Emergency leave
Create Post

Thread: Emergency leave

Emergency leave

Here's my question, is the emrgency leave just charged against your total leave days, or not. I only ask because my brother recently had to take some and the recruiters, my brother and I were unsure about the subject. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The way I understand it, any accumulated leave time you have will be used during the Emergency leave.

I could be wrong, but that's the way I read it in STARS AND STRIPES.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Unless it's changed they will be taken off of the 30 days (maybe more now) you get per year

Quote Originally Posted by Hectic
    Here's my question, is the emrgency leave just charged against your total leave days, or not. I only ask because my brother recently had to take some and the recruiters, my brother and I were unsure about the subject. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    yea he will get charged the leave, it just means that he got his leave in a rush and not by submitting a leave chit

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The way I understood it you can even go in the hole (negative balance) with emergency leave. It does count against your 2.5 days a month accumulated or not. Had a lad in my platoon in Hawaii that had his mother die and went home on 15 days emergency leave. Came back and a week later his father died and he went back home on 30 days because he was the executor of the will. It kind of messed him up so he got a GOS discharge and the leave was on the house so to speak.

yea you can go in the whole as long as at ur eas you will be at a 0 or plus balance.

Like when you go on boot leave i didnt take 10 days i checked in early since i didnt wanna go into a negative leave balance and 4 days is enough i was ready to get back( not to bootcamp though).

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Yes, emergency leave comes off your regular leave balance and you may go in the hole to take it.

I went on emergency leave between ITR and MOS school when my father died and I had to go in the hole by a few days.

Everything they told us in boot camp about how the emergency leave system works, did work 100% in my case.

Okay, thank you for the clarification

Thread Information