Chuckles of the Day... - Page 166
Create Post
Page 166 of 1389 FirstFirst ... 661161561621631641651661671681691701762162666661166 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 20826
    Funny who you meet

woman meets elderly gentleman on the street.

Her: Aren't you Ed Filby? I haven't seen you in thirty-years.

Him: That's me.

Her: You look pretty good - but a little pale. Where you been?

Him: Been in jail actually.

Her: Really! What did you do?

Him: Well, I killed my wife. I chopped her up in little pieces and put her in the garbage disposal.

Her: Oh!... so you're not married!

IN LOVING MEMORY OF MY LATE HUSBAND, SSgt Roger A. Alfano, USMC
    ONE PROUD MARINE
    1961-1977
    Vietnam 1968/69
    Once a Marine...Always a Marine

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1204617174

Death of a Pheasant

My uncle told me about one of his friends, Howard, who was hired to participate in one of those "Saturday Sportsman" shows. His job was to hide in the bushes, holding a pheasant, and release it at the appropriate moment, so that it could be promptly shot down for the pleasure of the viewing audience.

Howard's first brush with Hollywood was very exciting. Granted, no one would ever see him, his name wouldn't be in the credits, but, at least it was "Show Business!" Provided with a pheasant, and installed in a certain stand of corn stalks, Howard waited for his cue to hurl the bird into the air.

You, the viewer, don't see Howard, of course. You do see two Serious Hunters stalking around, making Especially Wise Hunting Remarks. You are admiring the perfect hunting dogs. And, just before the commercials, magically, there is a flurry, a pheasant rises, accelerating, bright wings beating furiously. This pheasant is an eager flier, having been mysteriously held by normally lethal humans for about 40 minutes. So, the pheasant, making his escape, meets his Maker instead, in the form of a wall of buckshot. Pheasant drops, dogs expertly retrieve, hunters unctuously auto-congratulate.

Howard's turn to release his pheasant is approaching. He is very nervous; this brush with Broadway is thrilling. He waits, determined to expertly send this bird into the path of many little lead pellets: so perfectly, that a Hollywood producer will see that bird, and think, "my God, that bird was very skillfully launched." "Phone call for Howard, it's Spielberg!" The fantasy is delicious.

And now, the Moment! It's the signal! Every muscle in Howard's body surges in the orbital delivery of this winged target. The pheasant arcs up, up, up..... It's not flapping its wings very hard, though. In fact, it's not flying at all. Now the pheasant-projectile has passed its apogee, and is streaking down for reentry with the cornfield. Howard's pheasant looks more like a rock disguised as a pheasant than a real live pheasant. With a sickening thud, the pheasant slams into the solid planet. The dogs wince and look away. The hunters congratulate themselves on another superb display of hunting prowess, made more remarkable by the absence of any shooting.

The camera swings away. Howard is crushed, his chance for pheasant-slinging glory gone. The pheasant is crushed as well. Upon post-mortem, it develops that Howard, in his anticipatory excitement, has strangled the pheasant. It was horribly massaged to death, in Howard's nervous hands.

ONE PROUD MARINE
    1961-1977
    Vietnam 1968/69

Rabbinic wisdom

ong ago in a Polish town there lived a wise Rabbi. One night a peddler came to the Rabbi's house. "Rabbi," he said, "I am going to kill myself!"

"Heaven, forbid!" cried the Rabbi, "What could make you have such a sinful thought?"

"Is it better than I should starve to death! Today my horse died and without a horse I cannot earn my living!"

"Look," said the Rabbi, "the Holy One, Blessed be He, will provide for you. Tonight, at midnight, meet me at the stable of the Count." The peddler had no idea what the Rabbi could mean, but obediently he arrived at the Count's stables at 12 o'clock sharp. The Rabbi took him to one of the stalls and told him to take the beautiful white stallion standing there.

"Oy, vay!" said the peddler, "I can't do this, the Count will have me hanged!"

"Don't worry," the Rabbi assured him, "take the horse and go in peace." Since in those days one did not disobey a Rabbi, the peddler did as he was told.

When he had gone the Rabbi lay down in the stall and went to sleep. The next morning the Count arrived with his groom and seeing the man asleep on the floor, kicked him and cried: "Hey you, who are you, what are you doing here, where is my horse?!"

The Rabbi sat up and rubbed his eyes. Then he jumped to his feet and raised his hands to the sky and cried: "Thanks be to God, creator of the Universe!"

"What's this, what's this," cried the Count,"what is going on, who are you, where is my horse??!"

