From a New Marine - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skaterjon89
    I'm going to have a hard time I think not smiling when I'm hurting ( i don't know why I do this, some people call me sadistic because I like the pain, lets you know you're alive )

Also I'm known for having a quick tounge, just a question to any Marines, did any Recruit ever say some snotty remark to a DI? and what happened to this Recruit?
    You'll find your natural instincts now, will not be a problem. You'll be scared, nervous, and all the recruits i heard say something stupid, usually never said anything again.

Quote Originally Posted by MotivatorOfTheGuard
    You'll find your natural instincts now, will not be a problem. You'll be scared, nervous, and all the recruits i heard say something stupid, usually never said anything again.
    because the drill instructors drag them off into the woods and then it's GAME OVER MAN!

No, but they will instill it into you on the quarterdeck!

shut your mouth and do your push ups as well and as fast as you can.

trust me they have ways of wiping a smirk off of your face.

"Ink Stick Ink Sticks on line right now. Now hold them out in front of you arm parallel to the deck!"

Once you learn how heavy a simple pen can be...you'll learn to keep your bearing.

I'm personally a snideish smartmouth but plan to shut my trap, work my ass off, hope i dont f* up and pray to god if i do i learn to never do it again. oh and did i mention i plan to SHUT MY TRAP...
    its about being a team, we shouldn't get out platoon in trouble.
    it's off to San Diego in 25 days, leaving chitown behind for a while...
    im not sure what everyone means by ink sticks and lead sticks but im sure they'll learn me the meaning the hard way, my recruiter told me to enjoy the time left before camp and concentrate on working on my pt (needs work)

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Aurora Illinois, you ever get to meet Wayne and Garth? Sorry bout that, anyway, how are you going to San Diego if you live in Chicago, I mean maybe my geography is a little off, but I thought if you lived east of the Mississippi you went to Parris Island.

Quote Originally Posted by Whigwam
    I'm personally a snideish smartmouth but plan to shut my trap, work my ass off, hope i dont f* up and pray to god if i do i learn to never do it again. oh and did i mention i plan to SHUT MY TRAP...
    its about being a team, we shouldn't get out platoon in trouble.
    it's off to San Diego in 25 days, leaving chitown behind for a while...
    im not sure what everyone means by ink sticks and lead sticks but im sure they'll learn me the meaning the hard way, my recruiter told me to enjoy the time left before camp and concentrate on working on my pt (needs work)
    My advice to you is keep your mouth zipped because if you don't you will pay dearly and so will the rest of the platoon and if you think you are the tough guy well they will break you down so fast it will make your head spin.

Quote Originally Posted by bstewar09
    Aurora Illinois, you ever get to meet Wayne and Garth? Sorry bout that, anyway, how are you going to San Diego if you live in Chicago, I mean maybe my geography is a little off, but I thought if you lived east of the Mississippi you went to Parris Island.
    Is that true we use to get a choice in my time maybe times have changed?

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT7477
    Is that true we use to get a choice in my time maybe times have changed?
    I think I read that somewhere, but then again every little bit of information I know is mostly second hand so who knows.

I certainly plan on keeping my mouth zipped. like i said, i dont want to get my platoon in trouble if i can help it. and i am definitely not the tough guy and do NOT intend on trying to play the role. I'm more the nerdy geeky types.lol

my recruiter said i would be going to SD. d'ont quote me but i believe illinois might fall under a " send them where we need them" area. i mean it IS the MIDwest

Quote Originally Posted by Whigwam
    I certainly plan on keeping my mouth zipped. like i said, i dont want to get my platoon in trouble if i can help it. and i am definitely not the tough guy and do NOT intend on trying to play the role. I'm more the nerdy geeky types.lol

my recruiter said i would be going to SD. d'ont quote me but i believe illinois might fall under a " send them where we need them" area. i mean it IS the MIDwest
    It's usually the nerdy guys who show up the body builders and star athletes. Their tears will be your strength. Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by skaterjon89 View Post
    I'm going to have a hard time I think not smiling when I'm hurting ( i don't know why I do this, some people call me sadistic because I like the pain, lets you know you're alive )

Also I'm known for having a quick tounge, just a question to any Marines, did any Recruit ever say some snotty remark to a DI? and what happened to this Recruit?
    (yes I have since this happen....below are some of the things I saw in bootcamp and experienced, and lets just say DI's have a thing called a Whiskey Locker....and you never want to be locked in one alone with your Kill Hat)

Ok here is what you do! When you are getting ITed and you are doing mountain climbers in the middle of doing them jump up and shout "THIS RECRUIT HAS REACHED THE TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN SIR!!" Oh and during hygeine inspection make sure your skivies are pulled up your ass crack.
    My Platoon did some stupid **** in bootcamp. It was all in good fun though. DI's are Marines, they are still human and still deep down somewhere have a sence of humor. While I dont sugest trying to find it. If you can bring it out it makes boot camp fun. We always looked at bootcamp as War Games between recruits and DI's. Except in these games they are holding SAW's while you have a pellet gun. (Not exactly fair) If you could get a DI to loose his bearing then you won the battle, win enough and they start playing more games with you. Changing things up and making it harder for you. THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT! You want to get everything out of bootcamp that you can. We had one recruit who constantly got in trouble and was getting ITed everyday. One of these days everyone in the platoon ran to the quarterdeck to get ITed with him. This drove my Kill Hat crazy. He was a boot hat and still did not know what he could and couldnt get away with. Learn your DI's boundries and push them. Make them make it harder for you. Physically bootcamp is nothing, so push yourself and others around you to make it harder.

I guess my point in all this is don't let the exhausting mental stress break you. Do what you have to to keep yourself mentally aware. Pay attention and learn your DI's, and learn what you can about everything else. Have fun with bootcamp, weither fun for you is playing games with the DI's or being a robot recruit. When you get to the fleet it will be all you talk about at your first duty station, because everyone can relate to you and what you went through there. Good Luck Devil Pups! Can't wait to have you in my Corps once you earn that Eagle Globe and Anchor and I can offically call you Marines!

This is really motivating. I'll be sure to read this before I head out to Recruit Training. Thanks Amy.

Congratulations Amy! Sounds like you have the right attitude to become an outstanding leader of Marines! SEMPER FI!!!

Thread Information