Hussein executed - Page 7
Create Post
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Sunman...I haven't commented on your comments lately but this comment p*ssed me off alot...
    I can give a crap what they think of me. My job is to MAKE THE RIGHT DECISION. When you cave in to peer pressure in combat, what happens is little 14 year old Iraqi girls get murdered and raped by US soldiers

Your job as a leader of Marines is to ensure your Marines come back home. And you might want to care what your Marines think about you because we have ways of getting rid of people that are in it for themselves. So are you saying that every leader of Marines that gives a sh*t about his Marines ends up letting his Marines rape 14 yo girls? Another question I have for you is do you still go to your weekend camping trips? Or do you find ways to get out of them?

Quote Originally Posted by yellowwing
    Here's another one for you, kid:
    http://www.imef-fwd.usmc.mil/imef%2F...D?OpenDocument

Story, photos by Cpl. Michael S. Cifuentes
    Combat Correspondent
    3rd Battalion, 4th Marine Regiment

Getty"s service in the Marine Corps ends Jan. 27, 2007. But he won"t be getting out. He chose to extend his service just long enough to finish what he"s currently doing - a seven-month tour in Iraq.

"I had to be here with my boys," said Getty during a frigid, three-hour night patrol in Husaybah, a city that shares a border with Syria in northwestern Iraq.
    The Lakeview, Ore., native made the decision long before his deployment to Iraq"s Al Anbar Province began in September.

"Getty made this decision for the love of his Marines," said 1st Sgt. Robert M. Sands, a Baltimore native and the senior enlisted Marine in Getty"s company. "It"s pretty honorable and a good example of a leader."
    Peer pressure may be common in Illinois, but its deadly serious in the Corps.

Remember the training and preparation you've been through. It wasn't for nothing, it had design and specific purpose. Close with and destroy the enemy. Get that through your head.

yes, close with and destroy the enemy

of course

I'm sorry that I see only enemy combatants as the enemy

I do not consider any of the following to be the enemy like many here do: Democratic Party of the United States, Muslim-Americans, Iraqi civilians etc etc

Sunman you forget your a Marine and you dont question your senior Marine ncos of there actions.. trust me you do that crap and you will go home in a body bag.. Another thing young man i was in the heat of battle for 2 tours vietnam and not once.. and i mean not once did any Marine i was around think about killin or raping children what so ever those men knew the reprecussions that would come down on them if they did. they would have come home in a body bag. As a squad leader i told all my men if you try that crap your going home in a body bag that was the bottom line..

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SuNmAN
    yes, close with and destroy the enemy

of course

I'm sorry that I see only enemy combatants as the enemy

I do not consider any of the following to be the enemy like many here do: Democratic Party of the United States, Muslim-Americans, Iraqi civilians etc etc
    I said nothing of the political BS.

A lot sooner than you think, you are going to wake up in a hot dusty place where Marines will be counting on you. This attitude of yours may get you laid in Illinois, good for you.

You got the training, and somewhere deep down you got the heart. Look in your wallet at that DOD card. At a moments notice you are obligated to be on a long flight to Al Anbar or maybe even standing shoulder to shoulder with National Guardsmen for the next Kent State.

We don't believe your "I'm just a college kid" routine. And for damn sure your unit doesn't believe it either.

Why did "Kill Bill" David Carridine like Superman so much?

Quote Originally Posted by jgorosco
    Sunman...I haven't commented on your comments lately but this comment p*ssed me off alot...
    Your job as a leader of Marines is to ensure your Marines come back home. And you might want to care what your Marines think about you because we have ways of getting rid of people that are in it for themselves. So are you saying that every leader of Marines that gives a sh*t about his Marines ends up letting his Marines rape 14 yo girls? Another question I have for you is do you still go to your weekend camping trips? Or do you find ways to get out of them?

I think you misunderstood my comment because it was written as a response to "MarineDad"

but yeah I go to all my weekend camping trips I haven't missed one in three years.

