Hussein executed - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun
    Now, you don't suppose the media is 'liberal' do ya? This is from the Washington Post "News alert" I get:

"Former Iraqi president Saddam Hussein, who rose from humble beginnings to build the Arab world's most ruthless dictatorship but whose fall unleashed a turbulent era for his nation and the world, was executed early Saturday morning in Baghdad, according to Iraqi state television. "

This makes it sound like he was some kinda civic leader or great statesman!

Wonder if they would have done the same thing for Hitler?

"Rising from humble beginnings as a small time artist and former enlisted soldier of the Great War....."
    I think that statement by the Washington Post was fair and objective.

Of COURSE you would!!! LOL

I weep for what this country is becoming, and fear for my children and grandchildren's future if any more democrats gain national office. We lose more and more freedoms every single day to creeping nannystatism and those who vote for Democrats only want to increase that. Anyone voting for a 'dem' is someone who likely wants to take everything YOU have worked for and mortgage your kids future as well.
    v/r
    The Malignant Leprechaun

Now feed him to the pigs in front of the raghead world.

Credits
    Savings

Smile Addendum

Quote Originally Posted by 10thzodiac
    Execution of a man by hanging... This produces a simultaneous ejaculation at the exact moment of the final death convulsion.

“Therese, it’s the rope that’s waiting for me: ‘tis the same delight I am pleased to have women savor: that’s the one will serve as my undoing; I am as firmly persuaded as I can possibly be that this death is infinitely sweeter than cruel.” ~ Mine execution

So, if ever given a choice between a hanging or a firing squad, go for the hanging

SF
    10thz
    Saddam came when he went, what a way to go !

Next thing to dieing in bed while getting some.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Of COURSE you would!!! LOL

I don't see what's wrong with that statement.

The following is a transcription of an audio recording made by a cell phone during Saddam's hanging. It appears to be Saddam comforting himself by singing. We all know he was downright silly for Southern old-timey songs.

Absolutely right, Sgt. Leprechaun,

I think I was following a bit of emotion when I posted. When I posted I was thinking of our former Seals hanging from bridges.....(but I guess that was ironed out with the battle for Fallujah .)

I agree that desecration should not be an option and agree even more so that a "rallying place" is less of an option. Thanks for clarifying my thinking with your post.....

THIS is why, BTW, the graves of Nazi's we executed in Nuremburg were unmarked and kept hidden. We were smart enough, and unconcerned with PC crap, to realize those places become monuments for martyrs.

I don't believe his body should have been desecrated, as that give ammo to these people; however, I think he should have been cremated, and his ashes dropped over Tikrit, or some other place. It's 'respectful' to a degree he himself never would have been, but at the same time, eliminates a place for the local worshippers to congregate.

No worries. I feel the same way you do, believe me. But...no sense in giving the SOB's yet another 'martyr', ya know?

SuN, the bias evident in that Washington Post bit jumps right out at me. God forbid they be 'judgemental', right? Except...that they are, when it comes to all sorts of other things.

I weep for what this country is becoming, and fear for my children and grandchildren's future if any more democrats gain national office. We lose more and more freedoms every single day to creeping nannystatism and those who vote for Democrats only want to increase that. Anyone voting for a 'dem' is someone who likely wants to take everything YOU have worked for and mortgage your kids future as well.
    v/r
    The Malignant Leprechaun

NEWSFLASH!!! Saddam sends back report regarding his 'virgins.'
    Banner Headline reads, "IT'S A TRICK!!!"
    The text reads........., "Yes, it is a trick. There are NOT 72 virgins! There are virgins...but they are 72 yrs. old! They are all like identical twins! 72 yrs. old, 200 lbs. overwieght, grayish colored wrinkly skin, balding. Their breasts hang down to their waists. They are nearly blind, and all are hard of hearing. They have bad breath and very few teeth. They constantly whine and complain, and their libido measures 'zero.' Other than that...they're great!

drumcorpssnare

Ding Dong! The Witch is dead. Which old Witch? The Wicked Witch!
    Ding Dong! The Wicked Witch is dead.
    Wake up - sleepy head, rub your eyes, get out of bed.
    Wake up, the Wicked Witch is dead. She's gone where the goblins go,
    Below - below - below. Yo-ho, let's open up and sing and ring the bells out.
    Ding Dong' the merry-oh, sing it high, sing it low.
    Let them know
    The Wicked Witch is dead!

