Hussein executed - Page 6
Create Post
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    DW, I couldn't agree more. I really believe that had he been taken out during the Storm, we wouldn't be in this quagmire right now.

As afar as Saddam being hanged, I couldn't help but break out the old John Anderson album, craking a cold one, and enjoy listening to "Swingin"!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by D W George
    Oddly I felt no joy over saddams' execution either. What I felt was relief; relief that he would no longer be a hope and rallying point for the baath party or sunni muslims. Saying he did no harm to America is like saying "I've never been bitten by a rattlesnake". Given the chance saddam would have done all in his power to harm us. You cannot defeat an enemy like him and continue to let them rule. He should have been taken out the first time around, thus saving everyone a lot of trouble. Leaving him where he was at, with the vast resouces available to him, was an invitation to disaster. Fortunately he couldn't keep his head down, bide his time, and strike us when we weren't looking. He was too arrogant for that and we should be thankful for small favors. With his death, along with his psycho sons, the world is a little (very little) better off. And, hopefully, this is one more major step in our bringing Iraq to self sufficiency and getting our troops back home.

Had we taken him our during Desert Storm, we'd simply be in this quagmire 10 years ago instad of now.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SuNmAN
    Had we taken him our during Desert Storm, we'd simply be in this quagmire 10 years ago instad of now.
    What makes you consider this a quagmire? Troops I've talked to seem to be in a different engagement than the one the NYT is involved in. Memories are very short around here; After the World Trade Ctr. the Pres. said we are involved in a fight that might take generations and definitely would not be short term. Had we ignored the un, and finished the job the first time, the devastation already suffered by the Iraqis at that time should have been sufficient to create a very different situation than the one we've allowed ourselves to become involved in.
    There are times I really wonder about your commitment to the Corps.

What is happening to our "kill the b-----s? I had a buddy who was at Marine Barricks Trinadad. He toled me that when he first got there on a Saterday some came into the barricks screaming "there having one, there having one" everybody run out of the barricks so he followed them into town. There he saw his 1st publick hanging. For next 2 years he went to all he could.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Cool

REALLY~SONNY~BOY,WHAT WAS THAT CHIT HE PULLED;ORDERING ALL THE OIL WELL'S SET ON FIRE?HE TRIED POISONING THE WHOLE PLANET,IF IT WEREN'T FOR OUR EXPERTICE;WITH DEALING WITH SUCH THING'S!WE STILL MIGHT NOT BE ABLE, TOO SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY???

Quote Originally Posted by SuNmAN
    SuNmaN- Hey buddy, sometimes I wonder about you...Tell me, when you open a box of Cheerios do you look inside and go, "Oh cool! Donut seeds!"

At the conclusion of Desert Storm, Iraq was crushed. Utterly defeated. The US and the coalition were in a much better position to weed out the insurgents, than they were prepared to give us problems. That would have been a much more oportune time to put that country on the proper heading to democracy, than now.

Not to mention the ten years time the radicals have had to get all their ducks in a row. The insurgents were MUCH weaker back then!

drumcorpssnare

Quote Originally Posted by D W George
    What makes you consider this a quagmire? Troops I've talked to seem to be in a different engagement than the one the NYT is involved in. Memories are very short around here; After the World Trade Ctr. the Pres. said we are involved in a fight that might take generations and definitely would not be short term. Had we ignored the un, and finished the job the first time, the devastation already suffered by the Iraqis at that time should have been sufficient to create a very different situation than the one we've allowed ourselves to become involved in.
    There are times I really wonder about your commitment to the Corps.

what makes this not a quagmire?

Troops dying every day

We can't decide whether to stay or withdraw

Civilians getting killed every single day

no visible progress toward peace and stability being made

I'm committed to serving my country, yes. But it doesn't mean I have to adpot the "war is cool, ooorah gung ho kill kill kill them all" attitude that you guys have.

Quote Originally Posted by drumcorpssnare
    SuNmaN- Hey buddy, sometimes I wonder about you...Tell me, when you open a box of Cheerios do you look inside and go, "Oh cool! Donut seeds!"

At the conclusion of Desert Storm, Iraq was crushed. Utterly defeated. The US and the coalition were in a much better position to weed out the insurgents, than they were prepared to give us problems. That would have been a much more oportune time to put that country on the proper heading to democracy, than now.

Not to mention the ten years time the radicals have had to get all their ducks in a row. The insurgents were MUCH weaker back then!

drumcorpssnare
    were the insurgents much weaker back then?

Lets not forget the Mujahideen ousted the Soviet Union from Afghanistan after a decade of fighting in 1989

thats before the Persian Gulf War.

