Advice and Warning
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking Advice and Warning

I graduated about 6 months ago from MCRD Parris Island... Where the real Marines are made, Ooh-Rah... It's 90% mental and 10% physical... It's all just one giant mind f*ck... It's all what you make of it... I personally loved it... One of the easiest thins I did when I stopped analyzing everything they said... Now for the warning... Don't go to sick call trying to get on light duty because you don't want to train... If you're going to be that much of a p*ssy then I don't want you in my Corps... Put up or join the Air Force...

lol..good s*it Marine. Semper Fi .

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by KMichael
    I graduated about 6 months ago from MCRD Parris Island... Where the real Marines are made, Ooh-Rah... It's 90% mental and 10% physical... It's all just one giant mind f*ck... It's all what you make of it... I personally loved it... One of the easiest thins I did when I stopped analyzing everything they said... Now for the warning... Don't go to sick call trying to get on light duty because you don't want to train... If you're going to be that much of a p*ssy then I don't want you in my Corps... Put up or join the Air Force...
    LOL! You go girl! Tell 'em like it is!

Sick Call

PI....Everybody knows that the best Marines are made in Hollywood....LOL Get Some Marine... For those who go to sick call, ya better learn to suck it up, this aint the Coast Guard!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Hey Marines, we should put the PI and Diego away. MCRD should only matter here. There is no E or W on our uniforms to show anything either. We are Marines, just because of the river we get sent to one or the other MCRD. I went SD, and served with alot of Marines that went to PI. and we are all the same Marine Green. We all wear the Eagle, Globe and Anchor and that is what only matters here. The Few the Proud The Marines. Semper Fi

Sgt. Hoss

Marine Free Member SgtHopperUSMC's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtHMH
    Hey Marines, we should put the PI and Diego away. MCRD should only matter here. There is no E or W on our uniforms to show anything either. We are Marines, just because of the river we get sent to one or the other MCRD. I went SD, and served with alot of Marines that went to PI. and we are all the same Marine Green. We all wear the Eagle, Globe and Anchor and that is what only matters here. The Few the Proud The Marines. Semper Fi

Sgt. Hoss
    Hollywood Marine->....... P.I. Marine-> ..... nuff said.. he he he

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    nuff said OORAH!!!

I just graduated from MCRD Parris Island and my Senior Drill Instructor, SDI GySgt Pevehouse, is a Hollywood Marine, and he said that Parris Island produces more disciplined Marines. Hell, Hollywood doesn't have sand fleas!

Anyway my advice would be to keep the right mind set. Before you ship exspect the worst, so that nothing is a suprise. When you're down there getting slaughtered just remember why you went down there, and remember that it's not supposed to be easy. Focus on pushing yourself further and further, strive to do you best. Don't go to Medical unless your leg is bent backwards or something. The only time I had to go on light duty was durning team week when the pull my wisdom teeth. If you hurt your knee or something like that or are sick, just talk to your SDI, he'll most likely give you something to help out.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Congratulations and welcome back Marine. I will get your membership status upgraded to Marine. Feel free to post your advice to the Poolees that follow you in the Former Poolee Advice Forum. Enjoy your leave you earned it.

Semper Fi

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by KMichael
    I graduated about 6 months ago from MCRD Parris Island... Where the real Marines are made
    Isn't this where the girls go? I once heard they send the girls east and the men west.

San Diego 1974
    VMFP-3 Photo Recon Squadron, Aerial Camera Tech 1975-1978
    El Toro, 29 Stumps, Yuma, Cherry Point, Iwakuni, USS Midway and points West Pac

Usually (what I was told) they do the Mississippi River as west-east. When I went it was where they needed the bodies the most.

Quote Originally Posted by rktect3j
    Isn't this where the girls go? I once heard they send the girls east and the men west.
    Any men east of the Mississippi go to PI, any west of the Mississippi go to SD. All females go to PI.

Quote Originally Posted by wbob
    San Diego 1974
    VMFP-3 Photo Recon Squadron, Aerial Camera Tech 1975-1978
    El Toro, 29 Stumps, Yuma, Cherry Point, Iwakuni, USS Midway and points West Pac
    Hey wbob, another VMFP-3 guy, cool. Hey brother I was there a bit after you, I got there in late 79 and left in late 81. We must know the same guys, what shop were you? I was a "metal mauler".

I will hit you up on a PM or email as you don't seem to post much. s/f.

Quote Originally Posted by KittyRina
    Any men east of the Mississippi go to PI, any west of the Mississippi go to SD. All females go to PI.
    I think you missed the joke Kitty, its one of the PI v. SD things lol. However, why are you answering threads from 2006...just wondering?

Thread Information