Hussein executed - Page 9
Create Post
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The1stSgt
    Arcade, I don't know what Marine Corps you are from, but a United States Marine, Lance Corporal, would never call a First Sergeant of Marines, "Sarge". A total disrespect and loss of military bearing. On active duty, you'd be mine for a long time.

I can never remember any Marine addressing me as "Sarge" in my career, or in retirement. I am still addressed as First Sergeant by active duty and retired Marines, it is a Marine Corps Order you know. As a Sergeant, Staff Sergeant, Gunnery Sergeant, and First Sergeant of Marines, I've always be addressed by my appropriate rank, except by members of the Army. Even the fricking Navy doesn't use the term "Sarge".

Are you sure you were in the same Marine Corps as the rest of us? If you were, then apologize to me and square you ass away, and never refer to me as "Sarge". I am First Sergeant.

In defense of "arcade", correct me if I'm wrong (and I likely am) but I read a book during the Korean War and they called a Marine Master Sergeant "Sarge"

and since arcade served back in the 60's to early 70's maybe they used Sarge back then??

SuN....you got banned? I wondered what happened to ya LOL.
    It was a little Time Out to Reflect on things...

Ellie

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    by SuNmAN - In defense of "arcade", correct me if I'm wrong (and I likely am)
    Stand Corrected! I also served in the 60's and 70's and no way no how was a Sergeant of any rank in my Corps ever referred to as sarg.

Jim

LOL.....so noted, Ma'am.....

Heck, I would have came back sayin I was in the brig or something

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun
    SuN....you got banned? I wondered what happened to ya LOL.

No wonder it was so quiet around these parts...

I do have to say, tho, if you've already made Meritorous LCpl, and are being talked about for Meritorous Cpl...why are you "dissappointed" in the Marine Corps?

Lastly, while your political views "may" have nothing to do with your competence as a Marine, when you post them, they aren't some holy nugget to be 'oohed and aaahhed' about by the great unwashed masses. Expect comment and criticisim. It's how you defend those positions that defines and hones who and what you are. Posting stuff like that, and then *****ing about it, does you no good.

disappointed in the conduct, appearance, leadership and competence of the Marines around me

maybe its just the reserves...but when I see many Marines unq-ing rifle ranges, failing PFTs, being overweight, sitting around doing nothing 70% of the time as a unit, cheating on the rifle range, stealing from eachother - it does not give me the impression of an "elite organization" my recruiter told me it would me.

I once considered myself above and beyond a regular US Army soldier for "earning the title Marine"

I no longer hold that point of view. I do not think that we are in any way better than the regular US Army.

But again, maybe its just the Marine Reserves. Maybe the active fleet is a lot more squared away. But I am disappointed for sure.

We had a Corporal from active duty that came in for 3 drills (3 months) and took care of me and the things I needed to be done FAR BETTER than my Staff Sergeant ever has in 2 and a half years combined. When he saw how "heinous" our unit was, he couldn't stand it and now he's gone. Back to active duty.

Yep. Thats why I'm dissappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by jinelson
    Stand Corrected! I also served in the 60's and 70's and no way no how was a Sergeant of any rank in my Corps ever referred to as sarg.

Jim

roger that.

The book I read was probably written by a civilian then. Or perhaps they did that in the 50s.

Quote Originally Posted by jinelson

Jim
    Thank You Jim....

I don't feel like going through this again....

A little research does help

Ellie

Quote Originally Posted by HisSemperFiWife
    Ok so not showing the photos of his hanging???
    But they can show video of his victims being beheaded etc!!! and THAT is OK ?!?!?!
    Geeees back in the Old West going to a hanging was a social event and deterrent, I believe.

I'm sorry but I have NEVER ONCE seen videos of beheadings in the mainstream media such as CNN, FOX, CBS or whatever

if I wanted to see a video you had to go look it up.

They way I saw them was during our little 2 week summer deal a Corporal that just returned from Iraq had a DVD of them. It was nasty.

So...then the obvious solution is to go on Active Duty...lol...

I donot think that sun would ever last very long in a good line unit weather it be grunts.arty or tanks. I do know that if I had a lcpl. like that there would be lots of 6x6x6s dug in trying to get him turned around and squars-a-way. But you can't do that today. If you do it would be mean to the little troops. Maybe that is the problem now days.

Quote Originally Posted by SuNmAN
    I'm sorry but I have NEVER ONCE seen videos of beheadings in the mainstream media such as CNN, FOX, CBS or whatever

if I wanted to see a video you had to go look it up.

They way I saw them was during our little 2 week summer deal a Corporal that just returned from Iraq had a DVD of them. It was nasty.
    While it's not relevant to Saddam, I guess you've perhaps forgotten Daniel Pearl, and the other kid who were beheaded, whose vids they did show (up to about the same point as the hanging).

You've also forgotten the hanging bodies of American citizens on Fallujah Bridge.

Bodies of American pilots/SF being dragged through the streets of scenic downtown Mog in 1993.

The media, back in the days before 'youtube', DID show pictures of gassed Kurds and whatnot, and I recall those pics vividly.

There are other examples, but the point I make is just this; making generalized statements about things like this are bound to get ya into trouble.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The media, back in the days before 'youtube', DID show pictures of gassed Kurds and whatnot, and I recall those pics vividly.

There are other examples, but the point I make is just this; making generalized statements about things like this are bound to get ya into trouble.
    You can't mean pictures of victims of WMDs? Lord knows if saddam ever had them,he wouldn't actually use them. Amazing how short a memory the masses seem to have-maybe that's why weapons of mass destruction are used on them.

Quote Originally Posted by ggyoung
    I donot think that sun would ever last very long in a good line unit weather it be grunts.arty or tanks. I do know that if I had a lcpl. like that there would be lots of 6x6x6s dug in trying to get him turned around and squars-a-way. But you can't do that today. If you do it would be mean to the little troops. Maybe that is the problem now days.

Exactly what the fu*k I've been saying for some time now !

Quote Originally Posted by D W George
    You can't mean pictures of victims of WMDs? Lord knows if saddam ever had them,he wouldn't actually use them. Amazing how short a memory the masses seem to have-maybe that's why weapons of mass destruction are used on them.
    You, sir, are obviously NOT watching the required amount of Mainstream media. If you were, you'd know the only reason we ever invaded the peace loving country of Iraq was to overthrow the great humanitarian, Saddam, and steal all the moooslums earl.

It's obvious you'll need to be re-educated. And soon. Before you begin to infect others.

The black helicopters will be arriving shortly. Resistance is Futile. You will be assimilated.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You, sir, are obviously NOT watching the required amount of Mainstream media. If you were, you'd know the only reason we ever invaded the peace loving country of Iraq was to overthrow the great humanitarian, Saddam, and steal all the moooslums earl.

It's obvious you'll need to be re-educated. And soon. Before you begin to infect others.

The black helicopters will be arriving shortly. Resistance is Futile. You will be assimilated.
    Does that mean that hillary has finally gotten her "secret health" program mandated for the unreconstructed?

By the f**king way-how come, if we invaded hadji town for the oil, the prices haven't gone down? And another f**king thing! How come when the price of a barrel of oil goes up one or two cents gas jumps 10 cents/gal. whereas when it drops several DOLLARS it doesn't affect what I'm paying for gas one red penny. Somebody riddle me that?

Thread Information