"Don't you understand?" said the Rabbi, "I was your horse! I used to be a famous scholar. But one night I succumbed to the Evil Impulse and went to a prostitute. In punishment the Holy One turned me into your horse. But in my misery I repented and prayed for forgiveness. Finally my prayers were heard and I have been changed back into a human being. Thanks be to God, creator of the Universe!"

Now the Count was a devout man and a respecter of miracles and so he also cried, "Thanks be to God, creator of the Universe!" and let the Rabbi go.

Several weeks later the Count was riding through the town. Suddenly he spied the peddler leading his beautiful white stallion. He leaped from his carriage and ran to the beast, struck him brutally on the rear end with his riding crop and shrieked: "Scoundrel! Ingrate! Going to prostitutes again??!!"

ONE PROUD MARINE
    1961-1977
    Vietnam 1968/69

Mom's Brownies

MOM'S BROWNIES

Remove teddy bear from oven and preheat oven to 375.
    Melt 1 cup margarine in saucepan.
    Remove teddy bear from oven and tell Jr. "no, no."
    Add margarine to 2 cups sugar.
    Take shortening can away from Jr. and clean cupboards.
    Measure 1/3 cup cocoa.
    Take shortening can away from Jr. again and bathe cat.
    Apply antiseptic and bandages to scratches sustained while removing
    shortening from cat's tail.
    Assemble 4 eggs, 2 tsp. vanilla, and 1-1/2 cups sifted flour.
    Take smoldering teddy bear from oven and open all doors and windows
    for ventilation.
    Take telephone away from Billy and assure party on the line the call
    was a mistake. Call operator and attempt to have direct
    dialed call removed from bill.
    Measure 1 tsp. salt, 1/2 cup nuts and beat all ingredients well.
    Let cat out of refrigerator.
    Pour mixture into well-greased 9x13-inch pan.
    Bake 25 minutes.
    Rescue cat and take razor away from Billy. Explain to kids that you
    have no idea if shaved cats will sunburn. Throw cat outside
    while there's still time and he's still able to run away.

FROSTING

Mix the following in saucepan:
    1 cup sugar
    1 oz unsweetened chocolate
    1/4 cup margarine
    Take the darn teddy bear out of the @#$% broiler and throw it away--
    far away.
    Answer the door and meekly explain to nice policeman that you didn't
    know Jr. had slipped out of the house and was heading for the
    street. Put Jr. in playpen.
    Add 1/3 cup milk, dash of salt, and boil, stirring constantly for 2
    minutes.
    Answer door and apologize to neighbor for Billy having stuck a garden
    hose in man's front door mail slot. Promise to pay for
    ruined carpet.
    Tie Billy to clothesline.
    Remove burned brownies from oven

ONE PROUD MARINE
    1961-1977
    Vietnam 1968/69

Sing your heart out

There was a little girl whose mother was very strict. Her mother tried to make her daughter behave in a very decent manner, but the girl was still three and half years old. One day the family went to a party, and in the middle of the party the girl cried, "Mommy I want to go restroom." This drew a lot of attention and the mother felt embarrassed about her daughter. At home she advised that whenever she wants to go to restroom she should say, "I want to sing."

After a couple of days the girl's grandfather came to visit them. She liked her grandfather very much. At night, she slept with her grandfather, who put her to sleep with a story. After couple of hours, she woke up and said, "Grandpa I want to sing." The grandpa was afraid of causing a disturbance past midnight if the girl began singing, so he told her in a very low voice, "Baby if you want to sing, sing in my ears."

ONE PROUD MARINE
    1961-1977
    Vietnam 1968/69

A lady walks into a shop that sells VERY expensive Persian rugs.She browses
    around, then spots the perfect rug and walks over to inspect it. As she
    bends to feel the texture of the rug, she farts very loudly.

Very embarassed, she looks around nervously to see if anyone has noticed her
    little accident and hopes a sales person does not show up right now.

As she turns back, there, standing next to her is a salesman.

"Good day madam. How may I help you today?"

Very uncomfortably she asks, "Sir, what is the price of this lovely rug?"

