Annual IRR muster?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Annual IRR muster?

I recently got orders to an annual inactive ready reserve muster. I asked my dad who got out 30+ years ago and talked to some of my other friends from the Marines who have only been out of active duty for 2-3 years. Noone has ever heard of this. Anyone able to give me some info on what this is all about. Just general admin crap or the admin stepping stone to recall?

I remember that. Basically you report where ever they tell you update your info. they pay you for coming and you leave. I did that once a year till my IRR time expired.

Thanks for the info. I'm sure that will make the old lady happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Roogger
    I recently got orders to an annual inactive ready reserve muster. I asked my dad who got out 30+ years ago and talked to some of my other friends from the Marines who have only been out of active duty for 2-3 years. Noone has ever heard of this. Anyone able to give me some info on what this is all about. Just general admin crap or the admin stepping stone to recall?

An annual muster is SOP to confirm your address and phone number and otherwise bring your records up to date.

With that said however, there is a recall currently going on. 150 IRR Marines have received their letter to report to active duty.

Hope that answers your question.

Semper Fi,
    GSO

Anyone know how long a Marine has to report from the IRR back to active duty? Id want AT LEAST a month to get back into shape if I had been out for a while. And do you keep your rank? Also do you return to your fleet unit, or do you go to a reserve regiment?

Quote Originally Posted by SkilletsUSMC
    Anyone know how long a Marine has to report from the IRR back to active duty? Id want AT LEAST a month to get back into shape if I had been out for a while. And do you keep your rank? Also do you return to your fleet unit, or do you go to a reserve regiment?

The 150 that I mentioned were to report to Kansas City, Mo to get their affairs in order then they would be placed into unit "holes" that required their MOS.

I think they got their letters of recall about a week ago.

Quote Originally Posted by greensideout
    The 150 that I mentioned were to report to Kansas City, Mo to get their affairs in order then they would be placed into unit "holes" that required their MOS.

I think they got their letters of recall about a week ago.
    Thanks greenside, but Im still active duty . Im just currious how it works once you finish up your AD time, and get called back. Most of the same questions still apply, Do you keep your rank? How long do you have to get squared away before actually returning? Im assuming from your post that you keep your MOS.

Thanks greenside, but Im still active duty . Im just currious how it works once you finish up your AD time, and get called back. Most of the same questions still apply, Do you keep your rank? How long do you have to get squared away before actually returning? Im assuming from your post that you keep your MOS.

You retain your rank and MOS in the IRR. From what I read, the recalls would spend 5 months before being assigned to a unit.

You retain your rank and MOS in the IRR.
    Thats good, it would suck to leave an NCO, and come back a Lance Criminal. how long do you have to report back in?

Thats good, it would suck to leave an NCO, and come back a Lance Criminal. how long do you have to report back in?

I don't know! I would guess that the call on that would be made at the time of the recall?

I don't know! I would guess that the call on that would be made at the time of the recall?
    I could see it taking a while to get your personal life in order, before shipping. Ya Know, I dont see why they are recalling IRR Marines, when they could spend a fraction of the money getting current Marines to extend. All Im asking for is some free leave and an M4

I could see it taking a while to get your personal life in order, before shipping. Ya Know, I dont see why they are recalling IRR Marines, when they could spend a fraction of the money getting current Marines to extend. All Im asking for is some free leave and an M4

I thought that the Corps was already offering major $ to re-up?

The M4? You may have to hire an agent to cut a deal like that! lol

I thought that the Corps was already offering major $ to re-up?
    The M4? You may have to hire an agent to cut a deal like that! lol
    Im not interested in re-uping, I came in just for the war, and I had my taste of it. But I MAY extend to go back for one more pump. Dont get me wrong, I love the Marine Corps, but I have a family and I need to move on, but I can put that on hold for my brothers who will be going down range AGAIN. I dont see the Problem with the M4... There are entire Battalions using them now, and I would most likely be a squad leader so a M4 insnt out of the picture... ****... I can even supply my own

Im not interested in re-uping, I came in just for the war, and I had my taste of it. But I MAY extend to go back for one more pump. Dont get me wrong, I love the Marine Corps, but I have a family and I need to move on, but I can put that on hold for my brothers who will be going down range AGAIN. I dont see the Problem with the M4... There are entire Battalions using them now, and I would most likely be a squad leader so a M4 insnt out of the picture... ****... I can even supply my own

You took care of half of the deal that you requested (the M4). Now for the free leave---that's easy. Take your discharge and kick back for up to 180 days of LWOP. Return and you are good to go with rank and all.

You took care of half of the deal that you requested (the M4). Now for the free leave---that's easy. Take your discharge and kick back for up to 180 days of LWOP. Return and you are good to go with rank and all.

Well... Im not gonna go THAT far. No need for me to go UA whan Im getting out soon enough.

But serriously, If I WERE to extend I wouldnt have a day of leave. So I couldnt go home woth out a hook-up.

Thread Information