Why the Marines? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Honor, Integrity, Respect....

This was a thread started by the Staff Sergeant awhile back, and was even moved back to the top when a few Poolees and Depers started thinking they owned this place. I suggest you read it, and then answer your own question of what the Staff Sergeant would have done in that situation. IF I graduate Boot, I just pray to the Good Lord that I may never share a foxhole with you.

Yours in Intensity,

Joe

Haile,

Under your profile, "Wars and Conflicts you were in, if any".....

Your reply...."HAVEN'T HAD THE PLEASURE"....

This is why I wouldn't want to share a foxhole with you, or have you in my fathers' Corps: You are merely a child in maturity, and your posts reflect that; as well as a deep root to the "individual" (sounds like someone else we know on the boards...). I challenge you to research a war, any war, excluding movies or tv. You will soon find out that war is anything BUT a pleasure. It seems like you have learned nothing since joining the site, and it is a shame. A shame that you are wasting Marines' time and your own.

Yours,

Joe

Man Oh Man

Where in the Hell are we going with this?

Poolee Alexander Haile Stand Down will ya?

Thanks firstsgtmike for the Post. Glad you finally made it to the Family. Fi Marine

firstsgtmike
    Guest Free Member
    JAMarine,

"Thanks firstsgtmike for the Post. Glad you finally made it to the Family. Fi Marine"

I've got a problem with the comment. Would you care to explain it?

Post it or pm it. I'll take it either way.

Legal jargon

First of all, you have 6 more years before you are out of the water. You forgot that all felonys have a 7 year statute of limitations. If this guy really wants to be a driviling prick, which he probably will want to be, he will wait a few more years and then come after you.

Second of all, young rowdy devil pup, don't EVER lose your cool in the fleet because it could spell the end of your career.

Third, that a**wipe gives officers a bad name and all of those who aspire to be an officer. I don't know what it is like for AF officers, but from what I've heard, I've got a long road ahead of me before I call myself "Officer of Marines". That means I have to wait another 3 years before i can call myself "Marine" and then, I am a Marine without rank for an entire year before I am commissioned. I am slighly envious of you enlisted personnel, you can claim the title in 3 months.

Last, you are right, enlisted people are the backhone, but the officers are the spinal cord. Both need each other to survive and work efficently.

This brass pup is out
    -Artemis

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Question

Last post on subject.......
    Is there no such thing as harmless joke? If I have offended anyone, I'm sorry. But that's the way I was brought up... Never hurt a woman, Never disrespect the flag or the country it stands for, Never say your perfect, Never get into politics, Never punch someone unless he throws the first punch (With the exception of pansies, who you know will never swing at you, and everyone else there has got your back in the situation.) And NEVER, EVER Drink and Drive! (It's just dumb.) That's how my father brought me up... If it's the wrong way, then so be it. I probably can't be changed. My father lived by his rules all his life. It worked for him, and yes, times have changed. Fighting isn't what it used to be. They used to let you take fights outside, were you could do all but kill eachother. Now, even if it's on your own lawn, they'll put you in hand-cuffs, take you downtown, and fine you $550.00+!!! (At least in Dallas they do.) I'm not saying what I did was right just because it fits my rules to life, but it's what I did, I'm okay so far. Everyone who was there still hates him. No one's going to be his witness. Unless he's got a video of me hitting him, he aint got a thing to go on. And to tell you the truth, at that party there were probably twenty to thirty other guys I know who would've done the same thing I did, if not a worse thing. So in a way, I might have helped him... Who knows what a few of those guys would've done. I only wanted to slug him. The other guys, some, are close to 250lbs.! They could've ate him! But anyways.... It's what I did. He was a jerk, and now he knows what will happen if he continues to act like that. Now, if I ever saw him later on in life, and he were an officer, I wouldn't hit him no matter what he said. That would be extremely dumb! But he'd better not come in my house and say those things like he did before. That's too much for me, wether your a little pansy jerk, or a general. Besides, I doubt a person such as himself would ever become an officer. He really isn't the type. I grew up around officers from all services. (Except my father.) All of the officers in my family would never talk bad about enlisted personel in general like that. They would only talk bad about a certain enlisted person, and only if he really was bad. But they'd never do what he did. (Then again, all the officers I know may be just one of the many types of officers.) In fact, from what I hear, this guy hasn't even begun to talk to his recruiter. He may have changed his mind??? I hope he hasn't. He should enlist, but with a new attitude. I think that anyone, even him, with the proper motivation, training, and experience, can become a welcomed member to the military. If I were to meet him later in life, no matter what his rank be, and he were to have a new opinion on enlisted personel, I might even invite him over to my house for dinner. (Although he might be reluctant to attend this time.) I dispised what he said, I dispised who he was, but hopefuly he has changed, or will change. Let's just leave it at this... I was being mean, to be nice.