He answers "Madam, if you farted just touching the rug, you are very likely
    to **** when you hear the price"

ONE PROUD MARINE
    1961-1977
    Vietnam 1968/69

Wisdom from Grandpa

Whether a man winds up with a nest egg or a goose egg depends a lot on what kind of chick he marries.Trouble in marriage often starts when a man gets so busy earnin' his salt that he forgets his sugar.Too many couples marry for better or worse,but not for good.When a man marries a woman,they become one; but the trouble starts when they try to decide which one.If a man has enough horsesense to treat his wife like a thoroughbred,she will never turn into an old nag.Judging from the specimens they pick for husbands, it's no wonder that brides often blush.On anniversaries the wise husband often forgets the past---but not the present.A foolish husband says to his wife: Honey,you stick to the washin'ironin'cookin'and scrubbin'."No wife of mine is gonna work."The bonds of matrimony are a good investment only when the interest is kept up.Many girls like to marry a military man he can cook,sew,make beds,and is already in good health.And he's already used to taking orders.Grandpappy and his wife were discussin' their50th wedding anniversary,when she said,"Shall I kill a chicken tonight?" "Naw" said Grandpappy."Why blame a bird for something that happened 50 years ago."

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

This just came to mind.

Enjoy!
    Gary

Last edited by Osotogary; 03-07-06 at 10:48 PM.

Fruits of love

A young couple have just got married and are wandering through the countryside looking for somewhere to stay. They come to a farm and knock on the door. The farmer answers the door and they explain how they have just got married, and don't have a lot of money but would like somewhere to stay for a few days. The farmer being a kind hearted soul offers them the hay loft in his barn, where they retire to immediately. A few days go by and there is no sign of the young couple emerging from the barn. After a week, the farmer becomes a bit concerned, so he goes out to the barn and shouts up, "Are you all right in there?"

"Yes thank you," comes the reply.

"Aren't you getting hungry?" asked the farmer, "You haven't been out for a week."

"It's all right," comes the reply, "we're living off the fruits of love."

"Well," said the farmer, "I do wish you'd stop throwing the skins out the window!"

ONE PROUD MARINE
    1961-1977
    Vietnam 1968/69

Firing Squad

The dew was still wet as the prisoner was let out into the yard for the last time. The soldiers of the firing detail shuffled out to their usual positions as the guards led the prisoner to the stake at the far end of the paddock. There, he was securely bound as the captain of the guards stepped forward to contend with the final courtesies.

"Blindfold?" he inquired.

"No, thank you," said the condemned.

The captain was a little taken aback at the difficulty and leaned forward so as not to be heard.

"Please," he said, "take the blindfold. It is not an act of cowardice to be spared this spectacle. It makes it MUCH easier for you."

The condemned thought for a moment and relented. The blindfold was tied over his eyes.

"Cigarette?" offered the captain.

"No thanks," said the prisoner, "I don't smoke."

Here again the captain paused and thought of a tactful approach. He leaned in and spoke in a confidential tone.

"No matter. Please take the cigarette. It makes it MUCH easier for the men on the firing squad."

ONE PROUD MARINE
    1961-1977
    Vietnam 1968/69

Summitry

At the end of World War II Roosevelt, Churchill, and Stalin met at the famous Yalta Conference. During a break the three chiefs of state were relaxing. Wanting to show off a bit Roosevelt took out a silver cigarette case on which was engraved: "To FDR from a loyal Democratic Party."

Not to be outdone Churchill took out a gold cigar case on which was engraved: "To Winston from the loyal Tories."

Stalin then smiled broadly and reaching into his vest withdrew an enormous cigar case encrusted with rubies and emeralds on which was written: "To Count Esterhazy from the Vienna Jockey Club."

ONE PROUD MARINE
    1961-1977
    Vietnam 1968/69

Newlyweds

Once upon a time, there was a village.

The people in the village were extremely conservative. No one talked about sex. Newlyweds had to figure out how to do such business on their own because no one ever talked about it in their lifetime.

A mischievous couple decided to pull a practical joke on a pair of people getting married.

The man pulled the groom-to-be aside and talked to him privately: "I know it is not appropriate to talk to you about sex life. But you are getting married soon, I don't want you to get hurt."

"What is it? What is it? Let me know," the ignorant groom eagerly asked.

The man first told him what sex was all about. And he said, "But you have to be careful. Some women grow teeth in their `private place.' Some poor men have lost their valuable body part to these ruthless jaws."

"How should I find out? What should I do on the first night?"

"Fear not, young man. Let me tell you what to do. Don't take any risks. On the first night, test her first with your knee."

The woman also talked to the bride-to-be in private: "You are getting married soon. I cannot resist warning you..."

The bride also eagerly asked for advice.

The woman first explained to her what would happen in bed the first night, then she said, "Some men have a HUGE life-threatening penis. If you have sex with this type of man, you may not survive."

"Oh, please help me. What should I do?" The bride was scared.

"Well, let me tell you what I did on my first night," she lied. "I sharpened my finger nails and put my hand in front of my vulnerable spot, and grabbed anything that approached."

