Israel Official: Strike on Iran Possible
Create Post
    Credits
    Savings

Exclamation Israel Official: Strike on Iran Possible

Friday, November 10, 2006 JERUSALEM - The deputy defense minister suggested Friday that Israel might be forced to launch a military strike against Iran's disputed nuclear program - the clearest statement yet of such a possibility from a high-ranking official.

"I am not advocating an Israeli pre-emptive military action against Iran and I am aware of its possible repercussions," Deputy Defense Minister Ephraim Sneh, a former general, said in comments published Friday in The Jerusalem Post. "I consider it a last resort. But even the last resort is sometimes the only resort."

Sneh's comments did not necessarily reflect the view of Israel's government or of Prime Minister Ehud Olmert, said government spokeswoman Miri Eisin.
    Olmert, who was arriving in Washington on Sunday, said he was confident in the U.S. handling of the international standoff over Iran's nuclear program. The Bush administration and other nations say is a cover for developing atomic weapons, but Tehran says the program is peaceful.

"I have enormous respect for President Bush. He is absolutely committed," Olmert said in an interview on NBC's "Today" show. "I know that America will not allow Iran to possess nuclear weapons because this is a danger to the whole Western world."

The United States and its European allies have proposed a raft of sanctions to try to curb the country's nuclear development.

Israel sees Iran as the greatest threat to its survival. Hard-line Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has called for Israel's destruction, and Israelis do not believe his claims that Iran's nuclear program is meant to develop energy, not arms.

Israel crippled Iraq's atomic program 25 years ago with an airstrike on its unfinished nuclear reactor. Experts say Iran has learned from Iraq's mistakes, scattering its nuclear facilities and building some underground.
    Sneh's tough talk is the boldest to date by a high-ranking Israeli official. Olmert and other Israeli leaders frequently discuss the Iranian threat in grave terms, but stop short of threatening military action.

Years of diplomacy have failed to persuade Iran to modify its nuclear program so it can't develop weapons.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Pelosi, Kerry and Murtha Will Lead Us To Peace

I believe that the new democratic controlled House and Senate will do what they believe works best, negociation and appeasement with our sworn enemy. After their stellar success in North Korea Im sure that they believe that if we offered Iran 50 of our MRV's and 50 of our ICBM's that Iran would promise never to use them against us or anyone else. We will be prepared to sever all ties with Israel and apply a arms and food embargo against them. At the same time disbanning our entire military. Of course the libs may have to throw in the states of Texas and Florida just to ice the cake and assure peace at any cost.

"jinelson":

There is no way I would sign-off on that deal unless we throw in Massachusetts also, to include their two senators, the 'Hero Of Chappaquidick' and 'Bug-Out Kerry'......

Credits
    Savings

Unhappy The Barbarians are at the gate !!!

See, you guys done got me all shook up; Monday, I am dumping all my Jenny Craig and Budweiser stock before North Koreans and Iranian's get here. After all, there are no obese people in North Korea and Islamics do not allow alcohol consumption, right ?

Just in case there is life after Democrats, I think I will go into cabbage futures (Kim chi) and Persian Rugs before our sworn enemies get here... does this one qualify for an original thought or just a good idea

SF
    10th

Credits
    Savings
    Images

The pacifist is as surely a traitor to his country and to humanity as is the most brutal wrongdoer.

Theodore Roosevelt

Israel can mount a first strike on Irans Nuclear facilities,but they would need our help plus some allies to sustain it. They are are small country with small military.We are spread out all over the world and we also have a small micromanaged military and Iran may activate its sleeper Hezzbaloh and Hamas cells here in the USA,then we will have our hands full.All of these groups may have different names but their ultimate goal is to bring down the west.

Thread Information