Hoping for understanding, or at least support...
    Cadet Sgt. Alexander Haile USMCROTC
    Semper Fidelis, E Pluribus Unum

PS: Enlisted personel, to me, are the base as well as the backcone. (I really don't know why I'm bringing this up again???) Officers, to me, appear as more of a brains, eyes, ears, lungs sort of thing. (Now that I read this, I feel like I sound stupid?!? It sounded so right in my head?!? Oh well.)

In combat it is different. You learn to react to a reaction.
    To be a Marine is to have Pride and Honor. You have to earn it.
    To slug someone for saying something stupid is stupid. If he was to insult your pride or honor, you don't hit him once you kick his ass.

I joined in 67. Today I'm still a MARINE with pride and honor, always will be.

Semper Fi

Credits
    Savings

Thumbs up

Response...

That makes good sense. But he didn't really insult "my" pride, just that of my father. And no one does that! My father is the No.1 person in my life, so if anyone insults him, his service, his pride & honor, his intellegence, his son, his rank, and even his football team, they have to answer to me. Not all insults will be followed by a slug, maybe just some very unkind words. Also, you are correct, in battle things are different. You do learn to react to what happens around you. That is what I did. What was happening was he was letting his mouth get ahead of him, so I responded by catching it with my knuckles for him. (I made sure his mouth was tightly secured to his face.) Thanks for the insight Sgt. Schultz. Semper Fidelis

Listen up Alexander

I know you may view it as a harmless joke, but the truth is there is no such thing as a harmless physical joke in this day and age. You may be wondering, "What does she know about law?" Well I serve as lead prosecution for Youth Court in my area and I've had cases from drug dealing to assult and battery. The assult and battery ones are the best, and you want to know why? The defendent always has something along the lines of "Well he/she talked smack about my mother, sister, brother, etc. and I lost my cool and hit him/her, but it's ok because everyone hates him or I was defending that person's honor" Well, Alexander, that doesn't cut it in the court of law because even if that person is being an a** you have to be the bigger person and NOT HIT THEM. Get in their face and make them put a load in their pants, but don't hit them because in this day and age, people sue. I had to prosecute a 13 year old for getting into a school yard fight and the parents sued and wanted a restraining order put against that kid...over LUNCH MONEY!

Now, I am not taking sides with that driviling weasel, I'm just saying cool it hard charger because two wrongs are only the beginning.

-Artemis

In any case, you don't post the incident or details of the incident on a public forum on the internet whether yer right right or wrong!

UHHHH- I tried Viaga once without a prescription-is that a felony???
    Just tryin to lighten the thread a little folks.

Cool ATTENTION ON DECK..................

Enough is enough..........No matter what we say , he is always right and we are wrong.........He justifies all his actions, stating he is right and everybody else is wrong........We are just wasting our valuable time with this subject........Where as we could we helping those who need our help and want it........

The Drifter

Credits
    Savings
    Images

HAILE.... (not deserving of a title or salutation!)

Young man you have many lessons in life to learn yet. Based on some of your postings, I would say you have know idea what the words HONOR, COURAGE and COMMITMENT mean.

Honor = Respecting someone's decision to join another branch of service. Acknowledge the fact that the other person at least volunteered to serve in a military service.

Courage = The ability to summon strength to resist beating up this person for a choice that obviously had no impact on your life, safety or security. Also the ability to look beyond the mere words this person made have used in attempts to anger you.

Commitment = Staying true to the ideals and principles that separate Marines from everyone else. By dropping down to the level you have, you have shown no commitment to uphold our values or image.

I suggest you rethink your ways.

I only wish I knew where you were a cadet and who was in charge of that outfit. Then I could share with them your post and showcase you as a prime example of "Leadership gone wrong."

Credits
    Savings
    With all due respect, SSgt. Drifter, sir. I don't justify my actions, I just execute them. While others would rather justify themselves standing there and taking it.

Can you say, "OOPS"?

Thread Information