Well, The Time Has Come...
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lakeland, Florida smack inbetween Tampa and Orlando
    Credits
    Savings

Well, The Time Has Come...

I'm shipping out this Monday 01/27/03 and I just wanted to thank everyone on this site for all the help, enjoyment, and encouragement I've gotten from reading all of your posts. I first joined this site back in August, shortly after I signed up. Since then, this has been a great go-to spot for all those tough questions.
    See ya in 13 weeks!!!

Anthony
    One motivated maggot... OOOOOO-RRRAAAAHHHH!!!

firstsgtmike
    Guest Free Member
    Anthony,

There are many of us on this site that wish we were going with you.

I hope your folks will be there for your graduation. I knew mine couldn't be there for mine, yet I still looked for them in the crowd.

If it's possible, when you write home, ask your parent's to post a msg to us so we know how you are doing.

I look forward to welcoming another Marine into our Corps.

Good luck Silver_XAT!

Can we send ya a care package? Make sure yer parents give us yer addy!

Earle Comstock
    Guest Free Member
    Good luck young Man , we are all proud of you . Got kind of a weird story for you about the 27th of January .
    Yesterday , I was at this Tavern close by where I live. I usually make it a morning stop , because they got good coffee .
    I meet this older gal in there . My name is Earle , my friends call me Shorty . Hey , It's not what you are all thinking . Its because I have this Tattoo on my Dick that says Shorty , when its hard it say's , EAT AT SHORTY'S BAR AND GRILL , RANCHO CUCAMONGA , CALIFORNIA . Ok not really , It may not be very big , but if I stuck it in your mouth , you couldn't say take it out .
    Anyways , this older gals name is Earlene , so I get to talking with her . Now alot of you know that my birthday is Super Bowl Sunday , cause I won't shut up about it , And I'm still looking for the Keys to my New FLHT Harley Davidson that you all chipped in and got me . Ok , so my birthday is January 26th .
    Earlene's father is named Earle , his nickname is Shorty , and His birthday is January 27th .
    Ok , Ok , I'm done already , just thought it was a pretty cool story .

Good Luck Silver_XAT
    Hope someday soon I can call you Marine
    OOH RAH !

Good Luck Silver_XAT...........

The Care Package sounds like a great idea......We can make sure he knows it is from us.....when they tell him it from some Marine Group called Leatherneck.com..........

It would be a Pleasure to Welcoming another Marine into our Corps.

The Drifter

Good Luck and remember it's over in 13 weeks. All of us will be proud to welcome you back as a Marine.

Wish I was going with you but at 66 I know I couldn't pass the test. Do it for me.

I wish you the best of luck. I know you'll come back to us in 13 weeks having earning the Title of Marine.

We'll miss you and await your return.

Good luck.

Outside of Nashville, TN. Work in FOB Louisville
    Credits
    Savings
    All of their sentiments, and mine to ya..

Things I do today (or have done) mean more, because of my time in the Corps.

An appreciation of Life, Love, Liberty.... past and to come.

Do yorself proud, and you will be doing US proud.

Good luck...... maybe you'll make 'GRUNT'.

Good luck Anthony !

I would be REAL careful about asking this group to send a care package to you. I remember care packages coming in in 62--thankfully NOT to me--that were reqularly filled with sweets, 'gendunk' and variations of 'poggy bait' ! I can also remember it having to be consumed at one time by the said recruit/reciepient chased with warm water and then PT'd off till the poor slobs puked everything up on the deck !!

A hoot now to remember but sure as hell not to the recruit in question at the time.

So GOOD LUCK, work hard, and stay motivated ! You'll earn a title that will be with you for life !!

Registered User Free Member Barrio_rat's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Care package? Send him a brick, everyone needs a 'best friend' in Boot Camp.

BTW, good luck Silver XAT - looking forward to welcoming you back as a Marine.

Semper Fi!

Registered User Free Member leroy8541's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Congrats and good luck silver I' D BE CAREFUL with these guys and "care packages" they all know how to buy you time on the quarter deck with the letters and "care packages" oh yeah whats the addy so we can send you a "care package" . good luck and chime back in with those pfc chevrons next to your name in thirteen weeks!!!OOOOORRRRRAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

stay strong man!

Lakeland, Florida smack inbetween Tampa and Orlando
    Credits
    Savings

Time's tickin' down

Thanks a lot friends. As I find the hour approaching, I am hoping that in a few short (god-awful and miserably long-suffering) weeks I'll be calling you all brothers. Another thing I hope is that you never get my address lol

Now Silver, if we wanted yer addy, don't you think we could get it....if we really wanted it?

Good luckl kid.

Life will never be the same after this!

... he's on the Island now. That's a motivating and inspiring thought.

I'm counting down 13 weeks.

Thread Information