Record Request.........
Create Post

Record Request.........

I just mailed a request to St. Louis for copies of my medical records, specifically for copies of two audiograms.

Does anyone out there know about how long it might be before I can expect a response?

Thanks in advance.

SF
    crate

Don't be in a hurry, I sent mine off over a month ago and haven't heard from them yet...

Yeah

It takes 60 to 90 days for a request of records.Do yourself right and re-request but this time request a COMPLETE copy of your health and dental records--AND--your service record book . Just whene you think they did"nt
    get your request it will come. Good luck

Enlisting the help of your Congressman or Senator will help expedite the process. My Congressman aided me in procuring my SRB, my dad's SRB, and my grandfather's SRB. They were unable to locate info on the next two generations back, circa 1888 and 1862. Proud to say...all five generations...
    U.S. Marines!

SEMPER FI!

drumcorpssnare

Thanks for the feedback, ya'll. I caught my app before it left in the mail and I'm going to regroup. I have an appointment with my VSO this afternoon and won't do anything without kicking it around with him. He's young but he's sharp.

I'll still probably order my SRB and medical records. For one thing, there's and Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal I think I qualify for from being on Taiwan in 1958 during a major confrontation between Nationalist China on Taiwan and Red China on the mainland. There's probably something in my SRB that would prove I was there.

Thanks again,

SF
    crate

Thread Information