In the wedding night, the shy newlywed slipped into bed in pitch darkness. Moments later, both screamed in horror.

... And they slept separately ever after.

ONE PROUD MARINE
    1961-1977
    Vietnam 1968/69

Uzi vs...

The following advertisement appeared in one of the munition magazines:

The Guy on the Right Doesn't Stand a Chance. The guy on the right has the Osborne 1, a fully functional computer system in a portable package the size of a briefcase. The guy on the left has an Uzi submachine gun concealed in his attache case. Also in the case are four fully loaded, 32 round clips of 125 grain 9 mm ammunition.

The owner of the Uzi is going to get more tactical firepower delivered--and delivered on target--in less time and with less effort.

All for $795. It's inevitable.

If you're going up against some guy with an Osborne 1--or any personal computer--he's the one whose in trouble. One round from an Uzi can zip through ten inches of solid pine wood, so you can imagine what it will do to structural foam acrylic and sheet aluminum. In fact, detachable magazines for the Uzi are available in 25-, 32-, and 40-round capacities, so you can take out an entire office full of Apple II or IBM Personal Computers tied into Ethernet or other local area networks.

What about the new 16-bit computers, like the Lisa and Fortune? Even with the Winchester backup they're no match for the Uzi. One quick burst and they'll find what UNIX means.

Make your commanding officer proud. Get an Uzi--and come home a winner in the fight for office automatic weapons.

ONE PROUD MARINE
    1961-1977
    Vietnam 1968/69

Prudes and Virgins Digest, v.1 #6 (NOT13)

Prudes and Virgins Digest, v.1 #6 (NOT13) Mon Dec 5 15:12:04 PST 1988

WARNING: This digest may contain material not suitable for Reader's Digest. Do not read if you find this type of material offensive.

Contributions: pvdigest@ernie.Berkeley.EDU Comments: nj@ernie.Berkeley.EDU Mailing List requests: pvdigest-request@ernie.Berkeley.EDU
    The Prudes and Virgins Digest is freely redistributable.

-- nj

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Thu, 1 Dec 88 11:15:22 PST
    Author: Reginald
    Topic: Interesting positions I have discovered

Good evening.
    Recently, whilst engaged in--well, let's be perfectly frank, this is an open forum after all--intercourse with my wife, i discovered an amazing new position, in which the female partner occupies what might be called the "dominant" or "top" position, rather than the more proper bottom position. We were curious as to whether anyone else has tried this revolutionary concept. We're rather afraid to admit it in public, since I think it falls outside of the bounds of general decency and propriety...but, as the common people say, life is too short not to "live it up" a little, eh what?

Reginald

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Thu, 1 Dec 88 21:43:05 PST
    Author: Jonathan
    Topic: A question

I've been thinking about...er...well, you know, and...um...I was just wondering if...if...you know...has anyone ever had any experience doing... I mean does anyone know any good techniques for...oh never mind.

Date: Fri, 2 Dec 88 10:02:33 PST
    Author: GERTRUDE
    Topic: KISSING

DEAR PRUDES AND VIRGINS DIGEST.

MY BOYFRIEND KEEPS TELLING ME IT IS OKAY TO KISS EACH OTHER ON THE LIPS AND NOT KEEP OUR LIPS PUCKERED SECURELY. IS THIS NORMAL?

GERTRUDE

Date: Fri, 2 Dec 88 11:15:56 PST
    Author: Robert
    Topic: confessions...

ive never told anyone else about this before, but i thought you all might like to hear about it. it all started one night when i was studying for a physics test all alone in a classroom and this girl walked in and sat down and started studying. i couldn't help but notice her most prominent features. i had a hard time concentrating on my textbook. all i could think about was introducing myself to her. i imagined myself walking up to her--actually walking up to a real woman--and GREETING her. i reached down and started idly playing with my calculator as i fantasized. i thought of asking her out for frozen yogurt. i thought of "accidentally" brushing against her round, soft hands. i couldn't stand it. i had to do it. but then she got up and left.

Date: Fri, 2 Dec 88 16:49:23 PST
    Author: Samuel
    Topic: What turns you on?

Hey I don't know about all you guys but I get really aroused whenever a girl says, "Have a nice day" to me. Is this weird? Should I go see a shrink? The short women in "Willow" really turn me on to.

Date: Sat, 3 Dec 88 15:35:01 PST
    Author: Linda
    Topic: hi

um hi im new to this sex thing but the guy im with keeps telling me its ok im not supposed to enjoy it as much as he does,,,is that right? and what does he mean when he tells his friends "she don't care i've only got three inches?" thankyou

Date: Fri, 2 Dec 88 13:22:42 PST
    Author: Melville
    Topic: Hot digitized pix!