Quote Originally Posted by hrscowboy
    Sunman you forget your a Marine and you dont question your senior Marine ncos of there actions.. trust me you do that crap and you will go home in a body bag.. Another thing young man i was in the heat of battle for 2 tours vietnam and not once.. and i mean not once did any Marine i was around think about killin or raping children what so ever those men knew the reprecussions that would come down on them if they did. they would have come home in a body bag. As a squad leader i told all my men if you try that crap your going home in a body bag that was the bottom line..

I respect that 100%

I never said anything about questioning my NCOs and Officers.

And I'm not calling my fellow Marines rapists and baby killers

come on now yall know me better than that I'd be the last one to say something like that, as I wear the uniform as well.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    SuNmAN I strongly suggest that you read this thread: http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...466#post213466
    it may enlighten you a bit. But then again everyone is wrong but you.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jinelson
    SuNmAN I strongly suggest that you read this thread: http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...466#post213466
    it may enlighten you a bit. But then again everyone is wrong but you.

Jim

I've read that post already and I've admitted to being wrong on several occassions.

I feel no joy seeing Saddam hang.

sure he's a villain but he's done nothing to America.

Osama Bin Laden on the other hand needs to die a slow and painful death. And this is the first time I've wished that on another person.
    He's done nothing to America? Did you just get back from a long deployment without phones and TV and the internet?

How many American deaths can be directly laid at his feet? At least 3000. Because if he would have done what he was supposed to, he'd still be alive, we wouldn't have invaded, etc.

THAT is an uninformed and blatantly left wing pc opinion.

Had we taken him our during Desert Storm, we'd simply be in this quagmire 10 years ago instad of now.
    Wrong. And, what makes you think this is a 'quagmire'? Other than the NYT saying it is, of course.

And "Daily KOS", "Moveon.org", the other left wing shills.

If those same people would have been around in WWII, they would have claimed Guadalcanal was a 'quagmire'. Hell, we'd all be speaking Japanese or German now. Those of us still alive, anyway.

I'm a Christian, what can I say.

Besides, if and when I go, my job is not to PLEASE the other Marines

I can give a crap what they think of me. My job is to MAKE THE RIGHT DECISION. When you cave in to peer pressure in combat, what happens is little 14 year old Iraqi girls get murdered and raped by US soldiers
    I think you should step the **** back, laddie.

If you were my Marine you'd be writing me a two thousand word essay on respect, leadership, and not jumping to conclusions. After you dug an anti-tank ditch with your e-tool.

Why? Because in reading that line, it sure looks like you are making an accusation against this man's son, who really is there, doing what you won't volunteer to do (by your own admission).

It is my hope that if/when you do deploy, you learn to engage your brain before you engage your mouth, otherwise, you may not like the results....cause you might get a Platoon Sergeant whose a veteran of Fallujah, who might just take you to the rear of the squadbay and kick living hell out of you.

SuNmaN- Here's my prediction...You will eventually be deployed, either to Iraq or Afghanistan. And when the bullets start flyin' and troops are getting hit....you are gonna take all that left wing BS and stow it in your seabag. You're gonna get your head screwed on straight, in a big hurry. And you're gonna do everything within your earthly powers to save your butt and your fellow American's butts. You will grow up...real fast.
    Because the sad reality is, if you don't, you probably won't make it back. And even sadder...you may take a Marine or two with you, who was depending on you!
    Sounds to me like you need to inspect your 'brain-housing group.' Take it apart, clean it, re-assemble it, and check it. Right now, it's 'major malfunction' is "FAILURE-TO-FEED!"

Nothin' Personal...Just one Marine lookin' out for another.
    drumcorpssnare

Agree, Drumcorps. SuN, nothing personal with me, either. But you need to get your head outta your fourth point of contact, damn quick.

Here is something to think about. On this here post only. Not taking any ones side on this post. WW1 Sgt. York was a C.O. Yet he got the MOH.

So was another CO in WWII, served as a medic on Okinawa, Army....can't recall his name tho.

Thread Information