Hussein executed - Page 8
Create Post
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Arcade, you sound like a religious fanatic, cult leader, false prophet, etc.

I'm sure you think you have the enlightment on prophetic world events, but I find your post personally irritating and bazaar.

I don't think this board is the proper venue for you to propagate your private interpertation of world events as seen though your spiritual bias.

Arcade, I don't know what Marine Corps you are from, but a United States Marine, Lance Corporal, would never call a First Sergeant of Marines, "Sarge". A total disrespect and loss of military bearing. On active duty, you'd be mine for a long time.

I can never remember any Marine addressing me as "Sarge" in my career, or in retirement. I am still addressed as First Sergeant by active duty and retired Marines, it is a Marine Corps Order you know. As a Sergeant, Staff Sergeant, Gunnery Sergeant, and First Sergeant of Marines, I've always be addressed by my appropriate rank, except by members of the Army. Even the fricking Navy doesn't use the term "Sarge".

Are you sure you were in the same Marine Corps as the rest of us? If you were, then apologize to me and square you ass away, and never refer to me as "Sarge". I am First Sergeant.

Platoon Leader Platinum Member jinelson's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Well said indeed First Sergeant OORAH!!!

Semper Fi

Jim

No better friend/No worse enemy

Well said, 1stSgt! And true.

A related sea story, if I may, which bears on the conversation...

When my mentor, GySgt Beeler, was promoted to MSgt, he made it very clear he was NOT to be addressed as "top". "I am a Master Sergeant of Marines. You will address me as 'Master Sergeant'. I am not a 'top'. I do not spin in circles and fall down. Are we clear?"

It was not a mistake one made a second time.

The only time I've been addressed as "Sarge" is by army pukes who call EVERY Sergeant 'Sarge'. They get all discombobulated when I address them using the proper title. Heck, I don't think even THEY know what "Sergeant First Class" means!

I weep for what this country is becoming, and fear for my children and grandchildren's future if any more democrats gain national office. We lose more and more freedoms every single day to creeping nannystatism and those who vote for Democrats only want to increase that. Anyone voting for a 'dem' is someone who likely wants to take everything YOU have worked for and mortgage your kids future as well.
    v/r
    The Malignant Leprechaun

Semper Fi, First Sergeant

Ok so not showing the photos of his hanging???
    But they can show video of his victims being beheaded etc!!! and THAT is OK ?!?!?!
    Geeees back in the Old West going to a hanging was a social event and deterrent, I believe.

It's not like we fed him into a shredder, feet first, after all!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by drumcorpssnare
    SuNmaN- Here's my prediction...You will eventually be deployed, either to Iraq or Afghanistan. And when the bullets start flyin' and troops are getting hit....you are gonna take all that left wing BS and stow it in your seabag. You're gonna get your head screwed on straight, in a big hurry. And you're gonna do everything within your earthly powers to save your butt and your fellow American's butts. You will grow up...real fast.
    Because the sad reality is, if you don't, you probably won't make it back. And even sadder...you may take a Marine or two with you, who was depending on you!
    Sounds to me like you need to inspect your 'brain-housing group.' Take it apart, clean it, re-assemble it, and check it. Right now, it's 'major malfunction' is "FAILURE-TO-FEED!"

Nothin' Personal...Just one Marine lookin' out for another.
    drumcorpssnare

lol guess I decided to come back after I was banned even though it irritated me

I'm liberal on some issues, conservative on others. Guess you'd call me a swing voter.

PLEASE tell me what makes a "liberal Marine" any less competant than a "conservative Marine"

because if you can't prove that, quit the accusations that "I'm going to get Marines killed yada yada yada"

because I know I'm damn good at everything I do, and the Marine Corps is no exception.

even though I haven't been in combat, my track record in peacetime has been proven, not to mention I'm a stallar athlete and a great shooter.

I was a meritorious Lance Corporal and my Staff Sergeant and Gunny has made numerous mentions of putting me in for meritorious Corporal already

so even though I'm sorely dissappointed in what the Corps has turned out to be (as opposed to what the recruiter said it would be like) I'm still damn good at what I do and I am firmly confident I would not let down in combat

so please, get off my back about my political views because they have NOTHING to do with my competence as a Marine !!!

