Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

The Libs Will Jump On This

Insurgents offer U.S. 30-day truce to get out of Iraq

December 22, 2006

Story Highlights

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- The leader of an umbrella organization for Iraqi insurgent groups is offering the United States a one-month truce to withdraw all U.S. forces from Iraq and turn over its military bases "to the mujahedeen of the Islamic state."

In an audiotape posted on Islamic Web sites Friday, a speaker identified as Abu Omar al-Baghdadi, the leader of the Mujahideen Shura Council, said that if U.S. forces begin withdrawing from Iraq immediately and leave their heavy weaponry behind, "we will allow your withdrawal to complete without anyone targeting you with any explosive or anything else."

"We say to Bush not to waste this historic opportunity that will guarantee you a safe withdrawal," al-Baghdadi said on the audiotape.

The United States was given two weeks to respond to the offer.

The Mujahideen Shura Council is an umbrella group formed in late 2005 that includes several terrorist and insurgent groups, including al Qaeda in Iraq.

On the audiotape, al-Baghdadi also called on officers from the former Iraqi army to join an "army of the Islamic state," promising them a house and a salary as long as they pass a "test of faith" intended to demonstrate the extent of their "hatred" for Saddam Hussein and his regime.

The U.S. military Friday reported five U.S. troop deaths, while Iraqi authorities reported the discovery of a dozen bodies and the kidnapping of a Sunni imam in Baghdad.

One soldier was killed and another wounded when attackers targeted a coalition patrol west of the capital, the U.S. military said. Three Marines and a sailor assigned to Regimental Combat Team 7 died Thursday from wounds suffered during combat in Anbar province, the military also said.

The deaths bring the December U.S. military death toll to 73 and the overall total during the war to 2,955; seven U.S. contractors also have been killed.

A Poolee sent me this link and I felt it worthy for the forum. I have to say its a new wrinkle for the enemy. I can hear Murtha and Kerry championing this offer now. What say ya'll lmfao? I say remove our troops now and let the bombs rain down. The terrorists still dont understand that we dont negociate with terrorists at least not until the democrats are officially in power. I can hear Pelosi now saying lets do it they arent asking for much.

Jim

Credits
    Savings
    I know who will go for it more that the Lib's !

Our men and women and their families who are going to bleed, die and suffer if we don't !

As distasteful as it may be, they will still have to sell their oil to us and we will still have to buy it from them !

Al Quidea knows we can send another 50,000 troops for 5 months but not five years.

Let's cut our loses, the Russians did !

SF
    10thz

Can only hope that was not a real response! (above)

The U.S, negotiate with terrorists.....and follow the Russian lead??!?!?!?

I have to go take my crazy medication!

Credits
    Savings

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardLawrence
    Can only hope that was not a real response! (above)

The U.S, negotiate with terrorists.....and follow the Russian lead??!?!?!?

I have to go take my crazy medication!
    It was as real as a heart attack ! Just as real as all the Americans who are going to die and be maimed over there if we don't.

Does anybody here really think this is a winnable war, when we cant even keep 50,000 more troops in Iraq longer than six months ?

I might be crazy, but I'm not stupid (anymore) !

Just wait......we'll see who is crazy

You heard of Vietnam ?

SF
    10thz

Quote Originally Posted by jinelson
    Insurgents offer U.S. 30-day truce to get out of Iraq

December 22, 2006

Story Highlights

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- The leader of an umbrella organization for Iraqi insurgent groups is offering the United States a one-month truce to withdraw all U.S. forces from Iraq and turn over its military bases "to the mujahedeen of the Islamic state."

In an audiotape posted on Islamic Web sites Friday, a speaker identified as Abu Omar al-Baghdadi, the leader of the Mujahideen Shura Council, said that if U.S. forces begin withdrawing from Iraq immediately and leave their heavy weaponry behind, "we will allow your withdrawal to complete without anyone targeting you with any explosive or anything else."

"We say to Bush not to waste this historic opportunity that will guarantee you a safe withdrawal," al-Baghdadi said on the audiotape.

The United States was given two weeks to respond to the offer.

The Mujahideen Shura Council is an umbrella group formed in late 2005 that includes several terrorist and insurgent groups, including al Qaeda in Iraq.

