Airman scolded on talk show for posing nude
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Airman scolded on talk show for posing nude

Airman scolded on talk show for posing nude

By Erik Holmes - Staff writer
    Posted : Tuesday Mar 6, 2007 7:02:06 EST

Senior Airman Michelle Manhart, the former Air Force training instructor who gained notoriety for appearing nude in the February issue of Playboy magazine, got another taste of the national spotlight Monday.

Odds are she won’t be asking for seconds.

In a brief appearance on “The Montel Williams Show,” the host — and retired U.S. Navy officer of 22 years — criticized Manhart’s decision to appear in the magazine and said he thinks she deserves to be separated from the service.

“If I go back into my 22-year military [mind-set] as an … O-4 in the Navy,” Williams said, “had you been employed by me, I would have been one of the people to help process you out of the military. … As an officer, … I don’t want you to step in before a formation of 350 young troops that I know just saw you in the PX with your clothes off.”

Manhart, who was demoted from the rank of staff sergeant and tossed from active duty after the pictorial hit newsstands, told Williams that she still believes she did the right thing.

“At no time did I ever feel that anything I did was wrong or would get me in trouble,” she said. “I never thought there was going to be a big issue when the military saw this.”

Williams had a hard time swallowing that line of reasoning, saying this is not the first time a woman has been reprimanded for appearing nude in a magazine. “A precedent has been set for this,” he said. “There have been women before you who have appeared in Playboy, Penthouse, in other branches of the service, all of whom have been removed from active duty.”

Manhart, as in past comments, defended her right to appear in the magazine as a free-speech issue. Service members who fight for their country and the rights it provides others should be allowed to exercise those same rights, she argued.

She also said there is a double standard in the military — and that male troops who have appeared nude in magazines such as Playgirl have not been removed from active duty or kicked out of the service.

“I understand that some people have a problem with it, and I respect that,” she said. “What I think [people] truly need to understand is the differences” for men and women.

Manhart’s commander at Lackland Air Force Base, Texas, informed her Feb. 9 that she was being demoted to senior airman, removed from “extended active duty,” returned to the Iowa Air National Guard and given a letter of reprimand.

She has applied for an honorable discharge from the Guard, she said, and the application is pending.

Manhart told The Associated Press that the military’s action against her hinged on the fact that she was pictured in Playboy wearing her Air Force uniform.

She was photographed in uniform yelling and holding weapons under the headline “Tough Love.” The following pages showed her partially clothed wearing dog tags and fully nude. After the pictorial hit newsstands in January, Manhart was relieved of her duties pending an investigation.

Is it a big deal?

Ellie

Perhaps Mr. Williams has a personal problem with seeing a females naked body? I'll bet he saw Broke Back Mountain more than once !!!!!!!

Yeah, I think it's unsat of her to that while still in the military. How can she expect to have the respect for her authority of anyone under her or the trust in her ability to lead from those above her. However, since her unit won't respect her she welcome to join mine, LOL.

Damn, I though Montel was a mmmmaaaaannnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dare not use the FAGGOT word or I will have to go to REHAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    wHAT THE **** EVER HAPPENED TO FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Comeon you hollywood leftists, come back into the REAL WORLD!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    to have the respect for her authority of anyone under her or the trust in her ability to lead from those above her[quote]

Her on top or not; don't care; I'd respect her (in the morning)

LMAO! I knew that was coming as soon as I hit "post". I almost said it right after that. LOL

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Just TOO easy not to go for!

Credits
    Savings
    I have to wonder with that kind of character how many men in her unit didn't need the playboy mag to have a clear picture of what she looks like naked..

You just can't do that sort of thing in a US military uniform... she might have gotten away with that in the ARMY.. it seems their standards are low these days... Nice to see the Air Force Standing up for some kind of standard...

Playboy is has always leaned to the left.. No sense in the US military joining the ranks of such half ass liberals.. stick with the hard stuff

Ole Sarg<
    You got it buddy, what the hell is Montels problem????????????

22 years is too long to be on board a ship !!!!!!!!!

Tell ya what...saw the pictures...my unit definitely respects her, and has requested to serve under her immediately or sooner if possible...lol

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by YLDNDN6
    Tell ya what...saw the pictures...my unit definitely respects her, and has requested to serve under her immediately or sooner if possible...lol
    Your request has been denied. Reason: Unit deemed insufficient for mission goals. Larger, more experienced unit required.

What do you think if she was a Marine? Doyou think the CMC would have done in this case? I think the CMC would have gone nuts over this. He would have been mad as hell. She would have been busted down to E-nothing. Shiped to greenland to count knifes in a mess kit repared bn.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ggyoung
    What do you think if she was a Marine? Doyou think the CMC would have done in this case? I think the CMC would have gone nuts over this. He would have been mad as hell. She would have been busted down to E-nothing. Shiped to greenland to count knifes in a mess kit repared bn.

Or ordered to Washington, DC, MCHQ; for duties commensurate to present rank and abilities!

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Smile

SHE DOES HAVE A PURRTY MOUTH,I MUST SAY;SEND HER YOUNG AZZ OVER TO MY HOOCH! I'LL STUFF MY 175MM.GUNNN SO FAR DOWN HER THROAT,THAT SHE'LL BE ABLE TO USE HER CHERRY; FOR A TAIL-LIGHT!!! S/F THAT~10/FOUUU

Quote Originally Posted by ggyoung
    LOL she would file sexual harrasment charges and take others in the **** with her

Thread Information