Second Thoughts on Gays in the Military - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The1stSgt
    We're not talking about just being in combat with homosexuals, were taking about open homosexuality 24/7, 365, everywhere, every place. In the barracks, at the clubs, MWR, PX, etc., etc.

Can you picture two drunk homosexual Marines kissing on the dance floor of the enlisted or officers club. How about a homosexual over nighters in the BEQ room? Your family comes to visit you at your base and here are two homosexual Marines walking arm in arm through the PX. How about three homosexual Marines having a love triangle and get into a fight that ends up at Office Hours. What tha f**k !!!!

That is not the image I want for the Marine Corps. It greatly lowers my morale just thinking about it.

The United States is steadily losing it's tolerant politically correct mind.

Just entertaining the idea that the open homosexual lifestyle is compatible with the traditional military lifestyle is evidence of distorted thinking.
    yeah never thought of it that way

that would lower my morale too lol

Gays in the military?
    Posted By Uncle Jimbo

First of all they are already there, we just play a game of no cabaret in the barracks currently.

I don't know what prompted Gen. Shalikashvili to come out (ha) with his statement regarding gay people serving in the military, but I remain in agreement with his thoughts. Readers here are aware of this and I believe we had one of the most interesting and substantive arguments in the comments I can recall. Opinions ranged from a solid H**l no to why wouldn't we? All in all I was impressed by the discourse and while it led me to re-evaluate my position, it has not significantly altered it.

The one point of contention is whether the presence of openly gay service members would undermine morale and discipline. If this is the case then we have a much more hostile and bigoted population than I believe we do. I truly believe that when confronted with gayness, most Americans have about as much interest in it as in the sex habits of their parents. It may draw an "Ew", but past that we all have better things to worry about. My statement in the past still reflects my feelings.

"If I am lying by the road bleeding, I don't care if the medic coming to save me is gay. I just hope he is one of those buff gay guys who are always in the gym so he can throw me over his shoulder and get me out of there."

I will say that given the current strain on the military after 5 years of wartime operations, and the likelihood of a surge in Iraq, now is probably not the best time to implement a full scale policy change. But if I read about one more Arabic linguist bounced for off duty behavior that hurt no one, I'll be ****ed. We don't have the luxury of ignoring people with skills we need. I think it would be wise for the Pentagon to just stop investigating cases of gayness and not process anyone else out if their behavior harms no one.

Ellie

Gays do not need acceptance, they need help. Stop ignoring their pain with tolerance and address the problem. We fix so many other mental problems but try to gloss this one over. Stop the insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by SuNmAN
    I think an "Army Dog" who is a 4 star General with 39 years of service, a Vietnam Veteran where he earned a Bronze Star with Combat V device's words carry some weight.
    Ahhh, but....he's the guy that also insisted the Army change it's headgear to the 'beret'.

I think we have our answer.

BTW, I have several issues with this.

1. If he felt so strongly about this, why didn't he put his career on the line at the time, and either fight for it, or resign? What has changed so that he would put himself out there for this?

2. He's a Clinton appointee, which pretty much says it all.

3. I will support gays in the military, openly, as soon as the military starts letting me share a room with female Marines. With communal showers. It's quite logical, really. If gays claim "its not about sex", then fine. It's not about sex for me, either. I just wanna look. It's just..that....simple.

Everything else being said is just hypocritical until that happens, and you won't convince me otherwise.

I'll go along with the quote from the famous "TRIX" rabbit. "Silly faggot! Dicks are for chicks!"
    drumcorpssnare

Then again, I AM a lesbian trapped in a man's body...does that count for something?

LOL

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    SONNY~BOY,HAVE YOU BEEN SPENDING TOO MUCH TIME;ON THE (19TH) HOLE~WITH YOU'R KISSING BOY'S?TRYING TO MAKE A HOLE IN ONE??? (LMFAO) SEMPER-NO-NO!!!

Maybe we could have segregated units within the Corps for all the fags, just like the Tuskegee Airman back in WWII. Any suggestions for nicknames of these units? Ill get you started...."The AIDS Brigade."

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    How insensitive; you bi*ch!!

I can see it now....pugil stick training at Parris Is. Two recruits- one a potential warrior; the other...not. The aggressive recruit throws a horizontal butt-stroke, striking the 'other' recruit on the left of his helmet. The 'other' recruit throws down his pugil stick and gloves, exclaiming, "Ssstoop it!" He takes off his helmet, rests his hand on his hip, and says, "I'll scratch your eyes out!"
    The 'warrior' recruit stands there for a second, blinks...and makes a jab to the face of his opponent.
    The 'other' recruit takes the full force of the jab, in the face. He falls to the ground, curls up in the fetal position, and begins to cry.

Yup. That's the kind of person I want coverin' MY 6!

drumcorpssnare

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    THE 4TH.BN.MCRD!~SAN~DEIGO! Q/CO.-MOTTO-(QUEER FOR YOU'R GEAR) HOLLYWEIRD~(LMFAO)

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by drumcorpssnare
    I can see it now....pugil stick training at Parris Is. Two recruits- one a potential warrior; the other...not. The aggressive recruit throws a horizontal butt-stroke, striking the 'other' recruit on the left of his helmet. The 'other' recruit throws down his pugil stick and gloves, exclaiming, "Ssstoop it!" He takes off his helmet, rests his hand on his hip, and says, "I'll scratch your eyes out!"
    The 'warrior' recruit stands there for a second, blinks...and makes a jab to the face of his opponent.
    The 'other' recruit takes the full force of the jab, in the face. He falls to the ground, curls up in the fetal position, and begins to cry.

Yup. That's the kind of person I want coverin' MY 6!

drumcorpssnare
    They"ll be more than HAPPY to cover your six. Be careful what you wish for!

Pink cammy's w/shoulder patch reading, "We'll knock your dick stiff!"
    drumcorpssnare

E-3 will be a Prance Corporal.

Thread Information