Hey "dudes," I got lots of ]REVEALING<-- if you know what i mean *wink*. I've got Betty White in a low-cut gown, I've got Oprah Winfrey in a miniskirt (and I do mean MINI!!!) and the best of them all is my pic of LINDA RONSTADT wearing a BIKINI!!!!! And if THAT don't turn you on you MUST be weird!!! Write me for more info!!!!!! (I want to TRADE too...I've been looking for a good Shirley Jones for "MILLENNIAS"!!!!)

Date: Sat, 3 Dec 88 17:12:29 PST
    Author: Patrick
    Topic: "Bondage"

Hello--
    Does anyone know anything about "bondage?" Is it like, "male bonding?"

Thanks.

Patrick

Date: Sat, 3 Dec 88 18:22:03 PST
    Author: Elizabeth
    Topic: Nightwear

Dear Prudes and Virgins Digest,
    This is ever so awkward, but i was wondering what your readers would consider to be...ummm....attractive... in the way of nightwear. Do the readers prefer cotton, flannel or rayon full length nightgowns? Is there a tendency towards prints or solids? Fitted or roomy?

This is truly a burning question on my mind, as just the other evening as my husband Percy and I were each reading various excerpts from Better Homes and Gardens Do-It Yourself Guide to Home Remodeling and Percy commented that perhaps to lend excitement to our marriage in much the same way our new storm windows add pizazz to our living room I should invest in some new nightwear. I hope your readers can assist me in my shopping endeavors.

Elizabeth

Date: Sat, 3 Dec 88 20:49:13 PST
    Author: J. Jacob
    Topic: Re: "Oral Majority"

That's DISGUSTING! You are SICK SICK SICK!!! To think that they even LET people like you in...why, why I'll bet you even vote DEMOCRAT!!!! Brother Falwell should kick ALL of you commie bastards out!!!!!!!

Date: Sat, 3 Dec 88 23:13:52 PST
    Author: Hanna
    Topic: Wild fantasies

Dear P and V Digest
    Just the other day I engaged in the most unbelievable fantasy :^). I needed to study for my Chaucer exam and ducked into what I'd hoped to be an unused classroom. Well, this was the furthest from the truth. There was a young man in this room, but I was feeling a bit, shall we say devil-may-care, and i brought my books in and sat in a desk about two or three rows over from the young man. He was quite attractive, what with his neatly manicured hands and crisply shaved sideburns, and his shirt was neatly pressed as well. I very much wanted him to approach me, and to offer me a refreshment of some sort. We could discuss literature or this season's choice of music here with the University Symphony or perhaps the social happening next week at the Christian Center. My thoughts ranged even further into the future, about how, if we were married, we could have wild, frenzied family picnics.

His shoes were neatly buffed, and he was reading what appeared to be some scientific manual or text, and he must have been an intelligent and well-mannered young man, and he would been an excellent conversationalist, and, well, just thinking of him talking to me got me so....ruffled.... i just had to go get a lemonade from the Cafeteria and I left quickly even before I could review my most recent notes.

Hanna [[ last name withheld--nj ]]

PS--Please assign an alias and a mailbox to me; many people in my school read News and I wouldn't want them to get the wrong impression of me.

End of Prudes and Virgins Digest

ONE PROUD MARINE
    1961-1977
    Vietnam 1968/69

Bad Luck of the Irish

"Well, Mrs. O'Connor, so you want a divorce?" the solicitor questioned his client. "Tell me about it. Do you have a grudge?"

"Oh, no," replied Mrs. O'Connor. "Shure now, we have a carport."

The solicitor tried again. "Well, does the man beat you up?"

"No, no," said Mrs. O'Connor, looking puzzled. "Oi'm always first out of bed." Still hopeful, the solicitor tried once again. "Well, does he go in for unnatural connubial practices?"

"Shure now, he plays the flute, but I don't think he knows anything about the connubial."

Now desperate, the solicitor pushed on. "What I'm trying to find out are what grounds you have."

"Bless ye, sor. We live in a flat--not even a window box, let alone grounds."

"Mrs. O'Connor," the solicitor said in considerable exasperation, "you need a reason that the court can consider. What is the reason for you seeking this divorce?"

"Ah, well now," said the lady, "Shure it's because the man can't hold an intelligent conversation."

ONE PROUD MARINE
    1961-1977
    Vietnam 1968/69

Thread Information