2nd LAI BATT. ALPHA CO. Desert Shield-Desert Storm
Create Post

2nd LAI BATT. ALPHA CO. Desert Shield-Desert Storm

What if any, more ribbons and medals were we awarded?

I was discharged shortly after I returned from the Gulf. A fews years later I was informed of some more medals we rated. Who can I contact?

Sieber hey what was your vehicle commanders name ?

Vehicle Commander

His name I dont remember, Sgt Vangarder, or similiar. Our vehicle was the Iron Mistress. My Gunny was Deardorf.

I thuoght that I recognized your name. Hey, this is Cpl (GySgt)Davidson I was the driver of the "IRON MISTRESS" you were the one that fell into my arms after I opened the back hatch of the LAV after it rolled you had a big old gash on top of your skull! Wow it has been a long time but hey did you find the info you needed about the awards? I can probably help you out if you need it, just let me know. Hey I have a picture of the crew when we were over there

Lifer

Wow, you stayed in. Good for you, were else did you serve. I never got any info about what other awards were given to our unit. I was told after I got out that we got the Liberation of Kuwait medal. It was never listed on my dd214. So what unit are you with now. My email is rssllsbr@yahoo.com.

Get a copy of your DD-215. At times it'll have information that your DD-214 does not.

How to get a copy of your DD-215

Do any of you remember the LAV's that got blown up by friendly fire near Kafji? A good friend of mine was KIA in one of the LAV's. We were in boot camp together, the way we found out it was thorough the Saudi news paper.

Thank for that link, really helpful.

Thread Information