Is one American’s life worthier than thousands of Iraqis?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Is one American’s life worthier than thousands of Iraqis?

Is one American’s life worthier than thousands of Iraqis?
    11/25/2006 6:30:00 PM GMT

The U.S. occupation forces have stood silent and U.S. ambassador Zalmay Khalilzad carelessly ignored daily acts of kidnapping, torture and killing which ripped through Iraq in recent months, particularly following the massive attack on Samarra’s revered Shia Shrine in February 22, believed to be part of a well-planned plot to create schism between Iraq’s Sunnis and Shias.

The U.S. occupiers, responsible for the current chaotic situation in Iraq, have stood silently watching the bloodbath that followed the attack on Samarra which resulted in the destruction of the Golden Dome Mosque of the Two Imams, and the wave of kidnappings and torture that intensified ever since, and threatens to drown the country and the entire Middle East region in a bloody civil war.

Is the life of an American soldier more important than the lives of tens of thousands of Iraqis? stated a recent editorial on Iraq’s Basaer News.

When one U.S. soldier was kidnapped earlier this month in Baghdad, U.S. forces immediately launched a wide search and rescue operation, even forcing people to stay at their homes, while they carried out a house-to- house search.

2,000 U.S. troops and 1,000 Iraqi security forces, backed by armoured vehicles, swept through Baghdad and surrounded the impoverished Shia district of Sadr City, where the American hostage, identified by the military as Spc. Ahmed Qusai al-Taayie, an Iraqi-American translator from Ann Arbor, was abducted.

The U.S. forces widened the scope of their operations and redoubled their efforts, bombing residential areas and homes, which resulted in the death and injury of scores of innocent Iraqis, all in an effort to find one kidnapped American.

The U.S. military also offered a $50,000 reward for anyone who provides or leads to information that would help finding the soldier.

In the wake of the recent deadly attacks that raged in Iraq, Iran's Foreign Ministry Spokesman Seyed Mohammad Ali Husseini condemned the perpetrators of those attacks, which concentrated mainly in Al Sadr City, and led to the massacre and injury of dozens of innocent civilians.

Husseini blamed the U.S. occupation forces for these savage and terrorist attacks, stressing that the catastrophic situation in Iraq is the outcome of the American President’s decision to invade the country three years ago, as well as the forces' wrong policies, which led to the current chaos in the country.

The U.S. forces moved quickly to save one of their soldiers, but took no action to stop the kidnapping of tens of thousands of Iraqis which took place over the past few months. Thousands of bodies of tortured people have been found in waste dumps, rivers and on sidewalks, and while the occupation forces know the areas where the kidnappings take place and know that torture and murder is taking place, they refuse to intervene to save the situation they created in the first place by invading the country.

The past year witnessed the worst of the murder and torture in Iraq, but the U.S. forces, which claim to be the liberators who came to the country to save it from the hands of the dictator President Saddam Hussein, have done nothing to prevent or even contain it.

Ellie

Well they need to fight this a a war and take and clear it all. Then we will have peace in the areas. But the Senate and Congress and the media will not let that happen.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The answer to the original question is a simple,YES!!!

the answer to the above question is NO.

Human life is human life.

If I had to choose to save a life, between an American and an Iraqi, I would obviously choose the American.

But if it was between an American or a thousand innocent Iraqi civilians, then I'm sorry, but the American goes.

The United States government NEEDS TO DO ITS JOB in protecting the welfare of the Iraqi people. For our own sake, thats what it takes to win this war.

Read my post about Al Qaeda's Way of War if you want me to elaborate.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    In my opinion, the whole freaking country(Iraq) is not worth ONE American life. But, since we have committed to "helping" these ragheads on the path of democracy, it is better they should sacrifice more for a better way of life than us. They stand to gain more than we do. If we were the imperialist agressors that we are always accused of being, we would OWN the world now. If all we wanted was the oil fields, we could do that and let the rest of the country go to hell. Read Kiplings' White Mans' Burden; labled him as a rascist, it should be a training manual for our assistance to the third world. We send our "best and brightest" to be spit upon by people that would eat their own!

Dude put yourself in their shoes

all your life you've been ruled by a brutal dictator, you have had no rights, you've been poor

then a foreign power comes in and liberates you from this brutal dictator. You think things are going to get better, but instead all you see is violence, violence and more violence.

That country IS worth saving and there are INNOCENT PEOPLE there that DON'T DESERVE THIS MESS.

Quote Originally Posted by SuNmAN
    the answer to the above question is NO.

Human life is human life.

If I had to choose to save a life, between an American and an Iraqi, I would obviously choose the American.

But if it was between an American or a thousand innocent Iraqi civilians, then I'm sorry, but the American goes.
    The question isnt about "saving" life, but TAKING life. When Youre outside the wire, your buddies are all you can count on. I would kill everyone in with in the max effective range of my weapon to save one Marine life. From the way you awnserd this question, I am glad I do not serve with you.

Quote Originally Posted by SkilletsUSMC
    The question isnt about "saving" life, but TAKING life. When Youre outside the wire, your buddies are all you can count on. I would kill everyone in with in the max effective range of my weapon to save one Marine life. From the way you awnserd this question, I am glad I do not serve with you.
    as would I

I'm just saying its not fair to value one life more than another, especially at a 1000+ to 1 ratio???

But then again, if ONE gunman was shooting at me, using Iraqi women and children as human shields...I'd find some damn cover but there is no chance in hell I'm blasting into the civilians

as would I

I'm just saying its not fair to value one life more than another, especially at a 1000+ to 1 ratio???
    I think I see what you mean, but the point of the post was weather or not to save one Americans life is it justifiable to kill a 1000 iraqis.

Thats not the point of the post. If you read the article carefully - it talks about the US government willing to LAY OUT in search of one US soldier, but unwilling to devote much manpower to stopping secretarian violence.

Personally - If I was General Abizaid or whoever is in damn charge of Iraq right now

I would definitely be willing to kill thousands of combatants to save one US soldier

but if I had to kill thousands of women and children to save an American, I'd do my damnest to find another way about it.

Thats not the point of the post. If you read the article carefully - it talks about the US government willing to LAY OUT in search of one US soldier, but unwilling to devote much manpower to stopping secretarian violence.

Personally - If I was General Abizaid or whoever is in damn charge of Iraq right now

I would definitely be willing to kill thousands of combatants to save one US soldier

but if I had to kill thousands of women and children to save an American, I'd do my damnest to find another way about it.
    "The U.S. forces widened the scope of their operations and redoubled their efforts, bombing residential areas and homes, which resulted in the death and injury of scores of innocent Iraqis, all in an effort to find one kidnapped American."

Quote Originally Posted by SkilletsUSMC
    "The U.S. forces widened the scope of their operations and redoubled their efforts, bombing residential areas and homes, which resulted in the death and injury of scores of innocent Iraqis, all in an effort to find one kidnapped American."
    how the **** is bombing residential areas going to help find a kidnapped American? Isn't there a chance that the US soldier may be bombed inadvertantly?

how the **** is bombing residential areas going to help find a kidnapped American? Isn't there a chance that the US soldier may be bombed inadvertantly?
    My rough estimate is that 80% of fighting happens in residential neighborhoods. The story will never tell you WHY the bombs were dropped on any tactical level. If I had to guess I would say the bombs were most likely IDF counterfire missions.

Thread Information