2 weeks until I ship, and reality is really beginning to set in
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2 weeks until I ship, and reality is really beginning to set in

I don't want to come off as some wimp, so please bear with me while you read this.

There are people at home who have changed my life and if not for them I never would have been able to join the Marine Corps, which is why i'm pretty emotional about this. Well for the past 3 years when I really got serious about wanting to become a Marine, all I did was eat, sleep, drink Marine Corps 24/7.

Well now my ship date is only 2 weeks away and reality has really set in for me. All I could think about was moto stuff and anything and everything to do with the Marines, but now that i'm about to ship the reality that i'm going to really be gone has set in. All I can think about are the people who I am going to miss, the people that dramatically changed my life who mean everything in the world to me and all I can do is think about how much I am going to miss them and miss seeing them everyday.

I'm going to especially miss one person in particular, and that person is the one who is responsible for me losing 80 pounds. I was basically with him everyday for the past few YEARS and I love him like a brother. Just the fact that he changed my life and I was with him everyday literally for years, the thought that all of this will cease to exist in 2 weeks is painful for me to think about.

I know that i'll see everyone on my 10 days of leave standing tall in my Dress Blues and everyone will be incredibly proud and all that and i'll be able to come home mabye once a month on weekends or when we get a 96 or something.

I guess this is all just a part of the pre-shipping jitters and I know countless Marines who have gone before me thought about similar things like I am, i've just kind of been in the dumps about this today and just had to get this off my chest by making this post.

Best of luck to you.
    I didn't really get to know you well during my time here, but your posts are always very moto. I know some of the poolees leaving this January in my RSS are also getting jitters. They're also very excited about it. Hope to see you back as a Marine soon!

Just wait before you have 2 hours before you ship.

Sit back and breath they'll still be there for you and be your friends even though you won't be next to them there still your friends just think you just gave them a reason to go on vacation to see you... Just relax everything will be fine.... have a couple beers that always help.....

Good luck Accord, you're posts here have always been extremely informative and motivating. I wish the best of luck to you and hope to see you back here in three months with even more words of wisdom.

Spend the next 2 weeks getting jungle-loved

I ship in 3 days and its like its not really brothering me like its bothering others. I rarly dont think about it. But i could tell you this Accord good luck and when we return we return as US Marines!

I know just how you feel. I leave Jan. 15th and I'm starting to get pretty anxious myself. I dont think we may have the same type of friends but what helps me is knowing that my friends are gonna be doing the same stuff while I'm gone and not have much to show for it but I'm gonna come back with an EGA, a set of dress blues and untoppable pride.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Relax Accord. Just remember that those closest to you want you to earn the Eagle Globe and Anchor almost as much as you do. They count themselves as blessed to know you. They want to see you in Dress Blues.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Dang John your going to be a nervous wreck by the time your down to one and a wake up lol. Just remember that many, many, many have gone before you and that you are no different than them and they all felt the same. You have many close to you and far away from you that support you and know that you will make them and yourself proud. Now chill out and enjoy your last few days as a civilian, you have worked hard for a long time now its time for a short break. This will be your last break so go for it OK?

OORAH!!!

Jim

Accord,

No need to stress. Enjoy your time while you are home and look forward to doing what you have to do.

Your friends, who are your true friends will always be there for you..

Good luck and God Speed.

Accord, its normal. I didn't get nervous weeks before I shipped, but then I didn't know weeks before I shipped.

You'll be fine. You're ready. It is true that your relationships with your friends will change. But, you will build friendships with people that will be rooted in something that will last a lifetime. There are people that I served with that I talk to daily. There are others that I talk to often, maybe on a weekly basis. Some of them got out just a few months after I hit th fleet, so it has been a long time since we served together. But, we'd still go to war for each other. You'll have the same relationships.

Thanks everyone. I don't know, I was just kind of in the dumps about the realization that in 2 weeks everything and everyone as I know it will be gone so to speak, but this thread really helped and i'm feeling good about everything now.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    YOU WILL NOT HAVE TIME TOO,MISS;ANYONE SON!YOU'R DAY'S WILL ALREADY BE PLANNED OUT FOR YOU!EVERY ATTENTION TO DETAIL,WILL BE HANDLED FOR YOU,ALL YOU HAVE TOO DO IS KEEP YOU'R HEAD & AZZ WIRED TOGETHER!!!HAVE FUN,&GOOD LUCK~IF YOU PUT HALF AS MUCH;EFFORT INTO YOU'R BOOT~CAMP EXPERIENCE,AS YOU DID YOU'R WEIGHT, I SEE HONOR MAN ON THE HORIZON FOR YOU!(HELL THEY CAN KILL YOU,BUT THEY CAN'T EAT YOU) LOL!!!

Accord I know me and you had some healthy debates on this site and you will do fine at boot camp. Just don't let me down, bring home that EGA and remember there are lots of people who wish they could be in your shoes. Good luck Poolee, I hope to hear from you when you graduate.

Jordon

Thread Information