parents
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: parents

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

parents

how does everyone's parents feel about your choice of going into the corps? how many are enlisting right after high school?

OK. Read the forum yer in! Most of these folks have already posted those types of threads!

Can you kids read! Or is it only a few of ya ever learned how!

Come on here! Everything you need to know has already been posted!

Like I say, there's been a couple other threads just lately that address your question.

READ!

It ain't just you kid, I've seen it over and over and over.

It gets kinda aggravating after awhile.

firstsgtmike
    Guest Free Member
    future_recon

I agree with Bones. However I was searching around, found this, and thought it would be appropriate.

To Mrs. Kiera J Rustay of Suffolk, VA:

Ma'am, The hardest thing I ever did, as a 17yr. old kid, was look out the back window of that bus as I left AFEES, Columbus Ohio as my mother was watching me leave. She said the hardest thing she ever did was to open that box of personal belongings that you send home from boot camp incoming processing.

Wait until you see your new Marine standing tall in his uniform and realize that he is now a MAN. (Try to forgive him when he sits down to dinner and asks for the F***ing butter.)

Trust me you will never regret the look on his face when he knows he has made his parents proud as I and so many before us have done.

Once he has earned that title, United States Marine, he has joined the best brotherhood in the world and will never, as long as he lives, lack companionship again.

Semper FI
    SSgt. Moore,J.C. 2389599
    University of MCRD San Diego, 1967-1977

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I have to agree with you Bones, that there is information and threads posted on this.

But, as a parent, let me say this to the young man - most parents want their children to be better than others, to achieve to their fullest potential, to contribute to society and to leave thier mark in the world.

To parents of Marines - it's a given that it will happen - our children are the best of the best.

That answer your question, young man?

Mom, God Love Ya, Ya aint changed a bit.......

USMCFOREVER
    Guest Free Member
    ...I was afraid to tell my mom I wanted to join. At first she was very supportive, till 9/11 anyway. Now she's been trying to talk me out of it ever since. She just doesnt understand how much I want the title Marine and that there is nothing anyone can do or say to change my mind.

I would say something about yer username, but I'm gonna address something else here.

As long as you've done yer research and know what yer gettin yerself into, then be firm, but don't burn any bridges behind ya. Family is important. Talk it out, calmly, quietly and be knowledgeable w/o being arrogant or pushy about it.

There has been info posted here for families of recruits. There might be something to clue you in on how to approach the converssation with yer family.

In additon, see if she will allow yer local recruiter to come over fer a visit after you have apprised him of the situation.

Now, about yer name....

I like yer entusiasm, but sooner or later one of these Marines is gonna give you hell over it 'cause yer not, as yet, a Marine.

The title is earned. Once earned you will feel much the same way as we do, and you will understand why folks are so adamant about non-Marines using the title in a username, however respectfully.

Sooner or later you'll get 'fragged' over it.

Registered User Free Member Chevy2233's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    My Buddy's dad was in the Marine Corps and was a machine gunner, then he did sea duty. He says he loved it. He has support for me, but when his son tried to join he threw a fit and told the recruiters not to speek to him. Maybe he doesn't think his son can handle it. I don't know. I've been pondering it for quite some time though.

Interesting story Chevy.

Is there a point?

Credits
    Savings
    No, just thought I'd share the story since this thread had to do with parents.

Good place yo unload, but I thought ya might have a point or a question tied in there somewhere.

Credits
    Savings
    Well, I don't know if you have a son or not, but if you do, or if you could have, would you want him to join the Marine Corps?

My boy is 24 and working on his Master's Degree. If he wants to join the Marine Corps, that is his decision. I would be proud if he did. Proud of him for having done it.

Our reason's are are own and the accomplishment is ours, alone. The honor is shared with our Brothers.

Personal responsibility seems to be at the core of your question. We are each responsible as individuals for the decisions we make as adults. Some decisions require more forethought and knowledge. When making some decisions it is good to get opinions from others, but eventually, when we make any decision, whether it is to carry a hot cup of coffee between our legs when we leave the drive thru, to joining the Marine Corps to whatever the decision is, we are ultimately responsible for our own decisions. You are the one who will pay whatever price or reap whatever reward for your decision. We must consider others at all times, for our actions often affect those around us, but we bear responsibility for our decisions.

What have you decided?

Originally posted by wrbones
    OK. Read the forum yer in! Most of these folks have already posted those types of threads!

Can you kids read! Or is it only a few of ya ever learned how!

Come on here! Everything you need to know has already been posted!

Like I say, there's been a couple other threads just lately that address your question.

READ!

It ain't just you kid, I've seen it over and over and over.

It gets kinda aggravating after awhile.
    Get a grip! Some of us are new here and don't know how threads work. You could be a little nicer and just explain where to look, thanks

I do explain dear. Look around. POOL-ee Hall and the Mentor forums. Good place to start.

Some folks post this stuff two or three times on two or three different threads without lookin around first or listenin the first time. Kinda like Future recon, Rogue and CLash and a couple others have done lately. That's what I came down on him so hard. He didn't listen on the other threads he posted this on.

Pay attention. I'm one who's doin' a lot more than most to help you folks around here. If I tell ya somethin', please listen the first time.

If ya think those words are hard, you ain't ready for the Marine Corps. Reality is gonna get ya!

Thread Information