On the audiotape, al-Baghdadi also called on officers from the former Iraqi army to join an "army of the Islamic state," promising them a house and a salary as long as they pass a "test of faith" intended to demonstrate the extent of their "hatred" for Saddam Hussein and his regime.

The U.S. military Friday reported five U.S. troop deaths, while Iraqi authorities reported the discovery of a dozen bodies and the kidnapping of a Sunni imam in Baghdad.

One soldier was killed and another wounded when attackers targeted a coalition patrol west of the capital, the U.S. military said. Three Marines and a sailor assigned to Regimental Combat Team 7 died Thursday from wounds suffered during combat in Anbar province, the military also said.

The deaths bring the December U.S. military death toll to 73 and the overall total during the war to 2,955; seven U.S. contractors also have been killed.

A Poolee sent me this link and I felt it worthy for the forum. I have to say its a new wrinkle for the enemy. I can hear Murtha and Kerry championing this offer now. What say ya'll lmfao? I say remove our troops now and let the bombs rain down. The terrorists still dont understand that we dont negociate with terrorists at least not until the democrats are officially in power. I can hear Pelosi now saying lets do it they arent asking for much.

Jim
    HELL NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELL NO 1000 TIMES !!!

If we withdraw, we withdraw ON OUR OWN TERMS !!! NOT SURRENDER TO THE TERRORISTS !!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Whoah sweet jumpin jarheads did that come out of your mouth SuNmAN? If it did there may still be hope for you perhaps I need to reevaluate you.

Jim

Credits
    Savings

Exclamation Put up or shut up

Quote Originally Posted by SuNmAN

HELL NO 1000 TIMES !!!

If we withdraw, we withdraw ON OUR OWN TERMS !!! NOT SURRENDER TO THE TERRORISTS !!
    The Army guys are complaining two tours are enough and refusing to do three, maybe if you feel that strong about what you wish for others to do, you'll put your education on hold. I'm sure they can find an opening for a young single hard charger like you.

Look at it as an opportunity, that is, if you want to become a field grade officer, you will have to have combat experience before they will give you that gold oak leaf !

God speed, we'll be rooting for our man, Major SuNmAN !

Bring Usama's head back on a stick for us !

SF
    10thz

RESPONSE IN RED BELOW.....

Quote Originally Posted by 10thzodiac
    It was as real as a heart attack !
    Okay, I will bite.....

Just as real as all the Americans who are going to die and be maimed over there if we don't.
    Can you imagine the horrors that would continue when some two-bit thugs strong arm the greatest military power in the world to surrender...or leave in exchange for our troops????!!!

Does anybody here really think this is a winnable war, when we cant even keep 50,000 more troops in Iraq longer than six months ?

I would say winnable, or at least leavable where we can do some good and save face in the process of completing something! If only we could quiet those who have a 3 minute attention span. Those that cannot read anything longer than a comic strip, or those who can listen no longer than a sound byte....

I might be crazy, but I'm not stupid (anymore) !

I respect your right to say what you feel. The implication was that your response made me crazy. Sorry if it came off a different way. I think you are misguided.....

Just wait......we'll see who is crazy

You heard of Vietnam ?
    (Sarcastically asks:
    Was that a stew or something at the new Thai restaurant?)

Serioulsy, ...Um....Yes, I have heard of it. I believe the same forces were at play there with a disinterested, weary public who needed to be coddled. My advice would be either pay attention to the whole story...or stay away from the issue.

I will wait and see, but I also think the winner of this thing will be "playing guns' on our soil if we don't win this one now....and if we bow to the playground bullies it will be the end of a Republic.....

SF
    10thz

HELL NO 1000 TIMES !!!

BINGO!

Quote Originally Posted by jinelson
    Whoah sweet jumpin jarheads did that come out of your mouth SuNmAN? If it did there may still be hope for you perhaps I need to reevaluate you.

Jim

If we withdraw, so be it, but we will do so on our own terms, NOT because those pussies "gave us a chance to".

Quote Originally Posted by 10thzodiac
    The Army guys are complaining two tours are enough and refusing to do three, maybe if you feel that strong about what you wish for others to do, you'll put your education on hold. I'm sure they can find an opening for a young single hard charger like you.

