parents - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: parents

In addition, if you want a question answered, ya might ask nice the first time maybe. Click the forums tab at the top of the homepage, scroll down untill you see POOL-ee Hall and Mentor forum. Everything you need to know is there.

Just so you know, kid. I'm the one that'll stay up all night with ya when you need someone who'll listen. I'll be the first to help ya out when ya ask an intelligent question and I'll spend hours tryin to find the answer for ya if I don't know it. I'm here to do what I can to help.

Ask around. You'll see.

For all you youngsters, and even some older Marines, that want to read a good book on this very topic; pick up a book titled "KEEPING FAITH". Published a few months ago by John and Frank Schaeffer. It is a quick and good read on how non military parent(s) reacted when their son--John Schaeffer--bypassed college and joined the Corps.

USMCFOREVER
    Guest Free Member
    Ok wrbones, I'll change my user name as soon as I get home, I cant log into my email from school or I'd do it now.

NP. Kiddo. It's just that sooner or later someone's gonna be in yer face about it. Didn't want ya catchin hell is all.

Registered User Free Member ktriplett's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Originally posted by MarineBratt
    Get a grip! Some of us are new here and don't know how threads work. You could be a little nicer and just explain where to look, thanks
    Nicer? What the hell? He was being nice! You ought to take a look around, everything is explained somewhere. When the same issue has to be explained over and over, it gets a little old. This is a MARINE community afterall, not a poolee or wannabe community. We're the guests here and the initiative should be upon us to learn the rules and customs of the board, and to READ the previous posts. Learn! This is no game.

wrbones: I try to keep these poolees and wannabes in line for you guys, but sometimes one will slip through...

Registered User Free Member Avatar0fCha0s's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Ok wrbones, changed my name like I said. Is there anyway I can delete my other account so I can use the email on that one?

(was USMCFOREVER)

MarineBRATT - - -

From what this wannabe reads, "nice" is what gets people killed. I don't know about you, but I don't want to have to explain to a buddys' mother that her son got killed becuase I wanted to be "nice". This ain't the cash register at McDonalds. Listen up the first time, it's thier site; not ours.

Just so you kids know, Avatar wasn't ignored.

There were a few PM's exchanged gettin' him the info he needed.

My parents weren't to thrilled. My old man was a Marine for eight years, stationed mostly in 29 Palms and Bridgeport. When I told them I wanted to join, my mom walked away, and my dad tried to talk me out of it (I don't know if it was fear, or the brain injury speaking). They eventually gave thier blessing, and they are supportive. I think they are as excited as I am now that the day is drawing close. Everynight when I call my parents, my dad asks me what I am doing to prepare for Boot Camp. After I tell him, even if it was more than the day before, he still says "Not good enough". He pushes me; he is my driving force. I want to prove that I can make it, not only to him; but to myself.

Yours in Intensity,

Joe

Registered User Free Member leroy8541's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    My son keeps telling me he is going to be a marine, I guess I am to blame for this attitude he has gotten. As his father and from being on the front lines of a conflict I have to admit I am a bit worried about it, on the other hand If I were to see him wearing a set of dress blues I would probably burst into tears from pride!

Thread Information