Replacement for the M-16? - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings

Running Around Like A Chicken With Its Head Cut Off

Quote Originally Posted by SkilletsUSMC
    Our Snipers claim they shot the head clean off an insurgent who was high on Coke and Adrenaline. they say he took off running 6-7 paces before dropping. I didnt see it myself so its not really that trustworthy. But it is true that when all jacked up the body can take a pretty hard licking and keep on ticking.
    Have you ever seen a chicken run after its head is cut off ?

say what you will about tht stopping power, or lack there of in the M16's 5.56 round or the Beretta M9 9mm. I don't know too many individuals that can take a round or two in the heart or head and keep rockin' and rollin'. One Shot, One Kill. A .40, .45, .357, .300 or .50 does no go good if you can put it on targer.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    RIGHT~ON ECHO 5,HERE'S A MARINE, THAT KNOW'S WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT!SENDING IT TO THE CORRECT ADDRESS IS THE KEY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Echo5November
    say what you will about tht stopping power, or lack there of in the M16's 5.56 round or the Beretta M9 9mm. I don't know too many individuals that can take a round or two in the heart or head and keep rockin' and rollin'. One Shot, One Kill. A .40, .45, .357, .300 or .50 does no go good if you can put it on targer.
    Barring a trained sniper, I don't know many people that can achieve a "one shot one kill" consistently against a running target

but then again, what do I know.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    One shot, one kill is good theory. With the right gun and right shooter.

Those of us who have seen shot people know that one round doesn't always get the job done. In fact, I wouldn't bet my life on one shot doing the job with any handgun caliber or an 5.56mm round. God put burst selectors on M-16s for a reason.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun

And, really, what are criminals but insurgents using a different name, anyway? Some of the urban areas in this country today are no different than Al Anbar province, and probably have a higher body count per annum than some of the other Iraqi provinces. Heck, would you want to walk through SouthEast DC at 0100 in the AM? How about Cabrini Green? Watts?
    Too true, bro. A lot of Detroit cops I know considered themselves more an army of occupation, not a police force.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    SONNY~ARE YOU A RIFLEMAN? EITHER WAY,YOU BETTER GET IN AS MUCH PRACTICE AS YOU CAN;ON THOSE RUNNING TARGET'S!IT MIGHT HELP YOU TAKE OUT SOME OF THAT WHITE~TRASH,YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT!(LOL)

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    OH BY THE WAY,ZULU;HAVE YOU EVER BEEN SHOT???

Quote Originally Posted by FISTFU68
    SONNY~ARE YOU A RIFLEMAN? EITHER WAY,YOU BETTER GET IN AS MUCH PRACTICE AS YOU CAN;ON THOSE RUNNING TARGET'S!IT MIGHT HELP YOU TAKE OUT SOME OF THAT WHITE~TRASH,YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT!(LOL)
    7.62=One shot-one kill

5.56=multiple shots-one mortally wounded and ****ed off jihadist with a frag in his pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by FISTFU68

lol white trash?

I personally know none

99% of my friends are white

all the girls I've dated and have been interested in are white

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    My take on the differences is this. One well aimed round from a 5.56 weapon produces an injury serious enough that it requires the attention of a medic and then 2 more of your enemy to carry him out. You have effectively taken 4 enemy soldiers out of the fight with one little bullet.

One well aimed round from a 7.62 and the medic redistributes the ammo and tosses a poncho over the dead. An M-14 sure is a nice weapon and it weighs a little over 14 pounds. An M-16 is a nice weapon and it weighs just under 8 pounds. Pick up the book "A Soldiers Load".

I still like the 1.00cal. Gatling!
    drumcorpssnare

Credits
    Savings

Question

Quote Originally Posted by drumcorpssnare
    I still like the 1.00cal. Gatling!
    drumcorpssnare
    Mark, what about your Custer .45/70 Springfield, you can actually see the bullet from point to point, a regular freight train !

SF
    10thz

10thz- That 45-70 trap-door wasn't all it was cracked up to be. The rolling-block or drop-block versions were much better. I put many rounds down range from my 45-70, and I enjoyed every one of them! It will drop an elk where he stands. And prairie dogs just explode from the hydrostatic shock!
    Of course I was partial to my mountain howitzer with a 3" bore. I used to buy worn-out ball bearings from drilling rigs that were stainless steel. Hung a 2'x2' square 'gong' at 100 paces, and after a few tries, hit it with that 5lb. ball. It wrinkled up that 1/4" diamond plate like it was a sheet of paper, AND ripped it off the chains and threw it another 50yds. down-range! NICE!

Too bad Custer didn't listen...
    drumcorpssnare

Bulkyker-----In every war the Marine Corps has been in from WW2 to presant the enemy we have faced don't care about there wounded untill after the fighting is over. Then they use a meat hook to pull they away.

Thread Information