Longest confirmed kill.... - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by FISTFU68
    THAT STILL HAPPEN'S,#10;EVERY SATURDAY NIGHT!IN THE ALLEY'S OFF OF RUSH STREET!!!MERRY~CHRISTMAS~MARINE!
    Yeah, its been awhile since I was down there. The daughter had a would be purse snatcher on Rush awhile ago, lol. She's a black belt in Japanese full contact karate. Her then boyfriend that was with her, just got his murder conviction overturned with his mothers life insurance. He was doing time in Statesville. Shesh, I don't know where the hell she finds these guys the purse snatcher is still wondering too

Marry Christmas Marine

SF
    10thz

Quote Originally Posted by 10thzodiac
    You guys are taking the fun out of it, what ever happened to the .22 behind the ear ?
    We ain't the Mafia bud, although the 5.56mm is a .22 caliber bullet.

Credits
    Savings

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by RLeon
    We ain't the Mafia bud, although the 5.56mm is a .22 caliber bullet.
    RLeon: We ain't the Mafia bud

10thz: General Smedley D. Butler did say the Marines are gangsters for capitalism. http://www.fas.org/man/smedley.htm

RLeon: Although the 5.56 is a .22 caliber bullet.

10thz: My 5 years in the corps all we were told was that the M-1 rifle and the machine gun were .30 caliber M-1.

After I left the Corps I purchased a M-1 Garand from the DCM. I then went to the local gun store to buy some .30 caliber ammo for it, I know by now the old timers reading this post are laughing knowing what happened. The clerk was a young smart ass off-duty cop that told me that I didn't know what the fuk I was talking about. Do you ?

SF
    10thz

RLeon: We ain't the Mafia bud

10thz: General Smedley D. Butler did say the Marines are gangsters for capitalism. http://www.fas.org/man/smedley.htm
    Good grief, are you the president of the Smedley Butler Fan Club?

10thz: My 5 years in the corps all we were told was that the M-1 rifle and the machine gun were .30 caliber M-1.

After I left the Corps I purchased a M-1 Garand from the DCM. I then went to the local gun store to buy some .30 caliber ammo for it, I know by now the old timers reading this post are laughing knowing what happened. The clerk was a young smart ass off-duty cop that told me that I didn't know what the fuk I was talking about. Do you ?

SF
    10thz
    Gee, I don't know, maybe you should have been more specific to the clerk as to which .30 caliber you needed.
    The M1 Garand uses the 30-06 which is a .30 caliber. The M14 uses a 7.62 x 51mm which is basically a .30 caliber(roughly .308) bullet as well, so does the AK47 (7.62x39mm). Maybe the cop thought you were trying to get .30 caliber M1 carbine ammo for a Garand.

Credits
    Savings

Thumbs up

Good grief, are you the president of the Smedley Butler Fan Club?

Gee, I don't know, maybe you should have been more specific to the clerk as to which .30 caliber you needed.
    The M1 Garand uses the 30-06 which is a .30 caliber. The M14 uses a 7.62 x 51mm which is basically a .30 caliber(roughly .308) bullet as well, so does the AK47 (7.62x39mm). Maybe the cop thought you were trying to get .30 caliber M1 carbine ammo for a Garand.
    Another Ted Williams .400

Merry Christmas Marine

SF
    10thz

The 30---06,,308,30-30, 300win.mag, ak47 and anything that says "30 cal." is 7.62mm. It is the case that is differnt. All of them are very good.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I believe that Carlos Hathcock shot an NVA soldier off of a moving bicycle from 1.4 miles away. Check out this site http://oldbluejacket.com/CarlosHathcock.htm

Bulkyker-------------That is right. He used the M-2 50 cal., sandbaged in on a try pod. He used a Unertal scope. This was on hill 55. The Unertal scope has some history behind it. The guy that made the Unertal scope was John ( I think) Unertal. He was a german sniper in WW1 He killed over 700 of us good guys. After the war he came to America and bought out a scope company I can't remember the name and changed the name to "Unertal Scope Co. It is still going today. His scopes were used in WW2, Korea, Vietnam and evin now. Our Marine Corps still useing them. You will not tuch one of them for under $2700.00. I beleve they are the best made scopes you can buy today.

Just FYI, the Marine Corps is NOT using the Unertal brand scopes any longer. Ever since he died the company has continously gone down hill and the scopes craftsmanship have gone to crap. Currently the Marine Corps has put the new Schmidt & Bender 3.5 x 12.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOK I have learned something new today. This day is not a tottle loss. Thankyou STA0311

Okay, hate to be the killjoy, but the Canucks broke Hathcock's 35 year old record in Afganistan, but the conditions and the way that Hathcock got his shot showed more skill and good 'ol American ingenuity than the Canadian snipers.
    The show Mythbusters tried to replicate the "bullet through the scope" shot that Hathcock used to take out a rival sniper. They couldn't, so they called it a busted myth...but Carlos Hathcock was a man of honor and integrity, so if he said he did it, that's gospel.

As discussed on other boards though...Mythbusters did not use the same gear. So they can not totally deny that it happened.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The show Mythbusters tried to replicate the "bullet through the scope" shot that Hathcock used to take out a rival sniper. They couldn't, so they called it a busted myth...but Carlos Hathcock was a man of honor and integrity, so if he said he did it, that's gospel.
    Mythbusters made a mistake in their attempt to replicate Hathcock's shot (if it was Hathcock's shot they were doing). Mythbusters used a long hunting type scope. The communist scope Hathcock shot through is shorter than the Mythbuster's scopes and has less glass internally.

If anyone remembers the movie "Enemy at the Gates" about the Battle of Stalingrad, the rifle/scope combinations used by the Soviet snipers was the type Hathcock shot against (see photo below).

Plus, Hathcock recovered the rifle/scope and brought it back to his base intending to keep it after the intel people looked it over. It disappeared from there.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I was lucky enough to serve with Carlos Hathcock III. I saw him put on SSgt and his dad recieve the Silver Star. Both of them always said Devil dog just call me Carlos and that is fine with me.

Early on when coaching asked Carlos III for help on a shooter. I said this guy is a train wreck..... he walked over and calmly said muzzle to toe, this guy can shoot if you can show him how.

Thread Information