"Moment Of Truth"
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

"Moment Of Truth"

I was told the "Moment of truth" is when the Drill Instructors ask people with certain medical problems to stand up...and if you do your sent home. Is this true? I heard this from a marine who just got back from San Diego a month or so ago.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Let me remember..... Actually If I remember correctly it is your last chance to hand over any contraband and come forward with any information that you may have lied about or given misinformation regarding this includes legal, medical ect. They used to stick it all in this podium. People would hand over all types of stuff pipes, knives, and other items.

I was told by a marine a while back as long as you keep your mouth shut about your past medical histories, what you don't tell won't be found out. Is that true?

That is not true.

I had a LCPL in my company that had a prior mental health diagnosis that he "hid" from the recruiters. Well, it came out some how, and he was discharges due to a fraudulent enlistment. He was not charge under the UCMJ, but he quickly disappeared.

It is always better to tell the truth and live in freedom, than lie and live with guilt and fear. How does the saying go, "The truth shall set you free".

From the Core Values, lying is a violation of integrity..... it's dishonest.

Can't see how.

Your past medical records are confidentle(spelling)Doctors can"t give that info to anyone just because they ask .I assume you have a minor prolem you did not want to bring up.As long as you can perform your job,you should be OK--Then again ,you probly don"t want to get someones head blown off because of one of your medical shortcommings. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by David Jameson
    Your past medical records are confidentle(spelling)Doctors can"t give that info to anyone just because they ask .I assume you have a minor prolem you did not want to bring up.As long as you can perform your job,you should be OK--Then again ,you probly don"t want to get someones head blown off because of one of your medical shortcommings. Good luck
    Think again Mr. Jameson. The government can and will be able to get hold of those records. This is for obvious reasons and confidentiality (I do know how to spell it) has nothing to do with it since the government will keep the records confidential. The government has every right to know that it is getting a healthy, qualified body for its service. That is why the government will discharge you in a heartbeat if you lie to them (yes it is LYING) about your health, moral character, or criminal record.

Just think about it. If you were the boss and hired someone who made a certain claim, say about his education, that you found later to be a rather blatant embellishment. Would you not immediately fire this person, regardless of his ability to do the job??? I know I would. I do not ever want to work around some scum bucket who would lie to further his place in life. Why?? Because the scum bucket will LIE to his boss, to me, and to anyone else in his way...

Quote Originally Posted by David Jameson
    Wrong answer. If you think the government can't get their hands on any of your records you will be disappointed. They may never find out, but if they do, you're in trouble.

Think about this..... let's say you make it to boot camp and earn the title MARINE. Then you are assigned an MOS that requires you to have a clearance, usually secret or top secret. That will require a backgroud check on you that is more thorough than a Drill Instructor going through gear. Whatever you are trying to hide, they will find it.

Very true 1st Sgt. In MOS school there were a bunch of kids waiting because they couldn't be cleared. Some were getting new MOS's, others were waiting on legal action because they had falsified information to get into the Corps.

Morning David

I stand corrected.My compliments on your spelling.Have a Good Christmas.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Always - always - always tell the truth! We had one girl that made it alllllll the way through bootcamp and on the day we graduated they jerked her ass out that morning! She had lied about something and it got found out and, even though she had done an outstanding job in bootcamp, it didn't matter - all they cared about was she had lied about something.

NEVER HOLD BACK INFO - IT WILL COME BACK TO BITE YOU IN THE ASS!

White Lies

I think lying to serve your country when you are now able to is ok. I think this because some of the Perment DQ's are crap, and most people have no control over them. I think as long as person is mentally and phycially able to fight for their country, and they make it through bootcamp, then they should be allowed to do so. However if I do get discharged for minor mishaps then thats on them, but I won't just roll over and die. I will try and arrange a meeting with the higher ups if needs be, maybe even the president if he is willing to listen to my case. Also I think lying at meps doesn't mean anything, because those people get paid to discharge you, which I think is crap, but be that as it may, you do what you have to do to serve your country, and sometimes telling the truth isn't the best method when you know its a perment dq and you then proceed to screw yourself out of every being able to earn the the title United States Marine.

If you think lying to the Marine Corps is okay then you lack the very integrity it takes to not only become but to be a Marine. Whether you think something is crap or not doesn't matter. The DQ's are there for a reason and sure run it up the chain if that happens to you but you have no right to earn the title if you don't have the integrity or honor to live up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderboater
    I think lying to serve your country when you are now able to is ok. I think this because some of the Perment DQ's are crap, and most people have no control over them. I think as long as person is mentally and phycially able to fight for their country, and they make it through bootcamp, then they should be allowed to do so. However if I do get discharged for minor mishaps then thats on them, but I won't just roll over and die. I will try and arrange a meeting with the higher ups if needs be, maybe even the president if he is willing to listen to my case. Also I think lying at meps doesn't mean anything, because those people get paid to discharge you, which I think is crap, but be that as it may, you do what you have to do to serve your country, and sometimes telling the truth isn't the best method when you know its a perment dq and you then proceed to screw yourself out of every being able to earn the the title United States Marine.
    With this attitude I hope you never make it in MY Marine Corps. We do not need a bunch of idiots who believe that THEY are better than MY Marine Corps.

You have absolutely ZERO f*king integrity and morals. It would be wonderful if someone informed your recruiter of your actions so that appropriate actions can be taken before you stain my Corps with your crap.

The people at MEPS are NOT paid to discharge you. They are paid to make sure that every recruit entering our armed forces is in good enough physical and mental health to serve our country, regardless of service branch. If you think it is so meaningless to lie at MEPS then please do me a huge favor and lie through your teeth. When they catch you there are criminal penalties involved and I truly hope you get the maximum penalty...

Quote Originally Posted by Moderboater
    By the way, I called Sgt Chase, your recruiter. I believe he will be having a chat with your dumb little butt...

Thread Information