MOS 9952 SCUBA anyone?
Create Post

MOS 9952 SCUBA anyone?

I havent been able to find much info on this MOS, does anyone know much about it?

It isn't a primary MOS. You'll get it if you need it.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Summary. A Marine who is trained to use SCUBA/UBA equipment.
    Requirements/Prerequisites
    (1) Complete MCCDC approved SCUBA/UBA qualification course.
    (2) Maintain physical fitness specified by COMNAVMEDCOM standards.
    Duties
    (1) SgtMaj/MGySgt to Pvt: Employs SCUBA/UBA equipment to conduct underwater entry into the objective area to accomplish missions appropriate to billet assigned.
    Related DOT Classification/DOT Code
    (1) SCUBA/UBA Diver 379.384-010. (2) Diver 899.261-010.

This is all I could find on it, I couldnt find much on the training aspect of this MOS.

It's a secondary MOS you will only get if in a recon MOS/billet. There are two different dive courses. There is the Marine Corps Combat Dive School which will give you the privilege of wearing the gold 'scuba bubble' badge. That school requires you to have the 0321 MOS. (Graduate of the Basic Reconnaissance Course aka BRC or Amphibious Reconnaissance School ARS) There are several other prerequisites for Combat Dive School. And then there is the Navy SCUBA school. That gives you the silver badge. The requirements are probably the same.

Some guys in my unit did Navy SCUBA, I think as a reenlistment incentive, however they had 2621/0321/9962 MOSs already. One guy did Combat Dive. Looking at Marine Corps Order 3500.20B 5 Oct 2004, I would think all dive and Airborne courses are no longer offered as a reenlistment incentives.

Thread Information