Ah! There is great joy in the Emerald City and throughout the land of OZ this New Year, the wicked witch of the east has finally been hung out to dry. The Wizard and all of the residents of the Emerald City are toasting each other and riding their horses of a different color to the far corners of the metropolis, even the good witch of the north has cause to celebrate, for it is to her the wizard will pass the torch of benevolence. She will save the munchkins from themselves. On the other hand, the Winkies (residents of the east), although freed of the evil witch’s grasp are still under the shadow of the former tyrants rule (they have always had, and needed, Draconian leaders).

Semper Fi

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MOUNTAINWILLIAM
    Ding Dong! The Witch is dead. Which old Witch? The Wicked Witch!
    Ding Dong! The Wicked Witch is dead.
    Wake up - sleepy head, rub your eyes, get out of bed.
    Wake up, the Wicked Witch is dead. She's gone where the goblins go,
    Below - below - below. Yo-ho, let's open up and sing and ring the bells out.
    Ding Dong' the merry-oh, sing it high, sing it low.
    Let them know
    The Wicked Witch is dead!

Ah! There is great joy in the Emerald City and throughout the land of OZ this New Year, the wicked witch of the east has finally been hung out to dry. The Wizard and all of the residents of the Emerald City are toasting each other and riding their horses of a different color to the far corners of the metropolis, even the good witch of the north has cause to celebrate, for it is to her the wizard will pass the torch of benevolence. She will save the munchkins from themselves. On the other hand, the Winkies (residents of the east), although freed of the evil witch’s grasp are still under the shadow of the former tyrants rule (they have always had, and needed, Draconian leaders).

Semper Fi
    I feel no joy seeing Saddam hang.

sure he's a villain but he's done nothing to America.

Osama Bin Laden on the other hand needs to die a slow and painful death. And this is the first time I've wished that on another person.

Oddly I felt no joy over saddams' execution either. What I felt was relief; relief that he would no longer be a hope and rallying point for the baath party or sunni muslims. Saying he did no harm to America is like saying "I've never been bitten by a rattlesnake". Given the chance saddam would have done all in his power to harm us. You cannot defeat an enemy like him and continue to let them rule. He should have been taken out the first time around, thus saving everyone a lot of trouble. Leaving him where he was at, with the vast resouces available to him, was an invitation to disaster. Fortunately he couldn't keep his head down, bide his time, and strike us when we weren't looking. He was too arrogant for that and we should be thankful for small favors. With his death, along with his psycho sons, the world is a little (very little) better off. And, hopefully, this is one more major step in our bringing Iraq to self sufficiency and getting our troops back home.

Credits
    Savings
    DW, I couldn't agree more. I really believe that had he been taken out during the Storm, we wouldn't be in this quagmire right now.

As afar as Saddam being hanged, I couldn't help but break out the old John Anderson album, craking a cold one, and enjoy listening to "Swingin"!!!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by D W George
    Oddly I felt no joy over saddams' execution either. What I felt was relief; relief that he would no longer be a hope and rallying point for the baath party or sunni muslims. Saying he did no harm to America is like saying "I've never been bitten by a rattlesnake". Given the chance saddam would have done all in his power to harm us. You cannot defeat an enemy like him and continue to let them rule. He should have been taken out the first time around, thus saving everyone a lot of trouble. Leaving him where he was at, with the vast resouces available to him, was an invitation to disaster. Fortunately he couldn't keep his head down, bide his time, and strike us when we weren't looking. He was too arrogant for that and we should be thankful for small favors. With his death, along with his psycho sons, the world is a little (very little) better off. And, hopefully, this is one more major step in our bringing Iraq to self sufficiency and getting our troops back home.

Had we taken him our during Desert Storm, we'd simply be in this quagmire 10 years ago instad of now.

Quote Originally Posted by SuNmAN
    Had we taken him our during Desert Storm, we'd simply be in this quagmire 10 years ago instad of now.
    What makes you consider this a quagmire? Troops I've talked to seem to be in a different engagement than the one the NYT is involved in. Memories are very short around here; After the World Trade Ctr. the Pres. said we are involved in a fight that might take generations and definitely would not be short term. Had we ignored the un, and finished the job the first time, the devastation already suffered by the Iraqis at that time should have been sufficient to create a very different situation than the one we've allowed ourselves to become involved in.
    There are times I really wonder about your commitment to the Corps.

Thread Information