Quote Originally Posted by FISTFU68
    REALLY~SONNY~BOY,WHAT WAS THAT CHIT HE PULLED;ORDERING ALL THE OIL WELL'S SET ON FIRE?HE TRIED POISONING THE WHOLE PLANET,IF IT WEREN'T FOR OUR EXPERTICE;WITH DEALING WITH SUCH THING'S!WE STILL MIGHT NOT BE ABLE, TOO SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY???
    yeah I don't like the guy, he's a villain and deserved what he got.

But it would've given me 10x more satisfaction seeing Osama hang.

Quote Originally Posted by ggyoung
    What is happening to our "kill the b-----s? I had a buddy who was at Marine Barricks Trinadad. He toled me that when he first got there on a Saterday some came into the barricks screaming "there having one, there having one" everybody run out of the barricks so he followed them into town. There he saw his 1st publick hanging. For next 2 years he went to all he could.
    wow sweet life someone that enjoys seeing people die

might wanna check him out at the psychiatric ward

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    I'm committed to serving my country, yes. But it doesn't mean I have to adpot the "war is cool, ooorah gung ho kill kill kill them all" attitude that you guys have.
    From a recent Marine Blog from the Sandbox:
    Highest Unit Re-enlistment Rate — Any outfit that has been in Iraq recently. All the danger, all the hardship, all the time away from home, all the horror, all the frustrations with the fight here — all are outweighed by the desire for young men to be part of a band of brothers who will die for one another. They found what they were looking for when they enlisted out of high school. Man for man, they now have more combat experience than any Marines in the history of our Corps.
    Remember, its not about you.

Marine Family Free Member 003XXMarineDAD's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

With Respect SunMan.....

SunMan you are a real fruit tree hugging love kumbaya turn the other cheek guy.
    I have spent time over the last two months talking to my son which has been over there in Anbar and knows what is going on. All I can say is that if you carry this attitude with you over there you just be the first confirmed Fragging of this conflict.
    These Marines over there may not take to your turn the cheek feelings that you seem to have.
    You just may have to make a real choice between living and dying and that turn the cheek might get you killed.

Quote Originally Posted by 003XXMarineDAD
    SunMan you are a real fruit tree hugging love kumbaya turn the other cheek guy.
    I have spent time over the last two months talking to my son which has been over there in Anbar and knows what is going on. All I can say is that if you carry this attitude with you over there you just be the first confirmed Fragging of this conflict.
    These Marines over there may not take to your turn the cheek feelings that you seem to have.
    You just may have to make a real choice between living and dying and that turn the cheek might get you killed.
    I'm a Christian, what can I say.

Besides, if and when I go, my job is not to PLEASE the other Marines

I can give a crap what they think of me. My job is to MAKE THE RIGHT DECISION. When you cave in to peer pressure in combat, what happens is little 14 year old Iraqi girls get murdered and raped by US soldiers

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Here's another one for you, kid:
    http://www.imef-fwd.usmc.mil/imef%2F...D?OpenDocument

Story, photos by Cpl. Michael S. Cifuentes
    Combat Correspondent
    3rd Battalion, 4th Marine Regiment

Getty"s service in the Marine Corps ends Jan. 27, 2007. But he won"t be getting out. He chose to extend his service just long enough to finish what he"s currently doing - a seven-month tour in Iraq.

"I had to be here with my boys," said Getty during a frigid, three-hour night patrol in Husaybah, a city that shares a border with Syria in northwestern Iraq.
    The Lakeview, Ore., native made the decision long before his deployment to Iraq"s Al Anbar Province began in September.

"Getty made this decision for the love of his Marines," said 1st Sgt. Robert M. Sands, a Baltimore native and the senior enlisted Marine in Getty"s company. "It"s pretty honorable and a good example of a leader."
    Peer pressure may be common in Illinois, but its deadly serious in the Corps.

Remember the training and preparation you've been through. It wasn't for nothing, it had design and specific purpose. Close with and destroy the enemy. Get that through your head.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowwing
    From a recent Marine Blog from the Sandbox:
    Highest Unit Re-enlistment Rate — Any outfit that has been in Iraq recently. All the danger, all the hardship, all the time away from home, all the horror, all the frustrations with the fight here — all are outweighed by the desire for young men to be part of a band of brothers who will die for one another. They found what they were looking for when they enlisted out of high school. Man for man, they now have more combat experience than any Marines in the history of our Corps.
    Remember, its not about you.
    ooorah

I respect that fully

Thread Information