re-uping?
Create Post

Thread: re-uping?

re-uping?

Question. How can someone re-up with a re-4 code but was honorably discharged? I am tired of sitting here and watching my brethren lose their lives and knowing I can fight once again and help. I need help to get back in and is there anyone here who can guide me?

Sincerely,

Ronbo72

I'm sorry I may not know much about the topic sir, but I think you are over the age limit for the Marines

The US Army will take men up to 40 I think though

someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Sunman, thanks for the info. I heard I can reup but I need further info. San Antonio prior service rep was unhelpful. Anyone around from the legal section or JAG? Sunman if you come upon any info for assistance, I'd sincerely appreciate it.

Semper fi,

Ron

Hey bro, I found some info but it doesn't look good man...

Military Reenlistment Eligibility (RE) Code

United States Navy, Marines, & Coast Guard

These codes are contained on military discharge documents and determine whether or not one may reenlist or enlist in a military service at a later time. In general, those who receive a Navy/Marine/Coast Guard RE Code of 1 may reenlist in their previous service or another service with no problem. Individuals with a Navy/Marine/Coast Guard RE Code of "2" may usually reenlist in their service or another service with various restrictions, or if the circumstances which resulted in the code no longer apply. Individuals with a Navy/Marine/Coast Guard RE Code of "3" can normally reenlist in their service or another Service, but will probably require a waiver to be processed. Individuals with a Navy/Marine/Coast Guard RE Code of "4" are normally not eligible to reenlist in their service, nor join another service.

I don't know what to tell ya man...maybe someone can find a loophole for you? Best talk to a JAG, I agree.

RE-1- Eligible for reenlistment.

RE-1A- Eligible for reenlistment.

RE-2- Ineligible for reenlistment. Recommended for renlistment but ineligible because of status: Fleet Reservist Retired (except for transfer to TDRL), Commissioned Officer. Warrant 0fficer, Midshipman, Cadet.

RE-3A- Failure to meet area aptitude prerequisites. Fully qunlified for enlistment, provided mental criteria of table 2-1 are met. Alien.

RE-3B- Restricted assignment. Parenthood. Pregnancy.

RE-3C- Reenlistment authorized by CMC only. Ineligible for enlistment, unless waiver is granted. Conscientious Objector.

RE-3D- Failure to meet disciplinary standards. Ineligible for enlistment, unless waiver is granted. Demonstrated dependency or hardship not meetinq criteria specified in Bupersman article C-10308.

RE-3E- Failure to meet education prerequisites. Fully qualified for enlistment provided education criteria is met. Erroneous induction.

RE-3F- Erroneous enlistment.

RE-3G- Condition (not physical disability) interfering with performance of duty.

RE-3H- Hardship

RE-3K- Disenrolled Irom Naval Academy, not considered qualified for enlisted status.

RE-3M- Marriage.

RE-3N- Importance to national health, safety or interest.

RE-3P- Physical disability (includes discharge and transfer to TDRL). Obesity. Motion sickness. Disqualified for officer candidate training.

RE-3R- Rank reappointment restriction. Ineligible for reenlist unless waivered

RE-3R- Professional growth criteria. Ineligible for reenlist unless waivered

RE-3S- Sole surviving son.

RE-3T- Overweight

RE-3U- Minority

RE-4- Not recommended for reenlistment

Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Ronbo72, Contact this guy SSgt. Christopher Douglas
    christopher.s.douglas@usmc.mil He might be able to help you out. He is working for me right now. I'm 43 years old and trying to get back in the Corps also. Good luck Brother.
    Semper Fi
    Mark Schiffer

All:
    I'm 42 as well, with 10 years prior service, Active duty USMC, and trying to get back in as well. This is what I know: Any active duty time will count against your age; in other words, with 10 years prior service, my enlistment age is now 32...which is the cut off. I do not believe the age cut off is waiverable, so unless you have some other way around that issue...you might be out of luck, sad to say.

As far as the RE-4 code, you can PM me with specifics: However, I'll tell you if it was for being passed over for SSgt more than twice, or max service limits, they won't take you back. Not sure what the exact story was, but that RE4 is going to be a bigger issue than the age, in my opinion.

Just my 2cents...and I'll keep everyone up to date on my own Re-up status...

v/r

Thread Information