Look at it as an opportunity, that is, if you want to become a field grade officer, you will have to have combat experience before they will give you that gold oak leaf !

God speed, we'll be rooting for our man, Major SuNmAN !

Bring Usama's head back on a stick for us !

SF
    10thz

Geez comments from some of you irritate me so much at times, but I'm not going to bite...I will remain tactful.

Listen dude,

You're so caught up in your holier-than-thou left wing rhetoric you don't see the possible repercussions of our actions.

If we withdraw just because the terrorists are offering us a 30 day time frame, or a "truce" to do so - what will result???

1. This action would amount to essentially a public concession that we have been defeated in the War on Terrorism. Terrorism is not America's Enemy, terrorism and Islamic extremism are the enemies of MANKIND.

If we concede defeat, what will happen to the many other nations and states who are still struggling against terrorism?

Well, let me ask you this - Down 24-21 early 4th quarter, if the star quarterback of your football team announces in the huddle that we have no chance of winning the game, do you think the team will play the remaining of the game with heart??

We are the quarterback of the world, and the states of the free world are our teammates. If we make such a public concession of defeat, withdrawing from Iraq on THE TERMS OF THE ENEMY, the War on terrorism will have been lost.

2. Where will the United States stand diplomatically?? Will we still have the face to call ourselves the leaders of the free world, after we publicly cave in to the demands of the extremists. Will George Bush (or our future Presidents of the United States) be able to sit down with leaders of Britain, France, Japan, NATO and the UN and ask them to follow America's lead in the War of Terrorism after the shame of such an obvious admittance of defeat????

3. What about the Iraqi people??? Do we leave them to the hungry mouths of Muslim extremists? Letting them establish a Taliban-esque radical Islamic state except on a much larger scale??

We can and likely will withdraw from Iraq. But it will be on OUR TERMS. We will decide IF, WHEN AND HOW we will withdraw. The enemy will NOT tell us what to do.

They can take their little 30 day truce and shove it up their ass. We're the quarterback here and we're not letting the enemy tell us what play to call. We will call our own play and they can read and react.

As for the part about my education - that was a pretty jerk thing to say. You complained to me one time that you and your cohorts have been banned multiple times for no good reason, perhaps it is due to personal attacks such as these. Notice that I disagree and argue with the extreme conservative right wingers on this site ALL THE TIME and I have not been banned a single time.

Anyway, as for my education - no I don't want to go to Iraq. And no I don't want to put my education on hold. But you know what? I'm a fighter, and I'm an athlete. And when my number is called, I step up to make a play.

If they activate me to go to Iraq, yes I will be nervous, and yes I do not want to go. But I'm not going to whine about it and I will go there and not only do my job to the best of my ability, but also strive to make a positive difference for the Iraqi people.

And I hope that answers whatever questions you may have.

Anyway, as for my education - no I don't want to go to Iraq. And no I don't want to put my education on hold.

If they activate me to go to Iraq, yes I will be nervous, and yes I do not want to go.

Out of context? Not really, just excerpts of your statement.

Maybe you should consider using the word "they" instead of "we" when talking about the war.

Others on this site have stepped forward to fight when they could have set back and done little more then serve themself. Think about it!

chesty would be biting bullets if he was able to see some of these comments..

I believe in it so much I'm trying to re-enlist. Into an LAV company.

So, SuN, if you were activated, you may end up in my squad.

Now, THAT would be interesting....LOL.

I'd go in a heartbeat.

As for this goofy offer, UBL made a similar one not long ago, basically, "Surrender now, and we will be generous".

Everyone who believes this, do a handstand now, to show your support.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by greensideout
    Out of context? Not really, just excerpts of your statement.

Maybe you should consider using the word "they" instead of "we" when talking about the war.

Others on this site have stepped forward to fight when they could have set back and done little more then serve themself. Think about it!
    Dammit; you've got me siding with Sunman on this; you did take him out of context; he did say he would go without whining! And anyone who was heading for a combat zone who said he wasn't uneasy about it would worry me! He did enlist in the Corps and that isn't required -it's voluntary. It's not exactly as if the hadjis are at our shore (yet). I wouldn't want to serve under him, but I wouldn't hesitate to serve with him!

Thread Information