It has been done...
Create Post
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Exclamation It has been done...

I signed my papers today to accept my 70% dissability from the Corps and I'm going into Seattle to see the DAV on Friday. I will be put on the TDRL (Temporary Disabled Retired List) in 1-3 months and receive my DD-214. I'm ot too happy with it, but it's what's best for me in the long term as well as for the Marine Corps. But thank God that Once a Marine, Always a Marine.

Brother, I know what you mean. I accepted 60% for my back after getting injured in Bosnia. When they discharged me, i was a 300 PFT'er. I tried and tried to stay in, then tried to reenlist, then tried the Reserves, then tried the Nat Guard...Oh well. There are other paths to follow. I chose Law Enforcement, and I found almost the same brotherhood, honor and Integrity that I had in the Corps. There IS a way to continue to serve, even it if isnt wearing dress Blues.

Get back on your feet, and start looking. Law Enforcement, Fire Fighting, there are many honorable professions out there that can fill some of that void that you have. It worked for me.

Keep the faith Brother.

Bill

Thread Information