Marines Aren't Soldiers Are They? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I worked hard for the title "U. S. MARINE" AND don't call me no soldier!!!!!!!!!!
    AGAIN, as usual, tenth is off in his own little world!!
    I swear he has a pile of books of quotes by this computer!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OLE SARG
    I worked hard for the title "U. S. MARINE" AND don't call me no soldier!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,
    I think that is exactly the difference between a soldier and a Marine-it has been stated before that as soon as you sign your enlistment papers you are a soldier, but Marines are recruits (boots, maggots, scum, etc.) until they are first called Marine on graduation day. Under the broad umbrella of Military you have soldiers as opposed to sailor and airmen; then you have the elite subclass of Marines! We all earned that Vulture, Hook and Eightball! SF

Credits
    Savings

Attention on deck, officer !

Quote Originally Posted by USMCBOXER
    Marines are exactly that, Marines. 10thzodiac - your own sig tag quote by Smedley even points this out. Why do you think he made this distincition if there were not one to be made? He didn't simply state "soldiers." He went on to separate Marines from the bunch. Go figure. Given some of your other posts, and the fact that you wear this quote by Smedley (and all other of his viewpoints) on your sleeve, it would seem you'd have this figured out by now.
    Thanks, Skipper, check out my new thread, "This ought to hurt some peoples brains around here !" I was waiting for the right person to bite hard, so we could get a Marine Corps History 101 lesson in .

Bye your leave, sir

SF
    10thzodiac

Zodiac if you not proud to be a Marine thats fine. Go be a communist somewhere else. Why is it that your are always trying to stir the pot. Im a Marine and if you called me a soldier , I dont care how much paraphenelia or pamphlets or documentation you presented Id still punch you in the face. I am a United States Marine. If I wanted to be a doggy then I would have joined the army.

I can recall in boot camp (MCRD PISC) some 15 years ago, being advised by DIs to -Grap, twist, pull, and kick (for those of you who may recall line training) any nasty civillian who (beholding the glorious Dress Blues) dared to call a US Marine a simple soldier. I too am in favor of maintaining the clearly identifiable distiction that separates the USMC from all other inferior branches.

box-kicker

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    (LMAO) OUTLAW, MY MARINE BROTHER;WHILE YOU'R AT IT WITH THE OTHER HAND THROW A PUNCH IN THAT FRIGGIN LADDERWELL'S FACE TOO!

10thzodiac,

I'm not taking it Hard Brother; whatever floats your boat!
    I'll just let you know: I'm not a soldier, I'm a MARINE.
    You can call yourself whatever you want! Makes no difference to me!
    And I believe that John Basilone was a Soldier before he joined the Marine Corps.

If Zodiac wants to be a soldier then good for him. As for me, I'm no soldier and never will be. Anyone that doesn't like it can kiss my A$$.

Semper Fidelis

Dave

Hoooah? How do you say oorah with a D1CK in your mouth? think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thzodiac

231ST ANNIVERSARY OF THE UNITED STATES NAVY

SF
    10thzodiac

Well, you convinced me. Just call me dogface 10th.

Quote Originally Posted by usmchauer
    Hoooah? How do you say oorah with a D1CK in your mouth? think about it.

that is probably the funniest sh*t Ive ever heard lol.

Credits
    Savings

Question Is that you or your mouse squeeking

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw3179
    Zodiac if you not proud to be a Marine thats fine. Go be a communist somewhere else. Why is it that your are always trying to stir the pot. Im a Marine and if you called me a soldier , I dont care how much paraphenelia or pamphlets or documentation you presented Id still punch you in the face. I am a United States Marine. If I wanted to be a doggy then I would have joined the army.
    SOLDIER

10thzodiac

LMAO!!!!!!! What the heck are you all grab ashing about. zodiac don't mean nothing,he must have a job in management,always starting crap to have fun.Deal with it,or bite the bag.

bootlace15 out

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY~THE MEN'S DEPARTMENT~(LMAO)

Marines not soldiers?

Apparently my school newspaper got a bunch of hate mail recently for captioning a picture as 'Soldier' returns home, instead of 'Marine' returns home. One woman, from a university in California, even wrote a letter, where she said 'Marines are NOT Soldiers. Just as Sailors are not Marines and Soldiers are not Airmen. Every branch of the military has it's own distinct label.' She goes on to suggest that our editor 'walk up to one [a Marine] and ask if he/she is in the Army.'

Now, I called up my mom and asked her, since she's in the army. She told me that Marines are Marines, Soldiers are Army, Airmen are Airforce, and Sailors are Navy. This was not what I originally thought she was going to say, so I was in the wrong. However, as our editor points out (despite her misspelling soldier several times in her editorial): "We're one country; we need to stand united and not let titles stand in our way."

I realize that there is a difference between a cadet and an enlisted man (or woman) or officer, but I don't really see why so many people got upset that a caption claimed a Marine was a soldier. The paper's website lists three complaints about this. Either way, the guy was fighting over in Iraq and is now home. Regardless of whether he was part of the Army or the Marines, he was fighting for our country. And he made it home.

All military members (with the exception of some professionals, such as physcians) have to go through a rigorous training. And the Marine's training is recognized to be the most difficult. So there should be some sort of pride that's associated with making it far enough to be considered a Marine. But to the general public, there isn't a whole lot of difference between the branches of the military, ESPECIALLY between the Marines and Army, since both generally fight on land. But the Army also fights in the air along with the Air Force. The Navy has ships that hold airplanes... are they flown by Airmen or Sailors? Does it really matter?

I'm truly sorry if I have offended any Marines, or family of Marines, but I don't see why everyone has to get so defensive over a title, particularly when all the titles are aiming for the same end. Coming home safe from the end of the war.

Ellie

Thread Information