15 Ways to tell if you’re in Twentynine Palms when... - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Registered User Free Member cjwright90's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    My unit (3/7/1) is now in 29 Palms, but I got out before they moved there.

Saurian'sEdge
    Guest Free Member
    Your forgetting the best part, that damn snowcapped mountain.

Ya gotta love a place that the Army says uninhabitable and the Corps puts a golf course on.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    During one of those gigantic CAX evil-lutions they had to billet some units all the way out in El Toro.

One evening when were in the chow line, a Staff Sargeant came up behind us and politely asked if his men could go ahead. We turned and looked at about three dozen dusty and totally exhausted looking Marines.

We immediately stepped aside. In their condition we would have stepped aside if it had been a PFC that had asked us.

Good ole 29 stumps. I remember that place did a cax there in 1994. It was one hot sum gun. I just loved the 400 ranges. We had a change of command ceremony after all was said and done and half the battalion fell out.

Registered User Free Member cjwright90's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Sounds like I missed all the fun!

Credits
    Savings
    Ah, the Stumps. 1977

The Stumps...

Went to MOS School at the Stumps, and then being stationed at Pendleton I remember alot of exercises out there. Always stopped at the Dinasour on the way out.

No flash floods for me, but did see an incredible lighten storm one night on an exercise. Like the song, I could see for miles and miles (it's amazing how big this country is).

Got a ticket from some park rangers (yogi bear types) for burning a fallen cactus. I'd got back in a heart beat (in nice air conditioned RV!)

Bill "Kalbo" Long

MOS school at the stumps, twice.
    But I have to say Stumps has nothing on MCAS Yuma in regard to heat.

Stumps

Um, you're worried about heat? How 'bout the giant Poo lake? Maybe you didn't get my name reference.

LOL, maybe you should go swim in Poo Lake.

Squad Leader Platinum Member Zulu 36's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    My trips to 29 Palms turned out to be pretty good prep training for Desert Storm. Nice and hot, blowing sand, and watching a C-141 catch fire on the ground while unloading troops. Frying lizards on the big commo antennas was high entertainment. Good times.

15 Ways to tell if you’re in Twentynine Palms when...

You have a large group indoc. briefing from the local wildlife refuge manager about not scaring the Desert Tortoise, it will pee itself then dye of dehydration. poor little turtles.

Damn 29 Palms... hell no. I was there in December a couple years back. F that place!

Thread Information