15 Ways to tell if you’re in Twentynine Palms when... - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Another sure fire way to tell when you hit the mighty 'burb of 29....The women in town are all looking for dental insurance..thems some fine honey's out there...

Marine Free Member d3vi1d06 4 life's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    29 aint got nothin on MCAS yuma!!!
    100 degrees at 1100 when i was there last april

i was in 29 stumps march thru june of 08 and it wasnt even close to 90 at high noon

29 was a boring joke

Quote Originally Posted by d3vi1d06 4 life View Post
    29 aint got nothin on MCAS yuma!!!
    100 degrees at 1100 when i was there last april

i was in 29 stumps march thru june of 08 and it wasnt even close to 90 at high noon

29 was a boring joke
    I'd be the last one to argue the "boring" aspect, but you were there during the nice part of the year. I've been there when the LOW temperature of the day was 104 at 0500! I'm sure Yuma get's it's share, but so does stumps.

Credits
    Savings
    oh yeah i agree. i loved 29 palms. it was loads of fun.

Credits
    Savings
    it was 110 at 0100 in kuwait

Marine Spouse Free Member JarWife4Life's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    We live in 29 when my husband was in .. let me tell you what, that first summer was HOT... i had to run to the mailbox and to get the trash can so my feel wouldnt burn..But i do miss it there alot. especially when i would be on the back porch with the sun out and then look out into town and see a major down pour of rain.. ahhh man i miss living there

Marine Spouse Free Member JarWife4Life's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    ok so because my husband is a Marine and WE lived in 29 palms i am not allowed to talk about it? I dont understand, but ok.

JarWife4Life - Marine Spouses and Marine Families are only supposed to post in the "Marine Family" (Open Discussion, Marine Parents and Marine Spouse) part of the forum only.

Ha ha I was there from 1990 to late 1992... I had a car with NO AC and vinyl seats... oh and a hole in the floor pan... good time.

Where to begin?
    I was in 29 from Jan. 87 to Feb. 90.
    Yeah, good stuff.
    A.Co. 1/4
    I. Co. 3/7
    A.Co.Rein. 3Rd. LAI.Bn.

Smitty

29 Palms

While I was there Feb 91 to Mar 94 I hated the place and I remember old timers telling me that the Stumps would grow on me and I never did believe them. Well I’ll be darn that I did not miss that place once I left it.
    Heck I remember partying down in Riverside at the Metro or Harry Cs till 4 am on Thursday nights and getting back just in time for PT.
    Partying at out in town at Club 29 or at the little bar called the Stumps on Sundays and eating some good food there.
    Great times.
    OK, I have to admit it I don’t miss running around that cesspool Lake Bandini.

I'll take it that the immortal Lake Bandini is still there?
    Well I reckon IMORTAL is the word.
    She will always be there to torture MARINES
    Smitty

Lake Bandini may be there now, but when I was there in '77 it didn't exist. It was a dry lakebed.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny C Smith View Post
    I'll take it that the immortal Lake Bandini is still there?
    Well I reckon IMORTAL is the word.
    She will always be there to torture MARINES
    Smitty
    Immortal indeed...left many a vomit trail on the happy path to pft land.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by AKA HITMAN View Post
    Stationed there late '77 to '80 with 7th Marines. Hated it, only saving grace was getting a place off base at the infamous Diamond Z trailer park right out the front gate. We were building Copper Mtn. College site and all my Heavy Junk friends in the graders and such would park out front and eat a good breakfast and off to the job we'd go. My M880 made plenty of unauthorized beer runs during the day. Partying was about the only thing to keep occupied after work.After I got out, married and my wife got a job on base as a domestic violence case worker (she stayed busy) and I worked in Orange Co. I actually liked living there because I could train for desert racing after work and actually socialize with my friends out in the dez. It definately seperated the men from the boys.
    7th Marines were at Pendleton, 62 Area then........ wtf over.

Says favorite Duty Station, Camp Pendleton here: http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?u=66531

Last edited by Drafter; 12-01-09 at 05:45 PM. Reason: confused by the bs.

Thread Information