo"? How could I follow a coward who runs away with his tail between his legs? He leads by being an example of a coward, a Monday-morning quarterback, a moral equivocator, and a buddy-f***er, and nothing more. He backed out on his promise to America, to the U.S. Army, to his Commander-in-Chief, to his peers, to his Soldiers - his promise to uphold and defend the Constitution when his country needed him the most and did so by thinking he was holier-than-thou and could determine the circumstances under which he would exercise his PRIVILEGE to serve as a commissioned officer in the United States Army at the date, time, and PLACE of his choosing.

Lt Watada has LOST his mind! Where in his service contract does it contain an opt-out clause? (a "notwithstanding clause" to Yellowknife - the Canada Act and CORF are very interesting.) And where has his refusal to deploy become a freedom of speech issue? His vocal disapproval of the war under the UCMJ is NOT covered - he forgot to read that part of the Constitution that covers this apparent fuzzy zone AND that allows Congress to create laws involving the creation and maintenance of the Armed Forces...SO...this means "YOU CANNOT DISRESPECT THE COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF", "YOU CANNOT REFUSE DEPLOYMENT" ('cuz USMC - you signed my contract, ya ijjit)...AND...since a military force depends on cohesion and discipline to accomplish an almost-always dangerous mission, which protecting the United States usually is, the Constitution allows Congress - not the President - to create laws to maintain a fighting force by outlining what behavior is acceptable and that which is not - hence, ALL military personnel - ossifurs included - are NOT FREE to publicly voice their personal opinions if they are at odds with or will endanger the mission of the Armed Forces and standing policy. Lt Watada encourages not freedom of speech or conscience (which is admittedly CURTAILED, not SQUASHED, for military personnel); rather, he encourages desertion, dissension, treason, and unit cohesion. This DIRECTLY threatens the very soldiers he claims to be protecting and serving: refusing to serve alongside them. His refusal to serve is the equivalent of shouting "FIRE!" in a crowded movie theater. Doing so in the middle of a line company full of new 18-year old Soldiers and Marines CAN and WILL make them stampede out the hatch, and even if it doesn't, it will rattle them enough that they may choke when the heat of battle is on and potentially cause others to go dead. Great going, Watada.

He deserves conviction by all courts martial for every single charge, and deserves the maximum sentencing. He is not committing civil disobedience (ranking him up with MLK and Gandhi would be a joke) - he is sentencing his soldiers to their deaths by raising his nose to the Commander-in-Chief. He says he loves America, that he is a patriot - because he is protecting his soldiers by refusing to participate in an unjust war. He is NOT in a position to question or dictate foreign policy or how forces are deployed. He would NOT be protecting me by refusing to (literally)fight by my side. I could not count on him to watch my six because he would be busy running to opporsite direction, or, will be too busy getting up on his high-moral soapbox telling me how much wiser and better he is than I am by refusing to fight.

Watada seems to have forgotten this part when he all of sudden started playing Thoreau. Civil disobedience/freedom of speech/refusing to follow illegal orders, my left n**. If he wants to be a martyr of those who are cowed with fear of defending the very country that allows them to dwell in the land of milk and honey and to live with freedom and without fear, let him. His own service contract will remind him of the broken promises and the dead soldiers he will be leaving behind.

This is an open and shut case. The use-of-force was authorized by Congress and has been continually funded by the same. The Commander-in-chief deployed the troops and continues to direct the operations in Iraq. There is no illegallity to the war in Iraq that much is clear. The fact that Lt. Watada(Not very deserving of the title Lt.) doesn't agree with it is completely irrelevant, and his research skills are pathetic otherwise he'd have noticed that Congress approved and the CiC ordered the mission. Unless inordinate political pressure is applied, he is going to prison.

Quote Originally Posted by fmoyer
    Give him a fair trial and then hang him, hang him high for all to see.
    Hanging is too good for him, just think of how much of an insult it would be to all the decent people who have been hung in the past.

The most appropriate penalty for him would be to draw and quarter him.

Like I've said before about others of his ilk, (no offense to ilks anywhere...) he should be beaten with cinderblocks until my arms are tired. Then someone else can take over.

Some Food for Thought::
    1. The military service IS NOT the NFL. You can not enter into a binding contract (Enlistment / acceptance of a commission) then "re-negotiate" the terms of the contract ( I will serve here...but not serve there...fight in ___ but not in ___).
    2. Military personnel do not have the liberty to "Pick their Fight"... our elected officials make the decision of When, Where, and Who the US military will fight, and unfortunately, define specific "Rules of Engagement" to limit HOW HARD we are allowed to fight.
    3. A Soldier, Sailor, Airman or Marine "GOES WHERE HE IS TOLD TO GO, AND FIGHTS WHOM HE IS TOLD TO FIGHT" end of story! Anyone that thinks that they can "opt out" because they don't like the particular war at the time, or because "I only joined for the education benefits, not to fight anyone" or for any other a$$inine reason "my mother's uncle's brother was a ____, so I don't want to fight against ____s." deserves a long tour of duty as an inmate at Leavenworth so that they can become acquainted with the Realaties of the world and how things work, 'cause their momma must have raised them to think that they could always have things their way. Sorry, it ain't so Joe, the world, and expecially US Military service IS NOT BURGER KING! You can't have it your way a$$hole, you don't even get to place your order! Take what you get, drive on, and have a nice big cup of STFU.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by oldtop
    Some Food for Thought::
    1. The military service IS NOT the NFL. You can not enter into a binding contract (Enlistment / acceptance of a commission) then "re-negotiate" the terms of the contract ( I will serve here...but not serve there...fight in ___ but not in ___).
    2. Military personnel do not have the liberty to "Pick their Fight"... our elected officials make the decision of When, Where, and Who the US military will fight, and unfortunately, define specific "Rules of Engagement" to limit HOW HARD we are allowed to fight.
    3. A Soldier, Sailor, Airman or Marine "GOES WHERE HE IS TOLD TO GO, AND FIGHTS WHOM HE IS TOLD TO FIGHT" end of story! Anyone that thinks that they can "opt out" because they don't like the particular war at the time, or because "I only joined for the education benefits, not to fight anyone" or for any other a$$inine reason "my mother's uncle's brother was a ____, so I don't want to fight against ____s." deserves a long tour of duty as an inmate at Leavenworth so that they can become acquainted with the Realaties of the world and how things work, 'cause their momma must have raised them to think that they could always have things their way. Sorry, it ain't so Joe, the world, and expecially US Military service IS NOT BURGER KING! You can't have it your way a$$hole, you don't even get to place your order! Take what you get, drive on, and have a nice big cup of STFU.
    You remind them Top sometimes people forget what they sign, even if he is an officer and a-------well you know! An *******!

Thread Information