Up in the morning...
Create Post

Up in the morning...

Today (thurasday 070104) was to be my first full day off since before Christmas, but we got the word the the big man head honcho big cheese kahuna Commandant of the Marine Corps General James T. Conway was comiing to our camp, so I got scooped up for guardian angel duty. After feeling like I had been punched in the gut, I sucked it up and woke up this morning @ 0330. I made some coffee, made sure my cammies looked good and stepped out of the door. I walked into the squad bay ready to do my thing, and what would you know... Its been CANCELED!!! AHHHH!!!!!!!

Well no worries, I go home leash up my dogs and go on a little run just for fun in the hills behind my apartment. well before sunrise. I was mad at first, but now im really happy. I love running on my own time, and especially with my Dogs.

So I guess I want to say Thank You Sir to General James T. Conway Planning this whole shindig that got my ass out of the rack early enough to actually enjoy my day off instead of sleeping in. (sleep is a crutch anyway right?)

You know that the Marine Corps loves keeping everyone on their toes

Ellie

Quote Originally Posted by thedrifter
    You know that the Marine Corps loves keeping everyone on their toes

Ellie
    Yes Yes the most certainly do. My toes have some good blisters thanks to The Corps

skilletsUSMC- Isn't that just the way it goes....I remember a saying back when I was active duty. "Stand-by for a stand-by. This might be a maybe!" Or the old standard..."Hurry up, and wait."
    drumcorpssnare

Quote Originally Posted by drumcorpssnare
    skilletsUSMC- Isn't that just the way it goes....I remember a saying back when I was active duty. "Stand-by for a stand-by. This might be a maybe!" Or the old standard..."Hurry up, and wait."
    drumcorpssnare
    This might be a maybe? HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA the rest are in usage full time, but I am gonna have to bring that one back

Enjoy your time off, but remember you're a Marine 24/7. even when you're off, you're on. semper fi.

Semper Gumby, Shock Troop

Thread Information