Laaaaters

SuNman- So, you're "sorely disappointed in what the Corps turned out to be"...
    Tell ya what...why don't you take two 'tough-$hit pills', and call me in the morning?
    drumcorpssnare

SuN....you got banned? I wondered what happened to ya LOL.

No wonder it was so quiet around these parts...

I do have to say, tho, if you've already made Meritorous LCpl, and are being talked about for Meritorous Cpl...why are you "dissappointed" in the Marine Corps?

Lastly, while your political views "may" have nothing to do with your competence as a Marine, when you post them, they aren't some holy nugget to be 'oohed and aaahhed' about by the great unwashed masses. Expect comment and criticisim. It's how you defend those positions that defines and hones who and what you are. Posting stuff like that, and then *****ing about it, does you no good.

I weep for what this country is becoming, and fear for my children and grandchildren's future if any more democrats gain national office. We lose more and more freedoms every single day to creeping nannystatism and those who vote for Democrats only want to increase that. Anyone voting for a 'dem' is someone who likely wants to take everything YOU have worked for and mortgage your kids future as well.
    v/r
    The Malignant Leprechaun

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by The1stSgt
    Arcade, I don't know what Marine Corps you are from, but a United States Marine, Lance Corporal, would never call a First Sergeant of Marines, "Sarge". A total disrespect and loss of military bearing. On active duty, you'd be mine for a long time.

I can never remember any Marine addressing me as "Sarge" in my career, or in retirement. I am still addressed as First Sergeant by active duty and retired Marines, it is a Marine Corps Order you know. As a Sergeant, Staff Sergeant, Gunnery Sergeant, and First Sergeant of Marines, I've always be addressed by my appropriate rank, except by members of the Army. Even the fricking Navy doesn't use the term "Sarge".

Are you sure you were in the same Marine Corps as the rest of us? If you were, then apologize to me and square you ass away, and never refer to me as "Sarge". I am First Sergeant.

In defense of "arcade", correct me if I'm wrong (and I likely am) but I read a book during the Korean War and they called a Marine Master Sergeant "Sarge"

and since arcade served back in the 60's to early 70's maybe they used Sarge back then??

It was a little Time Out to Reflect on things...

Ellie

IN LOVING MEMORY OF MY LATE HUSBAND, SSgt Roger A. Alfano, USMC
    ONE PROUD MARINE
    1961-1977
    Vietnam 1968/69
    Once a Marine...Always a Marine

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1204617174

Platoon Leader Platinum Member jinelson's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    by SuNmAN - In defense of "arcade", correct me if I'm wrong (and I likely am)
    Stand Corrected! I also served in the 60's and 70's and no way no how was a Sergeant of any rank in my Corps ever referred to as sarg.

Jim

No better friend/No worse enemy

LOL.....so noted, Ma'am.....

Heck, I would have came back sayin I was in the brig or something

v/r
    The Malignant Leprechaun

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun

No wonder it was so quiet around these parts...

I do have to say, tho, if you've already made Meritorous LCpl, and are being talked about for Meritorous Cpl...why are you "dissappointed" in the Marine Corps?

Lastly, while your political views "may" have nothing to do with your competence as a Marine, when you post them, they aren't some holy nugget to be 'oohed and aaahhed' about by the great unwashed masses. Expect comment and criticisim. It's how you defend those positions that defines and hones who and what you are. Posting stuff like that, and then *****ing about it, does you no good.

disappointed in the conduct, appearance, leadership and competence of the Marines around me

maybe its just the reserves...but when I see many Marines unq-ing rifle ranges, failing PFTs, being overweight, sitting around doing nothing 70% of the time as a unit, cheating on the rifle range, stealing from eachother - it does not give me the impression of an "elite organization" my recruiter told me it would me.

I once considered myself above and beyond a regular US Army soldier for "earning the title Marine"

I no longer hold that point of view. I do not think that we are in any way better than the regular US Army.

But again, maybe its just the Marine Reserves. Maybe the active fleet is a lot more squared away. But I am disappointed for sure.

We had a Corporal from active duty that came in for 3 drills (3 months) and took care of me and the things I needed to be done FAR BETTER than my Staff Sergeant ever has in 2 and a half years combined. When he saw how "heinous" our unit was, he couldn't stand it and now he's gone. Back to active duty.

Yep. Thats why I'm dissappointed.

Thread Information