Email
Create Post

Thread: Email

Email

Hey everyone! I'm a new Marine (graduated Dec. 15th Plt. 3109 3rd Bn I. Co.) and I'm trying to figure out a way to get an 'official' Marine Corps email. I went to usmc.mil (marine Online) and tried there... but apparently I haven't been issued an MOS yet.. which prohibits me from completely signing up and filling in all categories of info. Am I at the wrong site? Or is there a way to find out what my MOS is? I"m currently on recruiter's assistance until January 15th until I head to MCT (Geiger). Any info on this would be appreciated. Thanks.

-Pvt. Laflin
    USMC

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Dainslef,

Welcome Aboard Leatherneck. And Welcome to the Marines Corps. You mentioned that you are going through MOS school? Are you regular or Reserve? The reason being if you are regular and after you report to your unit after MOS school then you will probably be assigned an email address. The Navy and the Marine Corps are under the NMCI (Navy Marine Corps Intranet). Upon checking into your unit your email will be something like firstname.lastnam@usmc.mil depending on if you are the only person in the Navy and or the Marines with the same first and lastnames. If there is a duplicate to the name then there may possibly be a one (1) after your lastname, or your middle intial if applicable.

If you are a reservist this process may take more time as you are not assigned to your reserve unit yet, but the same process would be present.

Semper Fi

Thanks GySgt. This'll save me alot of time and headache. No I haven't gone through MOS school yet. I'm active so I'm good to go.

Oorah

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Thumbs up Dainslef,

What will your MOS be? In some cases you may or may not get an email account, but more than likely you will

Semper Fi and good luck Marine

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Welcome back James and congratulations Marine. Your membership status will be changing to Marine shortly. There you look much better as a Marine!

Semper Fi

Jim

Last edited by jinelson; 12-31-06 at 07:46 PM.

My MOS is Logistics... as far as where i'll be stationed and for how long.. I have yet to find out. However I'm still very motivated and excited to go.

Hey hey there diet tray....SCREAM!SCREAM SCREAM!

Good Evening Gentlemen
    How are you Laflin? We went through some things but we made it. Just enjoying my time off till i go to MCT.

Thread Information