Stay Motivated
Create Post

Thread: Stay Motivated

Stay Motivated

Boot camp is so easy but your not going to think so once you get there. You can watch all the movies and TV shows they have out there but it is still going to be a kick in the balls that first week. Alot of guys and gals that get there think that the Marine Corps is not for them after they meet there DIs on forming day 1 and try to quite. You cant let yourself get like that becuase once you admit to yourself that bootcamp sucks and you want to go home and be a lazy civilian again, boot will be so much harder. stay motivated and boot will be a breeze. Drill Instructors cant stop time. tell your self that when your morale gets low. you can only get killed for so long eventually it will end and you'll be eating chow or prepareing to mount. One thing that was false about boot that people told me was it doesnt get easier after 1st phase, it gets harder but so do you and all that sh*t that bothered you before will make you laugh.
    Another thing of advice is drink alot of water while your still at home and at boot camp. your gunna want to expand your bladder before boot becuase your not always going to be able to go make a head call and you need to hold it for a while. We had 3 kids pee themselves and it wasnt funny. Your also gunna want to drink alot at boot so you dont become a heat case and get that silver bullet.

All of you will do great a Boot camp as long as you follow the advice you get from the expirenced Marines that were there before you. Dont be a sh*tbagger there either put out and have some integrity. Good luck poolees.

Semper Fidelis

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Sound advice this Marine gives, hydrate hydrate hydrate, and hydrate some more! Thanks brother lets hope the Poolees listened up.

Semper Fi

Jim

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    No, Boot never gets easier. It's actually you getting stronger and getting used to the routine. At the beginning you have no clue about anything. You're confused, your body is trying to adapt, you're learning hundreds of new things...that makes it seem harder than it really is. Once you hit about 2nd phase, you know what to do.

Easy?

You went to different Boot Camp than I did, the Boot Camp that I went to was a BIT@#, and the best experience of my life. Boot Camp is not easy, that is what sets Marines apart, our training, if it was easy, it would be the Army, Air Force or Navy... For you poolees out there, Boot Camp is gonna kick you in the nuts, but suck it up, stay motivated and NEVER say "I can't." If you want easy, stay home and stay civilian. If you want the GREATEST challenge of your lifetime, go to Boot Camp, EARN the Title, and STAY MARINE.

Thanks for the advice I will use it while i am in PI, and I asure you I will earn the title of being called a Marine..........Looking forward to wear that EGA with pride.

The way you talk about it, it just makes me want to go sooner that much more.
    1. So I can get it over with.
    2. So I can become a Marine that much quicker and get that EGA. =]

I can't wait to go.
    Any more advice about recruit training that I should know about?

Thanks for the advice. Being motivated in anything really makes it worthwhile. My recruiters are pushing me pretty hard since I ship out in about two weeks and puked during the IST (milk was a bad choice). They want me to hurt and be sore all over (which I am), but stay motivated. The more pain I felt, the more motivated I was to succeed. I'm thankful my recruiters are giving me this opportunity to help make boot camp less painful than it could be for me.

Great Motivator!

I am counting the days until I can go to Boot, dont want to be a nasty civilian anymore.

How exactly does one increase their ability to hold their bladder? Should I just drink a lot of water and hold it for as long as I can, timing myself? lol.

Thread Information